306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Boost leak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Managed to break the T-piece that connects my boost gauge earlier, reconnected everything and hey presto I no longer have black smoke when I accelerate... Anyone else found that their boost gauge is the cause of a leak?
Errrrm.......... Yeah Confused
Strange :/
I thought maybe a defective gauge, it does take a feed off the system so is leaking pressure but this should be so insignificant it shouldn't affect it I thought.
I have got a boost leak some were, and first place i went was the t piece put a different one in but still the same so my leak must be some were else was boosting 20psi im down to about 12psi now but my mpg's gone up a fair bit Smile lol
I notice mine will hit 20 psi first time i spoolthe turbo then its like it just puffs away down to 15/16. boost guage is my guess too.
Cool story bro
If ur running the top mount cooler try checking the d seal on the inlet manifold there common for going which will cause boost problems
Brand new d seal a few weeks before but was still puffing coal out the back, think it was the t-piece feeding the boost gauge as ive removed that and theres deffo less smoke now...
for my boost gauge leak the cause was having to use an air coupler so i made a cocoon out of epoxy putty and it's been as good as lol