the cars i have owned

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the cars i have owned
i thought i would show you the cars i have owned, i have only owned 2 types of cars, rover and pug due to my pay been shit. Sad but they have been great cars and gave me alot of fun in return and i ended up buying an upgraded version.

1st of all turning the clock back to 2003 the very 1st car
my little metro rio 1.1c. bought for 180 needed a few things done, ie a new window screan and a timing belt cover.
she was as basic as you could get Smile only 4 gears and reverse. it could have done with a 5th gear tbh. no rev counter, no fag lighter etc. just a basic rover radio. my mate couldnt beleve it at the time!!! for the price i paid for the car to have a radio in it.
she turned out to be one soild shell and hell of a runner!!
so i decided to spend a few quid on it bodywork wise, couldnt really go to hardcore due to the insurance and been a learner at the time. she took every thing a threw at her as a learner. many near misses with lady gardens cutting me up etc.
heres how she looked when i bought her.
[Image: lastscan.jpg]
then with in a year, new arches and color coded bumpers
[Image: rio2005.jpg]
[Image: rio2006.jpg]
[Image: rio002.jpg]
[Image: rio001.jpg]
then i decided to do the famous spot lights and clear side repeaters.
[Image: Picture005.jpg]
[Image: Picture018.jpg]
then the twin rear fogs
[Image: Picture003.jpg]
one sporty snap
[Image: rio2.jpg]
she had to go sadly, as the insurance companys wanted 1700 quid plus!! that was tpft! plus a Dturbo 306 on the same plate was 200 quid cheeper so she sadly had to go. the dealer said she was the finest little metro he had seen in years! give me 500 quid for her!
anyway moving on
Thanks given by:
onto the dturbo 306, this showed me turbo power! the spool then that kick! i f*cking loved it :twisted: this one i paid 1500 quid for at the time (2005) as it was a low mileage one for its age 79k on the clock.
this never ever failed me at all, except it was a right smoker for some reason. after chatting to a few people. i think it may have been wound up. as it was quick off the mark.
heres how it was when i bought her
[Image: Picture019-1.jpg]
i decided to change the washer jets to the xzara ones.
[Image: DSCF0842.jpg]
changed the lights over to angel eyes
[Image: PICTURE028.jpg]
but then a year later, the bodywork started to fail. the roof turned out to be full of bodge and a hole behind the window screan a size of a golf ball. heater matrix wasnt getting warm.
so before the mot came up, i started looking at the HDi 306. these were practically still new then. Confusedhock:
i had a liking for moonstone 306s and after having a look at auto trader,
this little sweet heart popped up
[Image: newcar.jpg]
so rang the dealer, and me and my dad went down to have look at her.
she was on 58k and everything worked!! hot air i mean hot air!! i dont think owned a car that had hot air going thru the vents!
the car was priced at 4k which was just over full wack at the time. but with the part ex of the phase1, it was down to 3800.
[Image: Picture015.jpg]
[Image: Picture019-2.jpg]
[Image: Picture145.jpg]
shes never let me down at all, been the best car i have owned! and the longest one too. only failure was the fuel pump and crank pulley. which were sorted straight away.
she has a decat, K&N filter 5th alloy and a gti splitter. i have kept her standard performace wise for the min until shes paid for. then we going to have a play
Thanks given by:
the famous metro lol i know you lot love Tongue
during my stint with the 306 the metro bug never left me. they are like minis, so i ended up building that vvc metro i wanted to build when i had my 1st one.
kept it nice and sleeper and gta,
too much to list. Project thread on here anyway, but for the crack heres a few snaps, also its the only J plater one now in sunderland and maybe even the last mk3 metro Sad so its nice to own that last piece of history before they die for good and getting hold of another one is practically impossible now.
sort of resemblence of the 1st one, but wound up :twisted:
[Image: 014-9.jpg]
[Image: 010-17.jpg]
so the HDi and the GTA make a pair of cars to own.

[Image: 004-9.jpg]
also the metro at a 306 meet Confusedhock:
i was asked for the crack
[Image: 004-10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No idea how you can keep a car so long mate, i get bored far to easily think id bring the forum down with pictures of all my cars im only a few behind JJ0063!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
you got 200 for part exchange on a phase 1 in that good condition :O scandalous!
Thanks given by:
sweeney1987 Wrote:you got 200 for part exchange on a phase 1 in that good condition :O scandalous!

the roof was completely shot to shit. my 1st car was a better shell! and thats a rover! shortly after i got shot of it, my mate clocked the car back in sunderland. i saw it a few times too. then the owner at the time decided to shove a shitty body kit on and paint it mg ZR yellow :o looked like a mg ZR reject :cry:
then it disappered. then a work mates mate bought it, he said it had a fare wack spent on it bodywork wise. then one of the lads on 306.net posted up saying that its on piston heads, read the spec it had another lump dropped into at at 96k, so the engine must have been a ticking time bomb when i had it.
then it must have been pasted down thru a few owners as it was last spotted on ebay for 250 quid looking well sorry for it self. the bodywork had practically gave up. i should have scrapped it tbh. i think i got 500 quid part ex if iam remember. i know the HDI was over 4k.
Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:No idea how you can keep a car so long mate, i get bored far to easily think id bring the forum down with pictures of all my cars im only a few behind JJ0063!

danny i had to take loans out for the 306s so i couldnt really get shot of them that easy. plus the 306s went for quite a bit aswell at the time. lads at work had old cheep cars. like the very 1st corsa on a K plate etc. so my car was practically the top dog. i was even asked how the hell could i get insured on it at the time. with it been a 1.9 dturbo, i think that scared a lot of people off as they thought the insurance would be silly. turned out mine was just as cheep as theres if not lower! 1500 fully comp with no claims at 19 years of age on a 1.9 wasnt to be laughed at back then. iam 26 years old now, the hdi is about 500 quid fully comp to insure.
Thanks given by:
I bought my N reg diablo dturbo for £1200 in 2006! Weird to think of them being worth that much now!

My W reg XS would have been about 3.5k back then!
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306's Ive owned, 2 Sedans : 1Estate Sedan Styling 5 1,499 05-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Previous 306s i've owned Gunge 3 1,645 15-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gunge