206 Daily - currently on tour

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
206 Daily - currently on tour
DAfter selling the auris the other week I've been bumbling around in my dads 1.4 tdci fiesta for the time being but took a trip up to sunny scunny today to view a car that popped up for sale on auto trader a couple of days ago....

[Image: 5D05BE50-0BC9-4D0A-ABF0-DB00EE42B287.jpg]

[Image: A58BB3FF-89E2-4ABC-82D1-4C1BA3425854.jpg]

It's on an 06, but has only done 62,000 miles and got it for the same price as my Rallye! A win all around really. It's the verve spec so fully colour coded exterior, air conditioning and it has the pedal cables for retrofittable cruise control :-)
Also it's the 1.4 Hdi, so £30 road tax and 60mpg :-)

It's not all roses though. The rear beam camber is quite back so I'll be eBaying for a 2nd hand beam shortly, it's needs the oem stereo binning, the rear wiper doesn't work (stalk issue) and it needs a service and some tyres in 2000 miles or so. But pleased so far.
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Looks nice

Surely save the hassle and get a recon beam from imaxles etc??
Thanks given by:
being 06, this will be CANBUS so the cruise will literally be plug the stalk into the com2000 and activate it with PP Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
There not a typical beam on the SW iirc
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-03-2015, 07:43 PM)Sambarker Wrote: Looks nice

Surely save the hassle and get a recon beam from imaxles etc??

Cheers bud. Price for recon beam runs into the £100s when I can grab a second hand beam which will at least be in slightly better Nick than me for £80 or so.

(09-03-2015, 07:44 PM)Niall Wrote: being 06, this will be CANBUS so the cruise will literally be plug the stalk into the com2000 and activate it with PP Wink

Christ I hope it's that easy! Just need to find someone with peugeot planet local!

(09-03-2015, 08:01 PM)Piggy Wrote: There not a typical beam on the SW iirc

Mr fish says the hatch beam will fit?
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Should of dropped in for a cuppa, looks clean and a good price
Thanks given by:
Looks clean and decent way to save some money and not get bored of the rallye
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 11:07 AM)7057sam Wrote: Looks clean and decent way to save some money and not get bored of the rallye

Yeah Rallye will feel like a rocket ship in comparison!!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
cant believe how cheap that tax is! D:
Thanks given by:
It seems like a terrible downgrade from the Auris? Confused

But if its to save money then fair enough, as you say the Rallye will seem better! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
These represent fantastic value for money IMO. Whether or not they're a good car is up to whoever you ask - plenty of people have had both positive and negative experiences! For me, the cabin feels quite dated now and the seating position isn't ideal, but they're small complaints when the price is factored into consideration!

Good purchase, nice wagon.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Nice one. Looks tidy.

I've tried with the Cruise control but could never get anywhere with it. But mine are all a bit older models. You'll have a good chance.

Hatch beam will fit. Just doesn't have the 'Sway bars'. I bought my 'state with an absolute shafted beam but bought one off Zakk at pugfest. may sit a tiniest amount lower but will rebuild an estate one at some point.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2015, 12:54 PM)Eeyore Wrote: cant believe how cheap that tax is! D:

I know it's such a win. It's only £12 more than I was going to pay a month for the auris

(10-03-2015, 01:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It seems like a terrible downgrade from the Auris? Confused

But if its to save money then fair enough, as you say the Rallye will seem better! Big Grin

Yeah it's a year older on plate but design it's like 9 years older. Spec is down as well but it's all shit I'm not bothered about. As long as I have a good stereo and air con I'm really not bothered about keyless entry or rear electric windows etc

(10-03-2015, 01:32 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: These represent fantastic value for money IMO. Whether or not they're a good car is up to whoever you ask - plenty of people have had both positive and negative experiences! For me, the cabin feels quite dated now and the seating position isn't ideal, but they're small complaints when the price is factored into consideration!

Good purchase, nice wagon.

Cheers dude. It is mega dated inside. There's like no refinement, but I don't care!
(10-03-2015, 01:56 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Nice one. Looks tidy.

I've tried with the Cruise control but could never get anywhere with it. But mine are all a bit older models. You'll have a good chance.

Hatch beam will fit. Just doesn't have the 'Sway bars'. I bought my 'state with an absolute shafted beam but bought one off Zakk at pugfest. may sit a tiniest amount lower but will rebuild an estate one at some point.

Just hoping!
CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I may have told some of you me and the Mrs are doing a driving tour of Europe this week and next. 

Crossing the channel was easy, the drive to it was not. 2 hours from Grantham to Dartford is good going, even the m25 was kind. Kent, however, is England's butthole and it took 2.5 hours to get from Dartford down to Folkestone. Cheers operation stack and the endless hold ups and diversions, oh and the greatly timed roadworks 

So we're in Bayeux at the moment at a trust McDonald's (mcmuffins, free wifi - pic attached haha) and this afternoon were headed to the Normandy beaches.... Then onto Versailles to see the palace and our campsite is there. Tomorrow is Paris so will update with better more exciting pics hopefully haha.

Things to like about France. Speed limit is 83, motorway are empty and smooth. Things to dislike: motorways are empty because they're all toll roads (€24 spent, 120 miles done) and nothing opens until 9. Hello!! Frenchies!! I've been up since 6 I want some f*cking breakfast. I mean what is wrong with the world when McDonald's doesn't open until 9!!

Even fully laden with roof box I'm managing 55mpg so happy with that!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Lazy frenchies. I cant believe the price of the roads, hopefully the tolls get less frequent and cheaper as you get away from Callis
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2015, 01:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Lazy frenchies. I cant believe the price of the roads, hopefully the tolls get less frequent and cheaper as you get away from Callis

Let's hope so mate. Campsite is good. U kinda get ur own little space closed off by trees.

Went into Paris itself today. Save my first 306 not on steels (every car is on steels here), a white p3 5 door on 'clones. Bodywork was beat to shit tho like every other car in this country.

Saw this super cool 2cv van thing today as well, sorry about backdrop there was some sort of random metal thing in like every shot I took...

And lastly went into a random high street Peugeot shop today, nothing 306 themed unfortunately. All new, baring obligatory 205 stuff. Did have some sort of concept car tho...

CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but you'll need either an estate beam or a 180 beam if you want a direct replacement as they have the sway bars. Normal beam will fit though.
Resident cat lover 
Thanks given by:
Nothing car related to report, except saw my first "nice" 306, cherry red three door in the process of having its bonnet smoothed.

Spent all day @

CLUB RALLYE
Thanks given by:
I'll resist any comments about your missus besides saying good going boyo Wink

How long are you staying in france for? It does look good but i cant believe they dont start till 9!!!
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by: