306 2.0 hdi 16v

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 2.0 hdi 16v
Send me the latest copy of your map when I'm next on skype and I'll have a look at the n75 map with you. It's a pain to sort, but once it's right you shouldn't need to mess with it too much again!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I have been searching on service box and found that the valves from 2.0 hdi 16v RHR/RKR are the same as 2.2 hdi, so if the valves are the same i will have no problem using the RHR pistons that only have 2 valve cuts on exaust valve?? Or maybe the intake camshaft on RHR engine have less rebound this way not nedding the cuts on piston???

Help needed here please
Thanks given by:
As you've said, depends if the camshaft on the 2.2hdi has more lift...

Your best bet is to "Plasticine" the engine - get some blutak or plastecine and stick it where the valves would contact - time up and turn over engine, take apart and measure clearance.

I'm going to guess it'll be fine, the cutout is fairly small anyway. Better safe than sorry.

[Image: np28w.jpg]
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
i have mesured the cut an its 0.53 milimeters, very very small but still.

I am trying to get some info on the cam rebounds, but no luck
Thanks given by:
Check the part number for the camshafts of an RHM/RHT engine vs an RHR?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Is that 0.53mm gap between valve and piston at tdc? If so you need to get the cutouts enlarged. You ideally want to leave 1mm to take into account rod stretch etc.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
camshaft numbers are diferent, but maybe because RHR is a cam driven high pressure pump

RHR intake cam is 801AC and exaust is 801AE

RHM/RHW/4hx intake is 801V9 and exaust 801W0

(22-07-2014, 04:26 PM)jammapic Wrote: Is that 0.53mm gap between valve and piston at tdc? If so you need to get the cutouts enlarged. You ideally want to leave 1mm to take into account rod stretch etc.

JP

the 0.53 mm is the depth of the valve cut on rhr pistons that i have
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 04:32 PM)dashmader Wrote: camshaft numbers are diferent, but maybe because RHR is a cam driven high pressure pump

(22-07-2014, 04:26 PM)jammapic Wrote: Is that 0.53mm gap between valve and piston at tdc? If so you need to get the cutouts enlarged. You ideally want to leave 1mm to take into account rod stretch etc.

JP

Yeah, just the cutout depth.

[Image: %24(KGrHqZHJFEE-ko8eGBiBPpQfY(uJw~~60_57.JPG]

That's a RHW engine - so yes they definitely have the cut outs. The cam lift MAY be different due to the RHW/RHT having swirl flaps, the later RHR doesn't.The RHR engine may use smaller valve lift to induce higher gas velocity to generate greater swirl.

I really don't know any way of truly finding out if they're different - other than building and measuring the gap with plasticine. However I'd be fairly confident it'll be fine, but apart from measuring it - I don't know.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 05:58 PM)Ruan Wrote:
(22-07-2014, 04:32 PM)dashmader Wrote: camshaft numbers are diferent, but maybe because RHR is a cam driven high pressure pump

JP

Yeah, just the cutout depth.

[Image: %24(KGrHqZHJFEE-ko8eGBiBPpQfY(uJw~~60_57.JPG]

That's a RHW engine - so yes they definitely have the cut outs. The cam lift MAY be different due to the RHW/RHT having swirl flaps, the later RHR doesn't.The RHR engine may use smaller valve lift to induce higher gas velocity to generate greater swirl.

I really don't know any way of truly finding out if they're different - other than building and measuring the gap with plasticine. However I'd be fairly confident it'll be fine, but apart from measuring it - I don't know.

My best guess is to mesure the rebounds on a RHR intake cam to see if the are the same, but were i live will be hard to gt my hands on a rhr intake camshaft to mesure.
Thanks given by:
Just put the 4HX head on a block with the RHR pistons in and measure with plasticine as above - that'll tell you how much clearance you have when running.
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 06:21 PM)Ruan Wrote: Just put the 4HX head on a block with the RHR pistons in and measure with plasticine as above - that'll tell you how much clearance you have when running.

yes sir this will ve done tomorrow and i will report here
Thanks given by:
Sorry, hard to read on the phone. As ruan says, build it with blutac and check when you spin it over by hand that it has 1mm minimum clearance at tdc.

Ruan, you are probably right about less camlift to induce swirl... BUT, that engine will no doubt run more boost as stock (don't know without looking at map, and can't atm) so would normally have slightly higher lift to reduce back pressure. Factor them both in and I think your first statement is probably right. They will be somewhere near the same.

If you check it with blutac, you'll know for sure if it will run without going kaboom!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Sempre bom ver por aqui um outro português :p

Think never seen that 306 on portuguese pages.
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Sim mas eu Tou no peugeot clube Portugal também
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2014, 06:27 PM)jammapic Wrote: Ruan, you are probably right about less camlift to induce swirl... BUT, that engine will no doubt run more boost as stock (don't know without looking at map, and can't atm) so would normally have slightly higher lift to reduce back pressure. Factor them both in and I think your first statement is probably right. They will be somewhere near the same.

My V50 has essentially a non-DPF RHR engine in. Runs 16psi or so boost peak - I don't know about the 4HX 2.2 - I thought they were about the same, maybe a little less at around 14lbs...

They used the same essential design in the 2.0 163 variants also - so I doubt they changed cams etc for that - I'll put money on them just being the same item.
Thanks given by:
307 2.0 16v hdi RHR engine makes 2300 mb 1.3 bar at full pedal

2.2 hdi i think makes 2150 or 2200 mb so 1.15 or 1.2 bar boost
Thanks given by:
Raramente vou lá :x
[Image: sign.png]
↑ Project ↑
Thanks given by:
Here i give my thanks to Mr Jammapic for helping me with my remaps on my 306 hdi, a few tips and the car runs much much better even sounds better. Trully a fine remaper and a really nice person. My thanks to you.

Tomorrow new pics of block and head.
Thanks given by:
Don't worry about it mate... these interesting projects are what keep me, well, interested!! :-)

Once this is setup right it will absolutely fly, and be a joy to drive.... with this new engine in it will be a whole new ball game!!!!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Would love to see a 30-70 type time, been a fair while since there's been a VNT HDi about (apart from TB's?)

Liking this project Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2014, 08:51 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Would love to see a 30-70 type time, been a fair while since there's been a VNT HDi about (apart from TB's?)

Sorry 70-30 type time???

I have been using vnt by ecu for quite some time, not perfect but i runs. With the help from jammapic it will be perfect

(24-07-2014, 08:51 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Would love to see a 30-70 type time, been a fair while since there's been a VNT HDi about (apart from TB's?)

Sorry 70-30 type time???

I have been using vnt by ecu for quite some time, not perfect but i runs. With the help from jammapic it will be perfect
Thanks given by:
Sorry, a video of a run in 3rd gear only from 30mph to 70mph Smile

This has always interested me, and I have looked into the maps on these and one day I will map my own, I'm determined
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2014, 10:03 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Sorry, a video of a run in 3rd gear only from 30mph to 70mph Smile

This has always interested me, and I have looked into the maps on these and one day I will map my own, I'm determined
Ok no problem
Thanks given by:
30 - 70 should be pretty good at the moment, as it will be making 160+hp and 280lbft at the moment, but it has a fair way to go yet... it will take SO MUCH more fuel! :-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Such an awesome project. Gold wheels on a white 306 are perfection.
Thanks given by:
(24-07-2014, 09:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Such an awesome project. Gold wheels on a white 306 are perfection.
Thank you
Thanks given by:
new pics oh the block painted

[Image: DSC00047.jpg]
image hosting over 2mb

[Image: DSC00048.jpg]
screen shot

[Image: DSC00049.jpg]
free image host

[Image: DSC00050.jpg]
upload img

hope you like

pics from the head and video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dLM7-hyVtQ

a little bit funny lol

[Image: DSC00057.jpg]
free image uploading

[Image: DSC00058.jpg]
uploading images

[Image: DSC00059.jpg]
screen capture windows
Thanks given by:
i have neem looking for pistons rings to fit this new engine, do you guys advice any brand??
I saw on ebay RIK, GOETZE and MAHLE.
Any good??
Thanks given by:
Mahle Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(25-07-2014, 09:19 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Mahle Smile
Thank you mahle will be
Thanks given by: