205 - born again (still running)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 - born again (still running)
So i got a 205 Style with a slooowwww ass flat diesel.

The main plan for this is to put in an XUD from my 405 Dturbo in
give it a good tune up and hopefully qualify for sleeper status.

Lot's of other bits to do as well like new wheels and lowering.

Long term?
once i get bored of the power ima get some (HDI) rods, arps and all that jazz.
I plan on keeping this for a while...

Seems to be in good condition for a 25 year old

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks tidy
Feel free to ask for advice if doing a swap for a dt
Thanks given by:
keep the 405!
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Yeah keep the 405! Getting rare and look really good!
Thanks given by:
Trust me his 405 is dead had a side on on the front end. Ill be the one doing the coversion with him.

Good to see youve got a thread up dude hopefully thisll all be done for a few shows this year Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty tidy, plans sound good too.. If you need parts give me a shout, got lots of 205 bits.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the 405 is dead...
After that hag hit me, I took it through an automatic car wash and my friend in the passenger seat got very wet... Who new those things used ice cold water

I had some speakers lying about so put them in
Who knew Ford Orions and 205s have something in common, a perfect match

[Image: 7afeffc13668e3bc451c1aa12419f881.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Yeh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

(20-02-2017, 07:08 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Feel free to ask for advice if doing a swap for a dt

Ditto to this.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2017, 06:47 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Yeh boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

(20-02-2017, 07:08 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Feel free to ask for advice if doing a swap for a dt

Ditto to this.

Thanks im sure there will be many to come...
Thanks given by:
Well worth all the effort. Your 205 will be a giant slayer with a bit of tweaking.
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2017, 08:18 PM)399road Wrote: Well worth all the effort. Your 205 will be a giant slayer with a bit of tweaking.

I cannot wait [emoji4]

Thanks given by:
Update:

So I've now got a working cigarette lighter Smile although i cannot close the ash tray cos its too long  Undecided

Replaced a leaky coolant pipe, new indicator lense, wipers and other random little bits.

Rebuilt the heater blower motor - removed a shit load of dirt inc a wasp. the spindle has eaten into about a 1/3 of the bearing though so its not ideal, going to look into replacing the bearing as i dont think you can get the motors anymore, any ideas?

went to see Bash the other night and got a new cambelt slapped on the engine im pulling out and scrapping but better than breaking down.
werk it

also made a start on disconnecting everything near the engine on the 405 ready for removal. If anyone needs anything give me a shout.

New speakers are great but lacking some bass so i put in the Harvester of Sorrow. This may not help my rust and rattle problems however..

...can you rotate this stuff somehow?
Thanks given by:
So i now have a new driveshaft, routing through Tom's expansive bolt collection for a replacement bolt was the most time-consuming part of this job.

[Image: 17202726_775138509303435_297676933973881...e=596F259A]

wasn't even in this pile....
Thanks given by:
Of course it wasn't. :-)
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
So i got the engine out the 405 at the weekend, i think this went well considering i have no idea what im doing. 
i only broke one (important) thing...i think

found this pikey fix while browsing tools at the farm and thought it was worth a picture 

I dont haev an engine crane but there is a forklift at the farm

generic engine on a pallet pic Blush

Thanks given by:
Cant wait to get this in and running. Will be a right laugh.

On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
So I've been daily-ing this for a while, there have been problems along the way as is to be expected with a 25yr old frenchie. 

On the first long drive my gearbox was making some funky noises, turns out it had 1/8th of the oil its meant to so topped that up and its been fine ever since! 
Got my key stuck in the lock so had to replace that too
done some other not very interesting stuff as well

AANNDD bash and me are going to be putting the new lump in later this month so sooooooon i will have booooooost yay
Thanks given by:
Wait till you get the boosted lump in these, they are certainly little pocket rockets then.
Thanks given by:
any tips for the driveshafts and the hdi box? was gonna use the 205 diff. Is this still the general consensus or do people just out right use the boxs as are now
Thanks given by:
You can dick around with drive shafts inner and outers or swap the diff (retaining HDI crown wheel!) and keep it simple for the future and just use 205 shafts.

Depending on your wheel and tyre choice you want make sure you are using the correct speedo drive cogs too.
Thanks given by:
Yeah ill just swap the diff out cant be that hard to do really.

Thanks given by:
I've kept the entire 205 drivetrain for mine... for now at least. Makes things a lot easier in the short term.

good to see progress with this!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
@Bashbarnard find my 205 thread shows about swapping the diff over so you can use a 306 box

Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't advise using the 205 gear set, the 1.8 205 box is like a long n/a petrol box, its only just longer geared than a 1.9GTI so a 1.9DT runs out of revs quite quickly.
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2017, 07:44 PM)allye Wrote: I wouldn't advise using the 205 gear set, the 1.8 205 box is like a long n/a petrol box, its only just longer geared than a 1.9GTI so a 1.9DT runs out of revs quite quickly.

We will be using the hdi box which was in the 405. Although I was originally wanting to use the 205 gearbox for maaad acceleration

Thanks given by:
On mine im using the 306 xud gearbox with the requires bits swapped over like clutch fork, reverse switch and speedo drive. For the drive shafts i needed some new ones anyway as they where knocking so bought some new ones of ebay and fitted them, the driver side one fitted fine and on the passenger side i just swapper the inner cupp off a 306 onto it. Fits fine and seems to have the the job ok. Finally for the clutch cable i bought a new one as they aren't very expensive anyway and had to use up bits off of a 306 clutch cable and then put a spacer on the end and that seems to be doing the job.

Any issue or want any pics just give me a shout. It may not be the way other people have done it but its all worked fine for me Smile
Thanks given by:
So the engine out of the 405 arrived with myself today so got to work stripping all the crap off i didnt need. Pulled the cambelt off that was new when it was in the 405 when i done the pump rebuild. The water pump got done and a bolt snapped off in the block which thank fully i managed to get out. I can tell joes getting excited about this now as its this weekend the engine goes in. Hopefully i can build something worthwhile for him on his tight budget. Ive got some pictures from tonight here. [Image: b6901b369a57a2f30d792e0de58ff72d.jpg][Image: 4a66b037569ad51b91d2ae4b58587f1d.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I told you I'd give your jack extension back one day 

Yeah I'm getting pretty excited Big Grin
Thanks given by:
[Image: 110b59a6cf1f933268439813218c02ad.jpg]

So went to crack on this evening gave the water pump a quick spin as it was feeling rough. Turns out its hitting the inside of the block!! Fricken cheap pump grrrrrrr. Ill have to go out and get another tomorrow during lunch break i reckon!!!
Thanks given by:
Excuse me for asking Doseph but could you spare me the chrome L shaped strips at both top corners of the windscreen chrome trim on the 405?
Thanks given by: