106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
[attachment=20852]

Got myself some arches for the track weapon Smile just need the side skirts then I can think about fitting them 
Thanks given by:
Ditch the bodykit!! looks cool but adding weight no?

My dash will be a 1/4 of the size and weight once I am finished!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2014, 07:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: Ditch the bodykit!! looks cool but adding weight no?

I'll see what happens with them and the dash is being cut up tomorrow Big Grin so watch this space 
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2014, 07:41 PM)Piggy Wrote: Ditch the bodykit!! looks cool but adding weight no?

I agree, f*ck the body kit! why the hell you even thought about it, I don't know!  get it ebayed and that dash removed fully! then build your own! ( all you need is a rev counter, and a few gauges that's it.  
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20860]

Cut the dash up and making a race dash Big Grin  Sooo much lighter now just having my clocks and a few switches and that's it, hopefully you guys approve of this haha and I think the arches will be sold 
Thanks given by:
now you need to build a proper clock and switch set to go into it!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 04:05 PM)procta Wrote: now you need to build a proper clock and switch set to go into it!

That's the plan Big Grin do away with the light stalk and wire it all to some switches Smile and eventually independent Rev counter, fuel gauge and temp gauge
Thanks given by:
get the wipers on a switch too!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 04:31 PM)procta Wrote: get the wipers on a switch too!

Will do Smile do I just remove the wire from the plugs and solder them to a switch? 
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 04:44 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 04:31 PM)procta Wrote: get the wipers on a switch too!

Will do Smile do I just remove the wire from the plugs and solder them to a switch? 

or you can make an OEM plug that goes in place of the stalk, I have made a few adapter looms for the metro in the past, two for the indicators and two for the fans,
Thanks given by:
You may quickly realise that the wiper controls are more complex than you think!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
What would you recommend using switches for?
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 05:28 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: What would you recommend using switches for?

fans, lights and fuel pump
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 06:12 PM)procta Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 05:28 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: What would you recommend using switches for?

Cool I'll look into how to do it 
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 06:14 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:

fuel pump, just add the switch to the power on the fuel pump,
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 06:22 PM)procta Wrote:

Thanks mate Smile will lights be tricky? 
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 06:24 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 06:22 PM)procta Wrote:

Thanks mate Smile will lights be tricky? 
nah not really, find out what wire works what and go from there, make an adapter loom piece with the switch on one end and the pinned plug for the car loom.   
Thanks given by:
Does this still have to be MOT worthy? If not, can do without sidelights, fogs and indicators, so just need dipped and maybe main beam. For the wipers you only really need 2 speeds as well, intermittent and constant, don't need single wipe or mental, you wont be on track in mental rain. Depends how far you want to go!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 06:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Does this still have to be MOT worthy?  If not, can do without sidelights, fogs and indicators, so just need dipped and maybe main beam.  For the wipers you only really need 2 speeds as well, intermittent and constant, don't need single wipe or mental, you wont be on track in mental rain.  Depends how far you want to go!

Well I don't plan on driving it on the road, fogs are coming out and getting some hose to make air feeds. Going to get some toggle switches to eventually have the fans, lights and fuel pump on switches. Once I know what I'm doing haha im not 100% with electrics so guides or instructions will help a lot
Thanks given by:
what you might want to do, is buy some spot lamp Looms from EBay, me and my dad used 3 for his landy, to wire in 3 lots of spots on to a two switches, Maybe you can do this for yours, that way you can run the wires anywhere you like, Ie behind the front wings. some track cars I have seen have even done a way with the front lights, maybe you can do the same with this, buy the quad front lights for these and blank them off, also that way you keep the indicators and a have a place for cold intakes.
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 06:56 PM)procta Wrote: what you might want to do, is buy some spot lamp Looms from EBay, me and my dad used 3 for his landy, to wire in 3 lots of spots on to a two switches, Maybe you can do this for yours, that way you can run the wires anywhere you like, Ie behind the front wings. some track cars I have seen have even done a way with the front lights, maybe you can do the same with this, buy the quad front lights for these and blank them off, also that way you keep the indicators and a have a place for cold intakes.

I'll have a look at a few options and see what I can manage Smile like the idea of no lights to be honest 
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 07:51 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 06:56 PM)procta Wrote: what you might want to do, is buy some spot lamp Looms from EBay, me and my dad used 3 for his landy, to wire in 3 lots of spots on to a two switches, Maybe you can do this for yours, that way you can run the wires anywhere you like, Ie behind the front wings. some track cars I have seen have even done a way with the front lights, maybe you can do the same with this, buy the quad front lights for these and blank them off, also that way you keep the indicators and a have a place for cold intakes.

I'll have a look at a few options and see what I can manage Smile like the idea of no lights to be honest 
like I say with it been a track car you can do what you want, as long as you keep the rears and indicators.
Thanks given by:
Intermittent is a bitch to wire up!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2015, 09:16 PM)procta Wrote:

like I say with it been a track car you can do what you want, as long as you keep the rears and indicators.

Do ph.1 106 indicators fit in the gap in the wing?
A cheap way would be to buy a pair of ph.1 indicators, and then make a blanking cover for the headlamps using the old plastic lens and cutting around the indicator.
Obviously this is only if it actually lines up properly...or get some ph.1 106 headlamps and use the lenses from those are blanking covers (assuming they aren't glass like ph.1 306 lights?).

Alternatively...gut the entire light assembly and case apart from the indicator part...that might be the neatest, and would be free.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 10:54 AM)RetroPug Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 09:16 PM)procta Wrote:

Do ph.1 106 indicators fit in the gap in the wing?
A cheap way would be to buy a pair of ph.1 indicators, and then make a blanking cover for the headlamps using the old plastic lens and cutting around the indicator.
Obviously this is only if it actually lines up properly...or get some ph.1 106 headlamps and use the lenses from those are blanking covers (assuming they aren't glass like ph.1 306 lights?).

Alternatively...gut the entire light assembly and case apart from the indicator part...that might be the neatest, and would be free.

If the ph1 indicators fit then that's a pretty good idea, I'd love a set of morettes be honest that way I can make induction hoses
Thanks given by:
I really would leave the stalks as they are, really not worth the hassle & they don't weigh much!
Thanks given by:
[attachment=20884]

My half dash is back in Smile had fun cutting it up, so today I took the blower motor out, all the plastic around the heater matrix, all the spongy sound deadening. More wiring and a few bits and pieces. Just needs a bit of tidying up and to make some plastic door cards and dash inserts for a few switches 

[attachment=20885]
Thanks given by:
Good work. As said on FB ya want a housing a fan on that matrix for windscreen clearing ThumbsUp

Fyi: looks like you still have the airbag module fitted?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2015, 03:45 PM)Piggy Wrote: Good work. As said on FB ya want a housing a fan on that matrix for windscreen clearing ThumbsUp

Fyi: looks like you still have the airbag module fitted?!

Yeah I'm gonna figure out a little system and is that what that silver box is I front of the gearstick? 
Thanks given by:
Windscreens are heavy, might as well just remove that as well, saves the demisting issue too... lol

Seriously though, coming on well! Wont take long if you keep going at this rate. Smile

(02-01-2015, 03:49 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote: and is that what that silver box is I front of the gearstick? 

Yep, you can remove that along with its whole airbag/pretensioner loom.
Thanks given by: