Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD
Only thing ive found with arch rollers is keep heating the paint or itll crack especially on a car thats been rrepainted good luck mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 09:27 AM)dturbine Wrote: Only thing ive found with arch rollers is keep heating the paint or itll crack especially on a car thats been rrepainted good luck mate Smile

He's only went and bought a heat gun..! Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Clever chappy!
Thanks given by:
Any luck with the rev gauge?
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2013, 09:48 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Any luck with the rev gauge?

It's on list of to-do's! Saw I had a techo sensor from the fly going to a plug ontop of the gearbox but then thats goes off into the loom. Need to whip the cluster out and just have a look at whats what.

Tomorrow perhaps...
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
im pretty interested to know the results of your rev counter issues.

rthe black car is a phase 2 with a dhx engine and the rev counter doesn't work as i think the fly wheel must be different, either going to try changing the flywheel with one off my older engine or thinking of finding out what the sensor type required is (magnet type or hall effect) then matching up an aftermarket gauge to that.

i presume that you been looking into aftermarket gauges yeah? what sort of sensors are available on what you've seen?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2013, 06:50 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: im pretty interested to know the results of your rev counter issues.

rthe black car is a phase 2 with a dhx engine and the rev counter doesn't work as i think the fly wheel must be different, either going to try changing the flywheel with one off my older engine or thinking of finding out what the sensor type required is (magnet type or hall effect) then matching up an aftermarket gauge to that.

i presume that you been looking into aftermarket gauges yeah? what sort of sensors are available on what you've seen?

Theres a bloke on the forum who's wired an after-market one up to his W terminal. Unfortunately his alternator looks different to mine and I don't really fancy ripping mine apart!

OEM counter ftw..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Im sure there must be a way of adapting an aftermarket gauge to run off the standard flywheel sensor instead of resorting to running one off the alternator?

Il figure it out when it comes to it, always fancied a stack rev counter sat on the dash
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2013, 11:51 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Im sure there must be a way of adapting an aftermarket gauge to run off the standard flywheel sensor instead of resorting to running one off the alternator?

Il figure it out when it comes to it, always fancied a stack rev counter sat on the dash

Well the sensors from the fly has two wires on it, as does the W terminal have two pins..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
That was me. Long weekend silver zx do gunna retime my engine and pull the alternattor off aswell (now running same as you) to figure it out as ive got a huge tacho stuck to my dash doing nothing. Annnnnd no it isnt possible to run an aftermarket tacho off the standard wires. The whole reason it works off the w terminal is it picks up unregulated voltage and signal and works from the pulses or something I rather forget but it needs that kind of pickup not a regulated signal such as the standard sensor
Thanks given by:
Dig out your W-terminal and connect it to that then? Just need to strip the alternator down and find it..
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2013, 07:48 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Dig out your W-terminal and connect it to that then? Just need to strip the alternator down and find it..

I intend to just with
how my oil filters mounted I need the alternator off to remove the rear casing on it ill post you a pic so you can get yours sorted twhen im done zx. Even got a spare tacho now...
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2013, 08:49 PM)dturbine Wrote:
(21-05-2013, 07:48 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Dig out your W-terminal and connect it to that then? Just need to strip the alternator down and find it..

I intend to just with
how my oil filters mounted I need the alternator off to remove the rear casing on it ill post you a pic so you can get yours sorted twhen im done zx. Even got a spare tacho now...

Nice one! Will be very useful to know!!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Cars off the road now, want to do a few bits to it whilst its off the road.

Probably something along lines of:

- Coilovers up front (Darren)
- 11mm Bosch (Darren)
- Lower rear beam (cheap option) or replace for 309 / 205 GTI beam
- Fit / adapt 306 FMIC kit to fit
- Take TD04 off and get wastegate / EGT probe fitted
- Fit water temp, oil & pressure gauges
- Under-seal arches (lazy) / underneath (pro)
- Identify rust (strip car completely if needed)
- Fix leaky sun-roof (is this even possible)- HDi rods
- HDi gearbox
- STDT loom + clock cluster (for the rev counter)

That's about it really. Don't see why it wouldn't pull 170+ BHP on this setup and should have some handling to match.

Believe it or not I've never had a lowered beam on any of my pug's since I started driving them 5 years ago!

I've always had some power and stopping ability with no handling to match!

That's all for now.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Is this beast for sale
Thanks given by:
Offer me a couple of grand and it might be.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
couple grand!? :O

did you ever get a bosch fitted to this; or just ran lucas with TD04?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
he just fagged out and started driving a womans post finding heap o jap crap Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(17-09-2013, 05:01 PM)ginge191 Wrote: couple grand!? :O

did you ever get a bosch fitted to this; or just ran lucas with TD04?

Haha, don't see the point in selling it unless its an offer I can't refuse, it's not like its going to depreciate any more and it means I'll alwaus have an XUD in one of the coolest shells possible.

The bosch isn't fitted yet, Darrens got one ready and waiting for me its just finding a way of getting it down without tax/insurance! I'll probably just end up asking Ruan really nicely to grab it for me and then fit it myself and again ask Ruan very nicely to time it up for me. Tongue *hint hint Ruan* Heart

(17-09-2013, 07:36 PM)puglove Wrote: he just fagged out and started driving a womans post finding heap o jap crap Tongue

This! Which has caused me nothing but grief and has been off the road more then on the road since taxing/insuring it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
205 fwend! Liking your plans Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Very nice, love 205's with 1.9XUd's, proper sleepers !
Thanks given by:
Sort it out then trent the tent. Ring the scrap man get that jap scrap picked up and get that 205 insured with some wide arxhes & lows for good messure

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(18-09-2013, 02:00 PM)Tom Wrote: 205 fwend! Liking your plans Wink

Heh, thanks dude!

(18-09-2013, 02:29 PM)thefastest1 Wrote: Very nice, love 205's with 1.9XUd's, proper sleepers !

Cheers! It's sly! Have had a few people ask me whats in it after being in it / me going past and I feel embarrassed knowing it's only a lil Lucas!

(18-09-2013, 02:51 PM)puglove Wrote: Sort it out then trent the tent. Ring the scrap man get that jap scrap picked up and get that 205 insured with some wide arxhes & lows for good messure

Hehe, to be fair mate I might end up working in Bristol so won't be able to afford to run the Datsun 60 miles everyday! Either way I need to start fixing it up now so its ready for the road. MOT until December but can't see much failing it.

First things first the washer jet motor is currently broken, need one if anyone has one (or might buy an aftermarket "bag" like the Datsun).

Also my speedo cable is broken, so need one of those.

And my STDT clocks need wiring in / adapting so I can use the standard rev counter!

Anyone? Heart
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
You can get washer motors in halfords or ebay :p

Dont know whats on with your clocks, my rev counter has 3 pins and the wire has 2 so i had to swap it around abit until i got the right pins, and the speedo was just a cable with a rubbery type pin holding it in :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 11:36 AM)Tom Wrote: You can get washer motors in halfords or ebay :p

Dont know whats on with your clocks, my rev counter has 3 pins and the wire has 2 so i had to swap it around abit until i got the right pins, and the speedo was just a cable with a rubbery type pin holding it in :/

Yeah, eBay jobbie I think!

My car has a speedo and clock as standard, I've bought a STDT cluster with rev counter and speedo instead but the loom/plugs are all different so it isn't a plug and play job.

Also my speedo cable is broken at the end where it's supposed to plug into the cluster. You can hear it spinning/ticking away as you increase in speed so need a new one. My local motor factors don't stock them. Peugeot or eBay job.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you have it under control, let me know if i can get you any pics of anything if it might help Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 02:39 PM)Tom Wrote: Sounds like you have it under control, let me know if i can get you any pics of anything if it might help Smile

You using a STDT cluster?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
What does that look like? I have revs speed temp and fuel...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 03:41 PM)Tom Wrote: What does that look like? I have revs speed temp and fuel...

You cheated, yours had it in the first place. Angel
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
O rly?! Go me! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: