Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft
yeah, standard replacement bushes are pretty wank to be fair, they only seem to last a few months.. if not sean you could look at getting some powerflex bushes, they're lifetime guaranteed too
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
its a 30 second job to get P bushes off and on. just use a angle grinder Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
http://www.spirit9.com/qsp-suede-steerin...s00z3.html

70MM DISH OR NOT?!
Thanks given by:
Depends whether you want to keep your hand on the wheel when you go for the stalks or not.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Won a boss on ebay for 18.50 posted, just gotta buy my wheel, not gonna get dished, flat will be fine.

cant wait to get back to england so i can start cracking on with this again!!

will the turbo run okay with a stage 1 map? Thinking of getting a few quid together and getting it done before xmas, only thing is, im going down to cornwall so will need it to be reliable...
Thanks given by:
It'll be fine mate, just keep the boost fairly low..
Thanks given by:
I've got the mbc, so I can just keep it around 14 carnt i
Thanks given by:
Yeah true mate, that should be fine.. are you putting the cooler on at the same time as the turbo or not?
Thanks given by:
yeah. and the clutch
Thanks given by:
Ahh right yeah that'll be fine mate, you can crank the boost up a bit if the coolers going on as well, it'll burn 100% completely clean at 16psi i expect
Thanks given by:
well, i can just playwith it till it stops smoking i supose, or just a little bit of smoke...

Just dont want to comprimise on effeicieny/reliability too much without the s2 map
Thanks given by:
it'll be fine mate honestly! just crank it up till it stops smoking, expect it'll probably be around 135bhp at a guess
Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 11:43 AM)sean-306 Wrote: well, i can just playwith it till it stops smoking i supose, or just a little bit of smoke...

Just dont want to comprimise on effeicieny/reliability too much without the s2 map

Efficiency will go through the roof! If you drive it sensibly it should be even better on fuel! The beauty of tuning diesels.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Im gonna RR it before i go to krisb's and after then after its been mapped. see what the gains are at each stage. wish i rr'd it before i went s1 tbh!
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2012, 09:16 AM)sean-306 Wrote: Will be getting all this sorted in the run up to xmas, so pictures soon. Have pm'd krisb about getting my turbo and clutch fitted in january. The turbo is Dums old ko3/ko3s hybrid.

Dum, did you and kris have any problems installing it, do i need anything extra to go with it, still got oil feeds and the screamer pipe. Also dum, did you have to vent your battery as ive heard its required if your re-routing it to boot... Did the thick gauge wire run under the car or through the car?

Awesome turbo mate, good enough for every HDi fanboy to copy it for years and certain HDi gurus to copy me and then claim that it was their idea

Theres no issues installing it, its a straight fit.
You could probably slide the battery forward a little and lift the ECU and it would fit if you dont want to relocate the battery. You should get a sealed battery or vent it if its going in the car and yes run the cable inside as you dont want to catch it on some debris underneath and split it then it short out and the battery explode. Oh and youll need proper battery cable, not amp cable.

(22-11-2012, 05:43 PM)sean-306 Wrote: will the turbo run okay with a stage 1 map? Thinking of getting a few quid together and getting it done before xmas, only thing is, im going down to cornwall so will need it to be reliable...
It will be OK but it will boost like f*ck, the spring thats in the wastegate is 24psi IIRC so you wont be able to set it any lower than that. Ive forgotten what the other spring is (if its still with it) but you can get new springs from demon motorsport in pretty much any boost level you want.

The 206HDi cam is the right one.
A lightened fly wheel lets the engine spin up faster but makes it easier to stall the car, reduces engine braking and possibly motorway fuel economy too.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the reply dum. I'll probably try to slide it first and if i cant get enough clearance ill re route it. Toying with making a mount under the boot floor, as i dont want the battery in my boot! Will take up too much room!

I wont bother with a fly wheel then as i do alot of motorway miles, but cam sounds good!

24 psi minimum! Epic boost lol! What did you run it at? Who mapped it for you? how did it shift?

Thanks again
Thanks given by:
I only ever ran it on a stage2 with a 1800bar rail sensor but i reckon it added AT LEAST 15bhp on the 165 i had before fitting it if not more. It hauled so much arse on boost.
Thanks given by:
So ive been thinking about a 3" exhaust system, getting the pipework of ebay and 3 45degree bends and getting it welded up.

Hypothetically, how would it bolt to the turbo, the turbo exhaust will be standard, but the new pipe would be 3 inches, would it simply be a case of having a reducer? As id have to cut the flange of the original downpipe and weld it on to the new section...

Ive had a look thru dums thread (where the idea came from!) but i couldnt find anything referring to this...

Dum, your thread is both motivating and depressing!!
Thanks given by:
Cut the standard flange off and weld the 3" to that.

I find my thread the same when I look through it. Motivating and depressing.
Thanks given by:
Lol! If my bank manager ever met you!!
Thanks given by:
Look what turned up in todays post!

[Image: sobdsl.jpg]

Very happy with it... but need opinions, Gave it a quick carbon wrap... will tidy it up if its staying...

but, here it is...

[Image: 2lnala9.jpg]

Sorry pictures are shite... Will get another one.

Going up to see scott tonight ninja

And i'm almost booked in with krisB this side of 2012! Will be popping into lynx on the way to kris' too.

Exciting times ahead... ive only had all the parts since august time! Feels like a lifetime.

Big thanks to Matt for sorting me out with rich @ Lynx too!
Thanks given by:
I cant see the pics.. Working for anyone else?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
working for me...
Thanks given by:
Should work now... He says!
Thanks given by:
Well, this evening I fitted the wheel and the top engine mount and the exhaust is still banging! Grrr!! X
Thanks given by:
Exhausts are gay. Steering wheel looks nice though! (yes pics are working) Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Were abouts in basingstoke are you your only up the road from me chap
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Odiham mate
Thanks given by:
Today i fitted angel eyes! Look good, need to get more yellow side light bulbs for the three that run vertical.

Im going for a Diabloe, with yellow hints(badges/calipers/steering wheel/OC stickers/anything else?) and i need a colour for the wheels! Im thinking grey/anthracite... dont want black as i hate black wheels!

Pictures are long overdue on this bit will sort it out!
Thanks given by:
[Image: img20121207143607.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate Eeyore 390 173,084 14-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 37,104 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6 Ed Doe 807 356,220 27-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle