darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
this is darren. he is never going to settle with what power he is making, always going to want more.
so the leds are going to have to go straight in a visible final position.

and yeh the ginger streak of p**s (ruan) has moved up country now. went up just after new year.
Thanks given by:
Is it a 307 head?
Thanks given by:
Looks good will be watching the thread.
Thanks given by:
Daniel306 Wrote:Is it a 307 head?
If I'm not mistaken the 2.0 16v hdi in the 307 is a ford/Volvo engine and not a de block so I'm guessing not but might be wrong on that!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Daniel306 Wrote:Is it a 307 head?
If I'm not mistaken the 2.0 16v hdi in the 307 is a ford/Volvo engine and not a de block so I'm guessing not but might be wrong on that!

Heh, the 2.0 16v hdi in the volvo / fords is acaully a peugeot DW motor Smile

Its virtually what this head is, but its acaully from a C5, they made two variants of the motor, dependant on management, the bosch management had the norm pump as in pugs / ally manifold, and the siements had the HP pump strapped to the side of the camshaft where the vac pump belongs, which for an mtdi project is just in the way / the manifold is made of plastic....

But yeah, pretty much the same head!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
For an update, as boring as it is....

Ive taken the block down to redruth this week to be honed out / balanced etc, so really just waiting for them to sort that out, then I can start doing something...starting to get pretty bord so need something to tinker with!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Heh, the 2.0 16v hdi in the volvo / fords is acaully a peugeot DW motor Smile

Its virtually what this head is, but its acaully from a C5, they made two variants of the motor, dependant on management, the bosch management had the norm pump as in pugs / ally manifold, and the siements had the HP pump strapped to the side of the camshaft where the vac pump belongs, which for an mtdi project is just in the way / the manifold is made of plastic....

But yeah, pretty much the same head!

Is it really....... Confusedhock: I always thought that in the 307 the 90 and 110 models were based on a DW10 and had a 5 speed box while the 136 hdi had a ford/volvo developed engine with a 6 speed box that was totally different to the DW, so does this then mean that if I can find one the 6 speed box will fit the mrs's 110 block??..................

On the other hand, its about time there was some progress, plus you must be so bored of the stock lump by now lol at this rate though you should be back in business for FCS Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Could you imagine the reactions of people who saw this last year when they see a second turbo has been added? They'll be expecting an extra charger every year after lol
Thanks given by:
No, they'll just remember to not get in the way of the exhaust if it goes on the dyno.. lol
Thanks given by:
so the 8 valve and 16 valve blocks are identical?
How come noone has been fittinh the 6 speed boxes off them? thought they wouldnt fit? :S
Thanks given by:
They're hydrolic clutches IIRC
Thanks given by:
^^^ This. It's not that they don't fit, more that it's such a ballache of a job converting everything to work properly.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
sweeney1987 Wrote:so the 8 valve and 16 valve blocks are identical?
How come noone has been fittinh the 6 speed boxes off them? thought they wouldnt fit? :S

Its cos of the hydraulic clutch and cable shift being a all ache mate, it would bolt up. Also you need a Gti6 steering rack for clearance and thus fail on mini roundabouts
Thanks given by:
how does your LDA light work? and whats the point in it?
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
Its not meant to be an LDA light....thats not the point of it lol...

The LDA on my car used to be electronically controlled by a pressure switch, to stop some of the premovement, as running that much boost meant it started creeping in 200+hp of fuel wayyy to soon....the light was simply a diagnostic thing I would use and switch between outputs to make sure they were activating etc...Just an easy way to see if its working / when while driving basically....
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Small update, still have no engine block to work with at the moment, so figured id spent this afternoon fitting up the new gauges so at least that's done before hand, look much better / oem in real life, and will be 100 times more accurate, so i'm pretty pleased with that....Also got fed up with cutting my hands / fiddling with my wiring nightmare behind the dash, so re designed the dash top box to be a wiring hub where everything is connection, or will be anyway, just cut the box apart and re mounted the hinges...

[Image: IMAG0198.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0200.jpg]

Yes, a 9 inch grinder is clearly required here...

[Image: IMAG0202.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0203.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0205.jpg]

And a reminder of the fact that this heap at the moment is my daily driver...

[Image: IMAG0195.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0197.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Needs a clean there metWink Whats up with all the electrics with the dials?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Stepper motors i think? For a more smooth gauge action!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Spoke to machinists today, theres a chance they might have it ready tomorrow, so ill hopefully find some time next week to go and collect it! Hope so as I want to build something, time is going on!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Spoke to machinists today, theres a chance they might have it ready tomorrow, so ill hopefully find some time next week to go and collect it! Hope so as I want to build something, time is going on!
Awesome news! Should be pretty epic :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Good man! Can't wait for this to get going!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Whats the electronic valve controller thingamy?
Thanks given by:
Boost controller...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Well finally a long due update...

After some serious frustration (as normal) with my local machine shop, I finally have a bottom end back in my workshop...Its been delay after delay with the most rediculas excuses, but its here now, so I guess ill have to get over it lol!

Have had the engine shop assemble the block / crank / rods / pistons purely because for what they charge to do it, its not worth doing it yourself when your having work done anyway, and that way everything is torqued perfectly, and saves me a load of hassle...which is nice!

So basically have a bare bottom end back, which has been cleaned, honed out, skimmed the deck, everything balanced, and then rebuild with new rings / bearings / seals....the same as when I rebuilt the XUD's basically...

Have just bolted the oil pump back on this evening before I loose the bolts, and now need to find the pot of engine paint (because im to tight to buy some more) that I used last time so I can get it painted up ready to start building the motor up.

Not much to see really, but some pictures of uber clean block etc:

[Image: IMAG0234.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0233.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0232.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0231.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0230.jpg]

Victor R gaskets all round as normal!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
very clean!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome mate! Wont be like that for long though im guessing!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lush mate, you not having the pistons machined down to drop the comp on this one?

As for engine paint hammerite is fine and a small pot will do a good few coats on a block.
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:Lush mate, you not having the pistons machined down to drop the comp on this one?

As for engine paint hammerite is fine and a small pot will do a good few coats on a block.

Remember what rods are in this motor Wink I only took material off the first one, the rods drop the compression since ive been forged....

And yeah, ill have to get some paint, everythings going wrong this week, so a bit scared to start on this incase somethings goes tits up now!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Looks good Darren keep up the good work!

Are you sticking with the ve pump?
Thanks given by:
Done some work on this today around looking at a 106 NAD (Ed Doe, Need to ask you something to look at on yours if you dont mind Wink )..

Got the block painted, not the best of jobs, but as I found out on the last motor, by the time you add in blowers / pumps etc, you cant see it anyway, so didnt see much point going overkill with it.

On a sidenote, does anyone have techy data for these motors (torque settings) as there's a few bits on the head I wouldn't mind knowing the correct setting for..

Anyway, paint,

[Image: IMAG0241.jpg]

Clean up head studs, and dig out torque lube from back of bench (found it in no time somehow!)

[Image: IMAG0243.jpg]

Studs in

[Image: IMAG0245.jpg]

Gasket time

[Image: IMAG0247.jpg]

The moment of truth.... Smile

[Image: IMAG0248.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0250.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0251.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0252.jpg]

Cams in

[Image: IMAG0253.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0254.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0255.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0256.jpg]

So head almost done, just need to sort rocker cover out, but there has been a slight technicality involving the farm pressure washer and the plastic, nothing that wont be sorted tomorrow, but not quite there today Wink

Thanks for reading Smile
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 12,892 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,456 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 187,555 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009