So much for low mileage...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for low mileage...
Aw well!

Bought my HDi last week because it had particularly low mileage (compared to the rest of the market) at just 88k.

Looking through the service documents today just to put everything in date order etc. and found the service book. Inside the first two pages I finds this...

[Image: 6003046a.jpg]

Can't tell whether or not you can read that.

Basically says this -

"Speedo Replaced at

12,897 Miles"

And then someone has badly tried to cover it.

Thing is though, the car would've still been under warranty. Wouldn't Peugeot have fitted the clocks and put the right mileage on them?

I guess we'll never know!

I have all the old MOTs but obviously it wasn't put through an MOT at such a young age!

Trolololol
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Meh only another 12k, bit annoying but not to drastic, if it was replaced at 50k then I would be having a paddy :p
Thanks given by:
If it was done under warranty the pug would've set them back to what they were surely? Wonder if there's any way of plugging it into PP2000 and finding out?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Peugeot should have records of something like that?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
No idea, and I guess we'll probably never know?

But my assumption that if they were replaced under warranty is that they would have put the right mileage on them using Peugeot Planet or similar software?

I'm not really worried, since a 100,000 mile car is hardly going to be much worse than a 90,000 mile one and the cambelt was done at 53k (or 65k, or somewhere in-between haha!)

Just thought it was odd that someone had tried to hide it!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Pp can't reprogram mileages. (I'd be rich by now if it could!) but I would expect pug to change the mileage if it was under warranty.
Best bet is to phone the supplying dealer (one in the front of the service book). They will have records.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: