Saxo 1.5 nad pump advance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saxo 1.5 nad pump advance
Hi guys need some help on advancing my saxo nad bosch pump, it's the pump were it's adjustable on the pulley, what I'm wanting to know is do I turn the main shaft clockwise or anti clockwise to advance it? 

Trying to attach a picture don't know if it'll work or not tho.

Thanks given by:
Can you not move the pump on the mounting bolts like on a 1.9?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No pump is bolted soild, this is what's confusing me on what way to turn the main shaft, as I know you push the pump forward on a 306. So what my thinking as you can't move the pump forward you'd pull the main shaft clockwise to advance it?

Thanks given by:
"what my thinking as you can't move the pump forward you'd pull the main shaft clockwise to advance it?"

your thinking eh Chris? Tongue
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2017, 04:01 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: "what my thinking as you can't move the pump forward you'd pull the main shaft clockwise to advance it?"

your thinking eh Chris? Tongue

LOL LOL! I was waiting for you to comment, turns out after lots of head scratching I'd turned it clockwise not anti clockwise like I thought lol

Thanks given by:
So are we any the wiser then? Lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2017, 06:02 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: So are we any the wiser then? Lol

No unfortunately unless I need to advance more (if I'm going the right way) took an age to start again. I'm soon gonna have to admit defeat and stick abit of diesel or petrol in to help, once it's started it's fine starts instantly but after sitting over night that's it 30 seconds to 1 min of turning over and several glow plug cycles to get it to fire. There's no air in fuel and new glow plugs so apart from playing with pump I'm back to mixing.

Just a shame as bx has manged on 100% for past 2 months starting first time every time. So I'd like this to be the same

Thanks given by:
most of these are lucas pumps, bosch are quite rare on them
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2017, 09:50 PM)welshpug Wrote: most of these are lucas pumps, bosch are quite rare on them

Mines a bosch and I've seen many other bosch pumped 1.5 nads to.

Thanks given by:
(14-01-2017, 09:50 PM)welshpug Wrote: most of these are lucas pumps, bosch are quite rare on them

So how does this help chris with his bosch advance issue??

Anyway, Chris, what 'adjustment' have you got or ia it just teeth on the belt?

(you rock the pump on a xud9 backwards/top towards head for more advance iirc)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Also just a quick bit of advice of its really hard to start check the vacle clearences on these. Known them to close up sevral times and had to re shim the engines. Easy enough to do and will rule it out Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2017, 07:51 AM)Piggy Wrote:

So how does this help chris with his bosch advance issue??

Anyway, Chris, what 'adjustment' have you got or ia it just teeth on the belt?

(you rock the pump on a xud9 backwards/top towards head for more advance iirc)

3 nuts on the pulley so I can move the center shaft either way to advance or retard.

(15-01-2017, 08:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Also just a quick bit of advice of its really hard to start check the vacle clearences on these. Known them to close up sevral times and had to re shim the engines. Easy enough to do and will rule it out Smile

It's fine starting on diesel just I'm trying to get it to run 100% veg. But I'll rember that might be worth a check anyway.

Thanks given by:
So you'll need to move the center shaft anticlockwise surely?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2017, 08:39 AM)bashbarnard Wrote: Also just a quick bit of advice of its really hard to start check the vacle clearences on these. Known them to close up sevral times and had to re shim the engines. Easy enough to do and will rule it out Smile

Seen this before on a 1500 NAD.
Thanks given by:
Move the pulley the "opposite" way to you would normally move the pump.... so move the shaft the same way.....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
I had a 106 with a Bosch on it. Fine 100% in summer but when the temp gets down a bit you'll have to add something to thin it to get it to drag the fuel through for an instant start. Same as any other of the 5 Pugs I've run on veg tbh.
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2017, 12:42 PM)Paul Baldwin Wrote: I had a 106 with a Bosch on it. Fine 100% in summer but when the temp gets down a bit you'll have to add something to thin it to get it to drag the fuel through for an instant start. Same as any other of the 5 Pugs I've run on veg tbh.

I think I'll have to go down this route tbh, as it's not liking it at all, but as said further up my bx has run 100% fine even at -4 still started and first turn of key. But running saxo more for epic mpg and veg burning savings.

I'll mix it on the next fill up and see how it goes as turning the shaft clockwise seems to have done nothing. Also going to give it a service should help it out abit.

Thanks given by:
Some oils seem to be worse than others. I've had real problems one morning when caught out by an over-night cold snap. The car started ok but simply wouldn't rev, tickover was very low too. It was on used filtered stuff, 100%. I had to leave the car running in the street chugging for nearly 20 mins. All of a sudden when it got to temp it revved out totally normally and drove just like it was on diesel.
Thanks given by:
Mine is filtered waste in both cars, I feel like it's a different problem tho as it'll turn over for ages then fire instantly doesn't sort of feel like it's going to fire then just does all of a sudden. Back using bx now for abit till I can be bothered having a look over it, but I have put new plugs in checked there getting power and advanced pump all no difference.

Thanks given by:
Checked for air leaks? Veg often more susceptible to air ingress than derv
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That was the first thing I checked, no air In the system leading to the pump only thing I could do is get some clear for the return to make sure there's non coming out. But once it's started it's fine and drives fine.

Thanks given by:
Is the BX on the same mix, how's it coping? Went to buy one once, it pissed the hydraulics all over the place just as I took it for a test drive so that was that, it was worth sweet FA at the time so not worth repairing Sad
I've never really figured it out but some cars seem to like veg better than others ime. Advance must have something to do with it when running but not starting I don't think. I had a 405 that would cut out totally about a quarter of a mile after putting a load in. Turn the key and off to go as if nothing ever happened! The other 405 wouldn't even splutter. Some cars the performance felt flat on it, some seemed improved, very odd.
Thanks given by:
After removing the flat plate heater off the bx to put on saxo I stuck £10 of diesel in it to help thin the veg but other than that it's been usual splutter/smoke when cold but soon goes once it's warming up. I've just bought another flat plate heater for bx so I can get it back on 100% again.

Bx is for sale tho at the moment not getting any intrest even at 750 Undecided

Thanks given by:
A mate that used to run a lot of used oil ran a length of copper pipe back and forth across the top of the exhaust manifold to help in cold weather, certainly improved things quickly after startup. He ended up using used hydraulic for thousands of miles as he could get that for free and didn't need filtering. Some of it looked like custard and it still ran fine (bosch XUD ZX) What the sulphur would do to it very long term I can't tell you tho as the car was spectacularly written off.

Shame about the BX, can't be many left? There's a scruffy beige one running round here at the mo. You can certainly tell what it is from the norm Smile
Thanks given by:
Check the valve clearances as bash suggested, you might be surprised at the difference and it isn't a lot of work.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: