306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: To high mileage for the TD04??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well adapter plates should be on my way to me now, but i still carnt deiced if my car is to high mileage its on 168k and i think its getting on abit for the boost of a td04, im not looking to run stupid boost thinking 20-25psi max!

So what you think? is it to high mileage?

Also what sort of power will i be running with 25psi on a TD04 with front mount and bosch?

Comments welcome
soon find out!! Tongue

If its made 168k with no issues...then I see that as a good test of strength and whether it will fail.

Low millage engines maybe nice but they could be hiding faults which having shown themselves yet

Im on 145k and just started to give the gal some proper boost and fuel...no issues yet

PS if the bosch is gov modded iirc then you should see 150bhp easily
(24-02-2013, 08:52 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]soon find out!! Tongue

If its made 168k with no issues...then I see that as a good test of strength and whether it will fail.

Low millage engines maybe nice but they could be hiding faults which having shown themselves yet

Im on 145k and just started to give the gal some proper boost and fuel...no issues yet

PS if the bosch is gov modded iirc then you should see 150bhp easily

Pump is just lda grind at min, gov mod is on the cards, im hitting 25psi on the k14 with no issues as of yet, but 25psi on a TD04 is a different thing i dont want to run the risk of engine smashing to bits, rather just keep the k14 and intercool it and play it safe.

OH btw its a D8A engine block "apparently" stronger??
xuds are pennys now...guys give them away on here...

but there are a few on similar millage and big tunes...see what others post
Tbh they seem to spit rods when poodling about, and they don't seem to care what mileage they are on!! I say go for it
yeah some, like Davids, spit a rod...but at low boost at no particular time
(24-02-2013, 08:52 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: [ -> ]soon find out!! Tongue

reply cracked me up but true been well serviced etc?
low milage engines are still the same age might have coved less miles but could have spent loads more time on tick over so I would just give it a go and slowly up the boost
FYI...

honda back in the day were buying all old 1500 lumps they could find...but they had to have done over 100k...

the reason...they wanted to be sure there was nothing wrong with the lump for building into their F1 cars...so they wouldnt buy a low millage lump for fear any issues hadnt showed up yet
Meh, depends on how the engines been looked after really.

I'd rather a high miler with regular oil changes and looked after than a low miler thats been neglected.

I'm running a TD04 on a 196k block and it hasn't spat yet, but thats not to say it won't at some point.

If you don't know the history, then as others have said just go for it and have in the back of your mind that you may have to change the engine if it pops.
Always have a backup option, you'll think one day "mah it'll be fine, it put up with 35psi of boost last night and didnt break"... But sadly sometimes when you think all is well, you've done the damage and it's a matter of days or weeks until it shows its ugly head after the metal fatigue has simply finished it off and it spits its rods everywhere when you're just cruising - though you did the damage 2 weeks ago...
Mines on 145k now done over 10k and not had a problem only running 28psi though as these turbos flow more but i dont know the history of engine but tbh it had a lucas on so cant have been thrashed too much seems to love 6k revs tho
good point on history...

mines real smooth still at 145k...

but couple of mates have ditched their xud's at around 100k and I dont blame them...they were dogs...but only coz they had had a million bad owners who didnt care
mines had 16 owners JP can vouch for this, was running a lucas on a cracked pump bracket and they musta had it on veg too was a bag of nails until a good service and not lifted the head on this one yet even when we got 34psi without turbo leaking
Well my car had 5 owners from new, got about 75% service history, the thing that puts me off im a delivery driver so use/need my car every night doing any thing from 20miles to 120miles a night I carnt really run the risk of blowing the engine tbh think im just gona keep it as it is, and get another d tubo as a project that wont matter then if it blows up cos will have this car to fall back on.
Why not just buy a spare engine, totally stock and running. Then store it away ready to drop in should the worst happen. It'd only take you a few hours to swap over, then you're back on the road again while you build another high booster..
As jonny said this is what ive done just in the process of rebuilding spare and have it full and ready to swap

Or simply dont drive like a twat everywhere lol
Think mines had 13 owners would of had 11 but sold it and bought it back. Got it on 130k now on 144k and its fine. Got no service history with it when i bought it. as CJ said mine was on a lucas too. Got me to blackpool and scarbourgh 3 times last year and didnt miss a beat.