306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: smokey start up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
alright guys

on a little mission to get the silver beasty running better so thought i would post up for some advice.

from cold it wont start unless you use the throttle with out throttle it will sort of come to life running on the starter then die. once started there is a fair bit of wight smoke (diesel) till it is warmed up now i have hunted out 3 air leaks and sorted them and there dosen't seam to be any more and dose start a little easier but still not as it should.

had a little read up and see atopic about fuel fiter in the tank?? have fitted a new fuel filter under the bonnet asthe housing was leaking so swapped that over

cars a ph1 bosh pump m reg could try and get a video if that would help Huh
Glow plugs*
do they cut in and out till the car gets up to temp?
Should cut out after a set time, but I forget how long. Probably an idea testing them/replacing them
ok mate i'll give it a go i always wate for the relay to click out then start it thought that was it, if they cut back in would explane it i got some good ones i'll give it ago any thing else i can try?
The glow plugs stay on for between 15 and 20 seconds after the car is started iirc, worth trying that. If you've already looked for air leaks then it may be worth looking for leaks in the fuel system, check the run offs, grenade and the filter for any leaks, following that there is a water leak off by the fuel filter which should have a pipe coming out of it. Try this as there may be water in the fuel filter too.

From the symptoms i would say its probably the glow plugs though Smile
checked the run offs replaced the fuel filter housing and filter cleaned it out etc grenade i have't changed but can't see leaks hear air from it it pumps up hard and stay pretty solid for a wile now i have sorted the other leakes i found, thanks guys i'll chuck some plugs in it and get back with the results Smile
its not the glow plugs f*cked about for 2 evnings changed them still the same any more idea's? before it hits ebay lol
What pump you got?
bosh pump ph1 m reg beasty
might have fixed it will up date tomorrow Smile still going on ebay tho as insurance has gone right up even tho i'm a year older with a year more no clams Sad so need to sell it all and pay the bills
can still here a slight air leak tho Angry