306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: a/c aux belt, what n00bness am i doing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sure there's another hole for it to fit into? On mine, there is no way to lock it. Just wack a ratchet in there and slacken it then use my other hand to pop the belt off. Simples
Well, on the haynes, it does state with 1.9 and air conditioning, there is a hole to lock the spring tensioner. There is also a diagram provided (small), but I can make it out on my car....just. So there is something to lock it to I think. It's just being silly. I can't see what I'm doing wrong.... hmm....
I wouldn't trust the Haynes lol.
It seems to be exactly the same tensioner as mine (from what I can see in the video) and I know there is nowhere to lock it in. As said, I don't see the need because as soon as you've moved the tensioner, the belt pops off easy.
Well, ill get another vid in a sec. But the diagram literally matches my car. Where it says theres a hole, near a bracket. I can see the hole and the hole in the arm too.

Also, just literally the point as it goes to snap back, testing the tension....theres not a huge amount of difference. hmm.
Tis all good in the hood. Sorted it.