Suffolk Retro Meet 03/07/14

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suffolk Retro Meet 03/07/14
Nipped out this evening for some fuel...and saw loads of nice cars passing me heading down to the seafront like 1 mins drive from my house....turned out there's a retro meet down there every month! lol

Anyway, thought you might like some of the more interesting cars there, my camera is terrible but took a few pics anyway lol. Also, there was a white 309 GTi but couldn't get a pic due to someone being sat in it all the time lol. Confused Oh, and I was the only 306 there! Big Grin

205 GTi6

[Image: IMAG3947_zps2735e5b9.jpg]

Bwarp

[Image: IMAG3948_zpsfbb516e5.jpg]

Harry's 205 TB'd GTi6 (...ish)

[Image: IMAG3949_zpsc093a2c7.jpg]

Rat Rod

[Image: IMAG3950_zps1bb9ebe6.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3952_zpsaeb3cc1b.jpg]

Needs a bigger turbo...

[Image: IMAG3953_zps48aa45e5.jpg]

One for the off-roaders...

[Image: IMAG3954_zpsdf69e033.jpg]

Mint XR2

[Image: IMAG3955_zpsa6c4525f.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3956_zpse7bbb022.jpg]

One for Procta... lol

[Image: IMAG3957_zpsa9852ace.jpg]

And some engine bling.... Big Grin

[Image: IMAG3951_zps69341b09.jpg]

Tom
Thanks given by:
Looks like some nice kit there! Love Harrys car after he took Ed out in it when we saw you Tom. The noise!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yes! I was following that modified range rover on the way home. Made a lot of noise for not going very fast! It was that 205 gti i saw on the a14 on the way to yours as well!
Thanks given by:
Harry car has more done since Niall, quite a bit more powerful afaik but I didn't get a chance to talk to Harry about it yesterday.

And lol, I don't think Range Rovers are built for speed. That white 205 GTi6 was pretty much mint tbh, I want one! lol
Thanks given by:
Might have to go.next month looks good Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Feel free to...felt a bit of a loner wandering round on my own haha! lol
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 09:46 AM)Toms306 Wrote: And lol, I don't think Range Rovers are built for speed.

Err really? You should try going in a V8 Supercharged one. It may be the best part of 3 tonne of metal but it is still faster than a lot of things on the road.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm well up for it next time! little saafok 306oc meet
Thanks given by:
Ok I meant, I don't think that particular one is built for speed lol, off-roading definitely!
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 06:19 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: I'm well up for it next time! little saafok 306oc meet

(04-07-2014, 06:07 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Feel free to...felt a bit of a loner wandering round on my own haha! lol

Were all local should pop down to the next one then. Sorta like an ace cafe meet but I can go
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Like Ace café but much smaller lol.

Its first Thursday of each month apparently, anyones welcome. Think it's from a facebook group but not sure.
Thanks given by:
Yeah id love to go to an ace cafe meet. Maybe once my little ones a bit older. Im sure there will be others apart from us three localish?
Thanks given by:
Don't think theres many other local members tbh.

SRowell when he's not in London. And Sam7075 is up near Bury iirc. Used to have huge EA meets at Alton Water but most people have moved onto other marques and left the forum.
Thanks given by:
Its a shame really. I know a few people that will always be up for retro meets. Ill have words even.if its just a small group down there
Thanks given by:
Yeah, Sam (not rowell) the one with the astor '6 is very local to you tom, in woolpit.
Thanks given by:
Where about's are you then, Will? Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2014, 10:51 PM)pugmanxud Wrote: Yeah, Sam (not rowell) the one with the astor '6 is very local to you tom, in woolpit.

Really? Maybe we can rope him in
Thanks given by:
yeh there are a few of us but i wont ever be back in time on a thursday.
Thanks given by:
Its tuesday the next one. I looked into it. Alternates every month
Thanks given by:
I'm well up for it in august!

I live in Halstead, Essex but work in Gt Waldingfield.
Thanks given by:
What's the date then lol, I'd have gone on Thursday!? lol

Ah right, about an hour away then, Will.
Thanks given by:
Ill ask the bloke that goes to them probably next week but he says it alternates. Got to drive his classic mini the other day
Thanks given by:
good snaps there tom! I think the 3 metro owners could be from the metro owners club.
Thanks given by:
Just FYI, next one is tomorrow I think - http://retrorides.proboards.com/post/1964313/thread

Not sure if I'll be there or not though! Confused
Thanks given by:
Well I did go to this briefly, didn't see anyone else from here though! So had to walk round like a loner again haha.

Was a good turnout, lots of nice cars that I'll never be able to afford lol but I didn't bother taking any pics as light was fading.
Thanks given by:
shame I couldnt come to be honest. Did you go to helmingam hall show?? It was good
Thanks given by:
I don't even know where that is lol. Wouldn't have the fuel anyway tbh though, only went to this one as it's 2 minutes away lol!
Thanks given by:
Its next to otley not far to be honest
700 plus cars there from model ts to lambo aventador and everything in between
Thanks given by:
Not far from you lol, it's miles from me! Sounds like it was good though.
Thanks given by:
Was awesome will stick pics up. Took me half hour to drive there
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New retro weekend car for the Mrs (non Pug) titch 20 3,845 27-03-2015, 03:31 PM
Last Post: titch