XUD powered kit car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD powered kit car
ive got a 2.1 sitting here. but it please. for many reasons but mainly because i need the money.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2016, 06:12 PM)Xud Missile Wrote:
(15-06-2016, 05:02 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote: Any updates on this awesome project ?

Sadly not. The 'good running' engine was not so good. So i need another

Get another one in in and going, Watched the videos on youtube I'd love to see more
Thanks given by:
Yes have to weigh up the options, source another block for cheaper, or set about repairing current HG, that could also need a skim....

Needs to be done though!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah will decide what to do soon. Just got back from a roadtrip. Sold my Bedford TK and offered delivery in the advert. Chap phoned and offered a good price. "Can you deliver?"..."Where abouts are you?"..."Penzance"..."lol k np"

45mph roadtrip ftw! Loud, slow, thirsty, wet but comfy. Never missed a beat the whole trip, can't beat a 330 derv (except on power, that's easy to beat)

[Image: kk_1.jpg]

Sitting with the big boyz:

[Image: h001.jpg]

Went to view a car in Redruth to drive home but wasn't to be, few too many niggles, otherwise would worked out well. Flew back via Newquay instead. So I've some more cash now for kit car!
Thanks given by:
haha hero travelling all that way in that beast!
Thanks given by: Xud Missile
That TK is nice.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by: Xud Missile
Drove right past my place!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha bummer, should have popped in for a quick tune up, i was sitting on the gov most of the trip, needed more revs! Big Grin i bought the TK nearly ten years ago in Redruth so it's nice that it's back home. I love cornwall. Except the high hedged single lanes, you can keep them haha
Thanks given by:
I can't believe how many years it's been since this was on the road. Life has got in the way quite a lot! 

So I still have the kit car and I wanted an XUD-based donor so I could slot do a straight swap to get it back on the road. So I bought a ZX estate. Then as soon as I bought that I saw a 306 on ebay with no MOT but low mileage and a well looked after engine. So I bought that too, then felt bad about breaking a ZX so I sold that. The 306 belonged to a genuine French man. The 306 is French too, so that automatically means it'll be well looked after. That's obviously a made up theory, but in this case it was true. An XUD that's completely dry down the sides, not even a drop of oil that's become caked with dust and mud over the years. It sounds like a well-oiled sewing machine. And I don't mean a cheap Argos sewing machine, I mean an industrial British-made 1930's sewing machine. The interior smells wrong, though. Otherwise everything is in order, anyone need any parts? ^_^

[Image: taw01.jpg]
First off I need to repair my engine crane. I had to clear a garden of shrubs and small trees a few months back. After digging for hours, I had the idea of using the engine crane to pull up the shrubs. It worked beautifully....until the last shrub where I forgot to put a long plank of wood underneath the crane legs to spread the load. One leg of the crane sank down deep into the earth and it bent badly! As soon as that's done i'll start swapping it over, even if it means getting it back on the road with a bog standard turbo and Lucas pump. I've got plans for a Scotland road trip in August. If this isn't ready I'll buy something like a Reliant Rialto, I'll see what happens.
Thanks given by:
I would love to see more progress on this project.
Please continue posting updates.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
wow, this is amazing Smile
Thanks given by:
As mentioned. Excellent news this is continuing. Top project for me.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks chaps!

[Image: Screenshot_2017-04-28-15-30-13.png]

Crane fixed yesterday after work. Then i took the engine and gearbox out and took off the flywheel and clutch. This weekend I'm aiming to get the donor engine out, and I'll pay a visit to the scrapyard
Thanks given by:
Progress from yesterday evening and this morning. Engine being taken out the 306:

[Image: res02.jpg]

Out

[Image: res06.jpg]

Mated up to gearbox and fitted to the MK. I'll keep the intercooler as a top mount for now to get it on the road. I can have a scoop on the bonnet to help. 

[Image: res09.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Like.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha this looks so strange with a completely stock motor in it now !!
Thanks given by:
So stock its even got EGR XD actually looks pretty badass in person. The plan is to get it on the road like this and then build up a beast engine later this year.
Thanks given by:
After a few evenings I've got it running under it's own power again. There's air getting in the fuel and the clutch needs more bleeding, but feels good to be getting there

[Image: 20170509_204955.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice one, love this project Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ben whats this thing weigh? I don't think it gets the appreciation towards how good the power/weight ratio is for even a stock XUD.

Looking at this at 550kg etc, with just a bog stock engine, is still 163bhp/ton, where as a gti6 is close to 143bhp/ton.

Lets crank the VE a little here, and imagine this is pumping a steady 170hp, 6K hard cut plunger getting hot ... that is over 300hp/ton....
Thanks given by:
640kg according to the weigh bridge. She's a bit on he heavy side for a se7en, although there are similar kit cars with a petrol engine that are the best part of another 100kg heavier. Realistically I could get it the 500s with a change of wheels, seats, brakes and battery. Also the pilot gearbox is very heavy so adapting something different to fit could save a huge amount. But yes, at stock power it's great fun Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
I thought the vane pump was siezed. Confirmed, see photo for details:

[Image: 20170519_185645.jpg]

I took the top off another bosch pump and it was very clean inside and full of diesel. I got that swapped over. All I've done so far is a gov mod. Engine fired up so quickly and it goes properly again. 

[Image: Screenshot_2017-05-24-08-12-26.png]

[Image: Screenshot_2017-05-24-08-13-03.png]

Great success! Now to tackle the 'to do' list
Thanks given by:
Just watched the video. Was very informative.

Would watch again. 10/10

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
As I'm keeping the top mount intercooler, I needed a scoop to divert air over it.

This is scoop.

I noticed the wings on the 306 donor had some nice curves so I started chopping them up.
[Image: a.jpg]

[Image: b.jpg]

Trimmed down:
[Image: c_1.jpg]

Both wings cut and mocked up
[Image: d.jpg]
Prepping for new metal to be added
[Image: e.jpg]
[Image: f.jpg]

Engine/intercooler covered so I can squirt in expanding foam. This was so I could divert air just across the intercooler, otherwise it'd take the easiest path (straight out the back)

[Image: h.jpg]

Part of a bird cage I found in a skip
[Image: j.jpg]
Trimmed and put in place. The back trim around the front of the scoop is half of a window rubber trim from the 306
[Image: k.jpg]

[Image: l.jpg]

It's rough and ready, but getting it back on the road is priority. Next up is nose cone and bonnet.

[Image: m.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nice work on the scoop! Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Nice work indeed, maximum re-use Smile.

Also good taste in music I see.
Thanks given by:
I picked up a second hand nose cone and fitted it

[Image: 20170624_210341.jpg]

I then used some aluminium off a caravan
[Image: bonn01.jpg]

To form into 2 sections of bonnet
[Image: bon10.jpg]

[Image: 20170704_184740.jpg]

[Image: 20170704_210055.jpg]

[Image: 20170704_210018.jpg]

MOT next week if all goes well this weekend
Thanks given by:
Cool as f*ck.

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Now that looks AWESOME!
Thanks given by: