upgrades?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrades?
Ive got a 306 L (slow ass peace of poop )
was wondering if there is anything such as induction. exhaust. Pumps. Ect?
that may give it abit more power mainly take off!
It is a good strong engine with around 87000 n a very clean car so dont want to
Sell it just because its only around 70 bhp lol I didnt know when I bought it haha

any suggestions is appreciated Smile
Thanks given by:
Petrol diesel? Xud tu xu? What engine. 70 bhp from memory is a flat diesel I think.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 07:09 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Petrol diesel? Xud tu xu? What engine. 70 bhp from memory is a flat diesel I think.

Its a flat diesel not sure what kind though Confused

Forgot to say its a 1.9
Thanks given by:
The flat 1.9s are xuds. You can turn the pump up a touch but to be fair you wont gain much. Easier just to put a turbo diesel engine. Fits straight in easy. But then insurance is a pain.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Ive done that tbh just made it more smoky lol
N changeing the engine is a bit too expensive
for me Sad
Thanks given by:
You didn't realise when you bought it? Just assumed all the brakes were stuck on then? Wink

That's a bit of an achievement though, the worst engine in the worst spec by accident. lol

On a serious note though, there's nothing you do to get any significant gains without adding a turbo or swapping the engine I'm afraid.
Thanks given by:
If you look around you may find a xud lump all in for £100-150 with all the bits you need!
Which with a tune up would see you double your current power. Not bad bhp/£!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
As said you'd end up spending more trying to get more out of the non turbo engine that it would cost to put in a turbo diesel
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 08:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You didn't realise when you bguessing Just assumed all the brakes were stuck on then? Wink

That's a bit of an achievement though, the worst engine in the worst spec by accident. lol

On a serious note though, there's nothing you do to get any significant gains without adding a turbo or swapping the engine I'm afraid.

Lol I know trust me. So I can add a turbo? How could I go about doing that and im guessin theres other stuff that needs doing too?
Thanks given by:
Yeah if you have an endless budget you could add a turbo.

Or fit a xudturbo engine all ready to go!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(02-11-2014, 09:32 PM)jazzyjohn Wrote:
(02-11-2014, 08:57 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You didn't realise when you bguessing Just assumed all the brakes were stuck on then? Wink

Lol I know trust me. So I can add a turbo? How could I go about doing that and im guessin theres other stuff that needs doing too?

Its not as simple as just bolting a turbo on unfortunately, insurance would probably cost more to do that than swap engines anyway!

(02-11-2014, 09:36 PM)Piggy Wrote: Yeah if you have an endless budget you could add a turbo.

Or fit a xudturbo engine all ready to go!!

I think the problem here is insurance though...
Thanks given by:
Buy a dturbo/xldt/xrdt/xtdt
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That is what I'd do in this position tbf...
Thanks given by:
I supose I never really thought of insurance :/
on a more realistic thond a induction kit that would maby give a nice sound?
Thanks given by:
Seriously Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry, could've sworn I read something about insurance price, my bad! Confused

Induction kit will give a different sound, not sure about a nice one on that particular engine though.
Thanks given by:
Ok somthing to think about thanks
Thanks given by: