306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Blower chat what turbos and mods ????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
right i cant find the thread i found a couple of days ago so im gna start from here i have a phase 1 306 xrdt bosch standard i cant remeber what turbo i have on her i know its not a kkk or summin like that what is the max i can get out of it before i start hitting danger zones and i mean bad zones as im on 28psi as it is and shes been like that for a year also i have a xantia aswell 1.9 d turbo same engine but diffrent blower i think its a kkk i have turned up the turbo but i dont think its enough as i wound the allen key in b hand for ages then started geting stiffer can i carry on winding it till its hard to turn i want to max the turbo on it and see how she goes also one more lads hahah what turbos can bee fitted straight on and no messing about there power bands high low range
you wont see any more than 28psi really from a standard turbo...if you get to 30psi it wont really see much gain as its not really increasing the flow.

bigger turbo, less psi = more power

or more search button = questions answered
hmmm its weird cos i have got a least an inch of thread left to turn the turbo on the pug that should wack the bosst right up should it ???
as said...more psi dont mean more power.

get reading on this forum...there is pages upon pages on turbo info and tuning....you wont have time to sleep tonight if you read it all...but you would be ready to get tuning tomorrow!

and your fueling is probably limiting boost
i have about 2 to 3 more turns they the fuel screw stops but the only thing stopping me is the idle is like 1200rpm now

i dont know why i want it faster i just want to know it is all maxed out i can fly over to 130 mph maybe just over going down a slight incline i think thats fast enough for her but hey
then use the idle adjustments to drop the idle down

Also consider using a more agressive LDA pin/setting
all the idles screws are out there is no more ajustment on the lda cog no more thread left and the throttle arm has been SHAVEN to allow it to sit back more
I'd say you at max for the pump bar grinding the lda and gov modding
its got a lda grind already i took all the lda pins from the scrappy hahah so i have spairs lol Smile

what would people say about a hybrid turbo not much diffrence is there and propberly wont be able to jsut bolt one on

what turbo do i have on my phase 1 then ??? i know its not a kkk
depends what hybrid you want, and there not cheap, i run a hybrid T25, and its a bolt on, bit laggy though compared to td04.
is a td04 what ive got on my pug i think yer but lag is worth it when she boost up haha ??
Td04 is a turbo most commonly used from imprezas, and is a common upgrade that people use on here, so it wont be on your pug, your thinking of a k14 more than likely, and yeah when its on full boost it can shift.
ahhh k14 thats it hmmm but myn is laggy a fook as it is so got knows what a t 25 is going to be like coalllllinnngggg
shouldnt be laggy on a standard turbo mate, the T25 starts boosting around 2.3k
thats when myn starts boosting about 2500k after a bit of coal haha
As piggys mentioned, just because everythings wound to max doesnt mean your set up for maximum power, its about finding the balance between underfueling the turbo and starving the turbo from over fueling, im running 22psi on t2 lucas pump,very little smoke but turbo comes in at just over 2.2k and pulls straight through
from what you've just said sounds like your LDA pin isnt working right....something defo not right
could be over fueling low down and bogging the engine too . .
Sounds like you will smash something soon lol. Get an 11mm pump on her and parts will hit the pavement with torque haha
haha its been like this for a year and still starts first time everytime and pursss thats what its doing over fueling low down so if thats wht its doing i should back off the lda tension ?? ? SO T 25 TURBO WILL BOLT STRAIGHT ON NO CHANGING PIPES OR GETTING ADAPTER ETC NO SMASHING UP THE BULK HEAD ASWELL :p ??

also i can just bash in t25 turbo on internet find the cheapest and buy or does it have to be a specific one ??

what about this ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT25-GT28-GT28...256f2b25f0
The lack of punctuation in this thread is literally tragic
You need to search and search, and get a spell checker/learn punctuation lol
to be honest guys what are your posts actually achieving nothing so if your that bord go and knit pick on someone elses thread !!! im trying to get info and help not punctuation checks and spell checkers

so myn is a 9mm then standard then you get 10 and 11mm mods ??
I said to search mate, no offence but its a challenege trying to mKe it out, its been cover a million times. Standard is 9mm, 99% of upgrades are to an 11mm with a bigger turbo, 2/3 common chiices but it depends what you after and if you want loads of smoke or a clean burn
mate, every turbo apart from standard, are not a direct fit, mine is a direct fitmant because its been made to bolt straigt on, which costs money.
you're clearly not using the search function or having a gander around the forum as ALL your questions have been covered dozens of times...
hence why some are probably getting a bit cheesy wit ya
(22-03-2013, 07:00 PM)sparkyboi001 Wrote: [ -> ]to be honest guys what are your posts actually achieving nothing so if your that bord go and knit pick on someone elses thread !!! im trying to get info and help not punctuation checks and spell checkers

so myn is a 9mm then standard then you get 10 and 11mm mods ??

It's 'nit picking' just sayin

Oh and it's spelt 'mine', 'myn' isn't even a word....

On a serious note as many have said, all the information is on the forum in various guides. No one is just going to serve you the answers on a plate you need to do a bit of research. Your 'I've got lots of thread left on my actuator arm, if I wind it up will it go like f*ck?' says it all really...
and if you read the thread its not all about that why do you think i put a thread up to see who can help me its to help everyone else to see what turbos people think are good

now if youve finished i want to get back to it all
td04 i say....
Yes but to be fair you do type shit.

I am normally ok with text talk, or bad grammar. Not everyone did well at school but this is just bad.

But I will help as I am bored.

Bolt on gt15, t2 k14. All standard pug turbos.
Most other turbos will need work to fit, plates different manifolds, I think there are a few that have roughly the same pattern but not sure to be honest.

T25, td04 and other similar turbos are pretty good for these cars, not laggy at all.
GT20, 22 and most likely gt25 would be better though as they are newer.
If you have the know how VNT turbos would be good.
There are loads of turbos that might work well but it's a case of try and find out.

9mm pumps are fine, 10-11mm better, but it's a case of building one or having one built for you.

As everyone has said there is loads of info on the site, do a few searches to give you ideas, yes it's good for everyone to know but peopl have asked before and everyone gets bored of answering or does not like sharing.
Pages: 1 2