1.6 hdi starting issue FIXED now next problem :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.6 hdi starting issue FIXED now next problem :(
(10-02-2015, 09:42 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I've already tried telling Chris this... lol

But anyway - £400 for mapping...where the hell is that!?

No what you've said is you'll never clear all the carbon.out of the engine with turbo failure, what that does is carbon blocks the strainer/filter in the Hp oil line and stops oil getting to the turbocharger, but it wasn't blocked in the first place as the engine was clean on the inside, no thick sludge etc.

If that'd happend with this turbo there wouldn't be oil in the exhaust because it would have blocked the Hp filter and no oil would be getting to the turbo.

The engine is self is fine. I can only put it down to the "cheap" turbo or the decat and the reason I say decat is because it could be over speeding the turbo now cat is empty. Because yer it is wastegated turbo but controlled by vacuum so could be the vacuum control isn't reacting quick enough. All tho I could be wrong.

And the mapping was with hdi-tuning think his name Steve? Something like that. There very complex tho so I'm told.

Thanks given by:
Yep you are right, fair point!

You'd be getting an over-boost code and limp mode if the turbo was over speeding...

Yeah HDi tuning is Pro-Steve, the ECU's are about 4 times as big so take longer to map, but that's still double what I was expecting lol. You could try JP for a quote?
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2015, 09:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Yep you are right, fair point!

You'd be getting an over-boost code and limp mode if the turbo was over speeding...

Yeah HDi tuning is Pro-Steve, the ECU's are about 4 times as big so take longer to map, but that's still double what I was expecting lol. You could try JP for a quote?

Ahhh didn't think of that suppose it would throw up the management light if it was over boosting.

Yer I could I'll drop him a pm.

Thanks given by:
The turbo manufacturers wont provide a warranty even to the min dealer unless the engine block is changed along with the turbo, once they fail its very hard to get a reliable engine from them again :/
Thanks given by:
The boy that recons turbo's for me stopped giving warranty as well. There was a document released showing an engine stripped down full of carbon, before you put a new turbo on them your suppose to strip is down completely, I took the banjo bolt out of the high pressure line into the turbo on one of these a few weeks ago and at the end of the bolt in the core there was a ring of carbon in it lol
Thanks given by: