306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: How do you get around this......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
While Jay is working on his car he has asked me to post this and ask how he is suppose to get around this.

[Image: 20130223_143642_zpse26b9c71.jpg]

[Image: 20130223_143655_zps554234e7.jpg]
get around what?! theres pics but what you trying to do?!?!
apparently people will know Confused

all I can say is he is putting his old DT engine 1.9 TD into a phase one...
im guessing that black plug should go on the blue sensor but doesnt fit Wink
I'm guessing the bottom one that's plugged in is the stop solenoid, and the one that doesn't fit is for the advance solenoid on the front?
Thats the plug for the imobiliser style stop solenoid. Just cut into the red wire on that plug and extend it to the top of the stop solenoid on the new pump.
As far as im aware you dont need any of the pump wiring, just an ignition live to the stop solenoid. Then hide those wires down out the way Smile

Damnit to slow! What Dan said lol, double check its the red if you can, we all know what peugeot are like -.-
(23-02-2013, 03:07 PM)Dan! Wrote: [ -> ]Thats the plug for the imobiliser style stop solenoid. Just cut into the red wire on that plug and extend it to the top of the stop solenoid on the new pump.

Exactly what i was looking for. cheers dan ThumbsUp

Rep'd
Upon reviewing this. The plug apears to just be for the TPS . And nothing to do with stop slonoid. Does the same thing apply? Just lash a live on it and no earth???
What dan said, red wire to stop solenoid and leave the rest.

Dissconnect that cable you have on the bottom plug first as thats not right, then just do the red wire and leave rest unconnected.
I imagine it earths through the body like a glowplug?
Ok cheers for clearing that up darren
(28-02-2013, 04:13 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]I imagine it earths through the body like a glowplug?

Indeed it does, you can connect any ignition live your want, dosnt have to be that red wire, but that red wire is an Ign Live so just makes sence as its right there! Un fused mind!
pppffftt who needs a fues? lol. but again cheers bud, can do away with the cack key pad imobiliser aswell Big Grin

also can i remove the TPS from the top of the pump aswell now then?
Just mensioned it as its very easy to "bodge" the wire into the solenoid and leave it resting on something which rubs thro over time, and results in a very melted engine loom!
Ah right cool good shout i will solder/shrink tube it anyway and i may throw some cable tidy & tues around it for good messure