306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Buying veg oil. Were to get it from cheap!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As above really bosch converting my car very soon and want to be buying some veg, BUT were do i get it from cheap i dont have a access to a cash and carry and wont be able to sign up to one as i dont have a business, so were else can i get it from? looked online at tesco but it doesn't seem that cheap to me and really would like it in 20l drums save tipping 1 liter bottles in to the car.

Or dose any one on here have a booker card that they can get a duplicate car for me?

Or were else can i get it from?

Or how can i get in to booker as i hurd they ask for accounts and vat numbers so its not a case of make a fake business up

Oh or sunflower oil? or ra*e seed (but dont no if can use that??? )

Thanks in advance for any info
Tesco do 10l for £10 usually.

I only get it for 94ppl from Makro so not too much difference.
(10-02-2013, 11:39 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]Tesco do 10l for £10 usually.

I only get it for 94ppl from Makro so not too much difference.

Just looked at tesco but its only an offer that says its on till 26/2/2013

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/D...=272515844

carnt say ive ever seen these in tesco tbh and if i orded online would have the delivery charge
It's been on that offer for a long time. Even my local Tesco err...Local has them in stock.

EDIT: I think the 5 litre ones are normally kept with in the speciality/ethnic food aisle, guess it depends who lives near you.
(10-02-2013, 11:47 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]It's been on that offer for a long time. Even my local Tesco err...Local has them in stock.

EDIT: I think the 5 litre ones are normally kept with in the speciality/ethnic food aisle, guess it depends who lives near you.

Oh will have to have a look next time i go past, wanting 20 liter bottles really tho or bigger, but will get these if i carnt get some from any were else
Poundland sell 1l bottles :-)
Tesco is usually about the same price

If you can get into bookers or macro they're usually your best best
Costco, £17.99 for 20l
(10-02-2013, 12:21 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Costco, £17.99 for 20l

Just looked theres a costco 10miles from me in shef, how do i get in there? or can you get me duplicate of your card? lol

EDIT: just looked how to sign up to them and i dont meet any of there criteria Sad need some one to help me get a card in to one of these places
Jj foods sell 20l for under £18 there's a outlet in Doncaster were I go but there's a few around th country check there website for the nearest one to you
(10-02-2013, 12:52 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Jj foods sell 20l for under £18 there's a outlet in Doncaster were I go but there's a few around th country check there website for the nearest one to you

Nearest one to me is doncaster nearly 40 miles one way Sad

Really to get in to costco or booker if not my only other option is tesco the 2 for £10 deal
Bit of a trek then? Don't need a buisness or any thing to join tho, just buy loads to last you a month or so that's what I used to do
(10-02-2013, 01:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a trek then? Don't need a buisness or any thing to join tho, just buy loads to last you a month or so that's what I used to do

what do you do to join? puts me off putting all that weight in back off car tho i fill up once a week so need about 50-60liters a week so 240liters in back of 306 asking for bearings shitting them selfs
I might be getting a Costco card soon Chris so I'd be able to help you out then. But with wont be for a few weeks till it gets sorted.
(10-02-2013, 02:28 PM)MarkTD Wrote: [ -> ]I might be getting a Costco card soon Chris so I'd be able to help you out then. But with wont be for a few weeks till it gets sorted.

ok mate let me no, i would like a booker card tbh as its less than a mile from my house but if not costco is next closest
(10-02-2013, 02:11 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2013, 01:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of a trek then? Don't need a buisness or any thing to join tho, just buy loads to last you a month or so that's what I used to do

what do you do to join? puts me off putting all that weight in back off car tho i fill up once a week so need about 50-60liters a week so 240liters in back of 306 asking for bearings shitting them selfs

240 litres is nothing, only need the back seats unlatched. I used to bring up to 400 litres 100 miles every week, its still within the payload weight of the car
(10-02-2013, 02:37 PM)Harky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2013, 02:11 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]

240 litres is nothing, only need the back seats unlatched. I used to bring up to 400 litres 100 miles every week, its still within the payload weight of the car

how much weight is that? seriously carnt do the beam bearings any good
Shame you're not closer to London, Scott and I both have Costco cards. That'd probably be your best bet- what job do you do? Is there anyone who can sign up for you? You can get a spousal card for free, or an extra card for £12 quid (where the criteria doesn't apply).
(10-02-2013, 02:47 PM)Kimmie Wrote: [ -> ]Shame you're not closer to London, Scott and I both have Costco cards. That'd probably be your best bet- what job do you do? Is there anyone who can sign up for you? You can get a spousal card for free, or an extra card for £12 quid (where the criteria doesn't apply).

Well im a Chinese take away diver but its so hard trying to talk to them you mind asking them if they can get me some veg oil so thats out of the question at the min, my dad has a bookers card but were not exactly on talking terms at the min, found out my nephew's grandmar has a bookers card so hopefuly she will get me a spousal card if not im back to were i started agin. Unless theres some other way of getting in to the cash and carrys dont mind paying a few quid for the card if needs be.
Tesco clay cross have the £10 for 10l offer
(10-02-2013, 02:55 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: [ -> ]Tesco clay cross have the £10 for 10l offer

ok mate thanks if needs be can go up there then
(10-02-2013, 02:45 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2013, 02:11 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you do to join? puts me off putting all that weight in back off car tho i fill up once a week so need about 50-60liters a week so 240liters in back of 306 asking for bearings shitting them selfs

In fairness it probably isnt too good for the bearings, and leaves the car kinda low at the back, sufficiently low to get pulled over lol, but all it will be doing is accelerating a probably thats probably going to occur already!

You say your a chinese take away driver, can you not got used oil from them, or even get them to buy you some from their wholesalers?
(10-02-2013, 03:03 PM)Harky Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-02-2013, 02:37 PM)Harky Wrote: [ -> ]240 litres is nothing, only need the back seats unlatched. I used to bring up to 400 litres 100 miles every week, its still within the payload weight of the car

In fairness it probably isnt too good for the bearings, and leaves the car kinda low at the back, sufficiently low to get pulled over lol, but all it will be doing is accelerating a probably thats probably going to occur already!

You say your a chinese take away driver, can you not got used oil from them, or even get them to buy you some from their wholesalers?

They sell there oil to a company already, as said they hardly understand me as it is so asking them to get me some oil will take some doing lol i have noticed they use rapeseed oil for there cooking tho, is it ok to use that on the bosch?
(10-02-2013, 02:11 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you do to join? puts me off putting all that weight in back off car tho i fill up once a week so need about 50-60liters a week so 240liters in back of 306 asking for bearings shitting them selfs

400 litres is like 3 large adults and a boot of luggage...not that bad. put the seats down to get it as central as poss...thats what I do
Just signed up to the jj foods one online ordering can get ktc 20l at £17.99

https://secure.jjfoodservice.com/product...20L/OIL072

Is that the right stuff??
Yep! Same as I get from Makro.
(10-02-2013, 05:42 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yep! Same as I get from Makro.

sound Smile still gona see if i can get in to booker save the traveling up there each month, just saveing enough money to buy in bulk
Seems like you have sorted jjs that's where I always get it from, put 3 holes the opposite side of the lid you pour it out of, comes out much faster I can empty a drum in the car in under 30 seconds
Dude... You work in a takeaway. Speak to them give them some money and they'll order you a few 20litre drums.
I know takeaway where I was pay £17 for 20 litres.

So ask them, that way it's delivered to you as well Smile.
(10-02-2013, 06:05 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Dude... You work in a takeaway. Speak to them give them some money and they'll order you a few 20litre drums.
I know takeaway where I was pay £17 for 20 litres.

So ask them, that way it's delivered to you as well Smile.

I could do with a Chinese translator to talk to them really, i will try some time but i would rather sort it my self than get them involved. But i will talk to them some time just when i can be arsed to explain my self 5 times for them to say they dont understand lol

(10-02-2013, 06:00 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you have sorted jjs that's where I always get it from, put 3 holes the opposite side of the lid you pour it out of, comes out much faster I can empty a drum in the car in under 30 seconds

Yer waiting for them to activate my account so soon as its activated i will order some and collect i think, what did you use to put it in car could do with some thick pipe so it runs quicker really
(10-02-2013, 06:00 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like you have sorted jjs that's where I always get it from, put 3 holes the opposite side of the lid you pour it out of, comes out much faster I can empty a drum in the car in under 30 seconds

Really? Takes me a couple minutes because it's thick going through the funnel.
Pages: 1 2