306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: K seal.....test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok...so I dont like the idea or the stuff itself...

BUT after doing a cheap job of me headgasket and it working fine apart from leaking some coolant between head/gasket I thought I would do the following:

buy Kseal.
£9 posted.

try it.

report back to see if it fixes it and how the engine runs...

then in a couple months when I rebuild the whole thing properly report back regarding what it may or may not have done internally!

so....poured in on monday.

cars runs bang on now and now leaks.
I used Kseal in my old xr3i, worked for 18 mnths
K seal is supposed to be one fo the better of that type of product
I used Holts Wondarweld in a last minute attempt to bodge the car to FCS'12. It didn't work. And in about half an hour of idling, it got EVERYWHERE.

Mark Airey can vouch for me when I say the stuff is f*cking vile.
K-seal is ok but wait till you need to bleed the system it blocks the pipes. ive found another product call STEEL SEAL bit pricey but says if it doesnt work you get your money back
seems to have fixed the leaks...

however it TAKES ages to heat up and never gets to full temp unless boosting hard...

so need to remove 'stat and test
probably sealed the stat open! if you read the instructions it probably says take stat out before applying
The only time i have ever used it my matrix blocked up because of it
nope...
says pour in, drive and in 2/3min at running temp it will fix.

no need to flush etc.

be interesting when I look...

good point RE:matrix.

I wouldnt be all that bothered if it was summer!
I've used some of this before to fix a very minor leak from a radiator once, was fine for years!
Moved to the XUD section as this isn't really a guide Smile
(02-04-2013, 02:32 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Moved to the XUD section as this isn't really a guide Smile

neither is it a XUD specific subject!?!?!?
things holding up well 5k later...apart from that it appears to have blocked up the heater matrix Sad
DO NOT PUT ANY BRAND OF THIS CRAP IN YOUR CAR!!!
hahahaha
Oh dear...shoulda tried an egg in there instead! Big Grin
Having seen a heater matrix i wouldnt ever put that shit in the cooling system :/
does no one read the first post?!

I dont like the stuff either but as its cheap and on a engine that will be fully stripped down in a month or so I thought I would try it and report back!