stef's 205 gti6 supercharged

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stef's 205 gti6 supercharged
Loads of love for this car!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the kind comments.
Thanks given by:
Not really done much to this recently as ive been busy on the axle builds i have in. I have been struggling with cold starts in the morning, mainly due to cold foul on the plugs . I am using 8 grade plugs which i believe this is the cause but it still starts first time. I am going to try some 7's for the rest of the winter untill it warms up and haven spoken to sandy he agrees its worth a try.

Ive been trying out the gopro as ive not really used it since buying it, Managed to pull this screen shot from it.

[Image: 6D2CDC69-B87F-4105-89D6-FC71E121D417_zps7n0l2nww.jpg]

Being a complete yob!

Most of my attention has been focused on the 106 as its currently in for a respray as it was about 50 shades of red! I have a good friend who has kindly taken on the job in his spare time and having just taken a job with mclaren i have total faith in him.  Also i have been designing a inlet manifold for it for a set of bodies.

[Image: 639E1367-1FD4-4DF2-96A6-717F240E27DA_zpstvs7uaa9.jpg]

[Image: C63C86C2-37D5-4065-85CC-6A1803363AF3_zpsu5b7koxk.jpg]

I do plan to drop the axle from the 205 after xmas and rebuild it again, hopefully with a bigger arb and fit a set of refurbed 32mm calipers and a bias valve.

Stef Smile
Thanks given by:
106 looks interesting,what colour you going for?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Standard cherry red
Thanks given by:
Sweet do know what length bodies your going to run?

So with this be another track car or somthing on the side?
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2014, 01:08 AM)7057sam Wrote: Sweet do know what length bodies your going to run?

So with this be another track car or somthing on the side?

Its the gf's car, I will be using some gsxr bodies but we havent decided on the size yet, my Friend who does my welding will be making the inlet, we are trying to get the longest manifold on it as possible with flanges to bolt the bodies to the inlet ( cant stand these silicone bodge jobs) Shes running gti6 brakes all ready and a close ratio box, She just wants abit of under bonnet noise, they will more than likey be fitted to a jp4 lump.
Thanks given by:
you got to have a bit of fun on the road! I do now and again, I love to wind the window down, and let the car go, just so I can hear that engine roar at 4k rpm! ( sounds like a proper little sports car when it does that!)
Red is a pain in the arse to match! it was going to cost me about 750 to get my gta painted again. but I decided to re body it with a blue shell, which is a bit better colour to match.
Thanks given by:
Small update on the 106 she has now been painted and i surprised her with some morette headlights at christmas to finish it off.

[Image: 00F81F3F-83B2-4B59-8D5B-E7A29F9D2058_zps8ikn2xwg.jpg] 

[Image: 2EC4E1C4-EE84-4972-95D4-AD4A63639C42_zpsuu2l2ap2.jpg]

On the 205 front i had been trying some slight warmer plugs (bcpr7es) now that the weather is colder to help it start and run easier in the mornings but after 10 or so miles i noticed they were over heating and burning up. So ive now gone back to the bcr8es's and all is well again just need to avoid short runs.

Stef Smile
Thanks given by:
some slight bad news on the 205,
I was traveling back from picking the 106 up and i started to get little fuel to the engine followed by alot of fuel cutting, i managed to limp the car home from 30 miles away.
The next morning i took the fuel filter apart to inspect for any fillings to find the filter gorse and housing full of them. Removed the pump from the tank and the pump was also full of them.

[Image: 933C32D4-7CF4-41DE-A455-CA45C863D553_zpsdyzfqos2.jpg]

Anyway i ordered a new walbro 340 pump from jjc and it arrived the following day and fitted it. Pump primed and was noticeably alot quieter. Tried to fire the car up for it to splutter and fart, it then idled followed by it revving its self up and holding it at 3-4k. I removed the inlet as i suspected the inlet has cracked a weld or the inlet gasket had given up the ghost. I rigged the inlet up to a piece of 6mm steel and clamped it down with a bit of rubber in between and pressurized it with the compressor at about 1.5 bar, then sprayed soapy water around the welds and joins. I found 2 cracks in the welds and the icv wasnt seated correctly. I Dont believe this is down to poor welds as its cast and its horrible to weld to. Never the less i dropped it of to my friend who was over the moon about seeing it again lmao
I then decided to inspect the charger while it was off and check its oil. I found a light mist of oil on the rotors which is down to the other seal which i hadent got round to changing so that will now be done.

[Image: DD037B64-4AF3-429D-B325-DA767CB782F2_zpsqe7nz9qy.jpg]

This is now how the car stands atm

[Image: AC6FBE43-328F-433F-AF94-592BFAFB0484_zpshwxj08ms.jpg]

I had also made some inserts for my seat rails that i will attend to. Id planned to use some 1" cds tube and i made the seat inserts sit flush in the tube, Also as ill be upgrading to 6 points i made some harness eye inserts to weld into the tube.

[Image: 2CAD8FF8-EF68-4138-9DE5-BEE105831D12_zpsssx2f3wy.jpg]

All for now

Stef Smile
Thanks given by:
Starting to get the 205 back together slowly. Had the inlet re welded after it cracked and refitted it with a ptfe gasket. My friend made my swirl pot while i was over there which turned out really well. Its roughly around 1.5L and will be mounted under the boot floor. It has a pick up pipe inside which will allow me to mount the pump directly to it. 

[Image: 0DB2C299-2D00-4074-8717-54EB7862057E_zpsvjkjpzp5.jpg]

[Image: C4484D88-50FB-4463-BB8B-9014651BCC8C_zpseznr4jkf.jpg]

All for now

Stef Smile
Thanks given by:
Swirl pot looks epic.

Who does the ptfe gasket,been trying to get hold of one for ages.
Thanks given by:
loving this project
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
(27-01-2015, 11:14 AM)7057sam Wrote: Swirl pot looks epic.

Who does the ptfe gasket,been trying to get hold of one for ages.

Thanks sam, we've purposely swirled the feed to the pot to help starvation, but all pots should be like this.

Ptfe gasket i got from the 6 forum, i was planning to have some made but i had zero interest so took no more action on it.

(27-01-2015, 01:39 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: loving this project

Thanks i hope to have another update soon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know Somone stopped doing them,that place seems die half the time.times I change over my mani wouldn't minded a few.

Yeah my mates 205 gti6 track car was quite bad with fuel starvation anything under a quarter of a tank on track, nailing it and it would cut mid bend lol
Thanks given by:
i can have some made but needs to be a min of 5 and works out at around £30 each.

The 205 tank internals are rubbish no baffles, i suffer bad on full load so enough was enough now to spend twice as much on fittings and hose.
Thanks given by:
i offered up the swirl pot today.

[Image: GOPR0301_zps0760d9f3.jpg]

Seemed to sit well, i need to order a pump for it and some rubber mounings. Im pretty set on a aps pump which is there bosch 044 equivalent and will be more than up to the job.

Stef Smile 
Thanks given by:
next you will be space framing this!
Thanks given by:
Ha! not likely i have been looking at engine options to unleash the full potential of the charger.
Thanks given by:
(28-01-2015, 09:38 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Ha! not likely i have been looking at engine options to unleash the full potential of the charger.

Hmmm Forged ???
Thanks given by:
yes but along way off yet, first hurdle will be finding a forged piston that retain oem compression but with added valve cut outs. There has been talk lately about ANOTHER inlet lmao between me and my friend but for some reason he thinks its necessary to add a turbo too.
Thanks given by:
V6! Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2015, 07:41 AM)Paul_13 Wrote: V6! Smile

Ha! not likely in my 205 although i do have another eaton project starting soon that may involve a v6
Thanks given by:
That 205 is simply stunning! Looking forward to following the progress on the 106
Thanks given by:
Thanks the 106 is finished now and found and fitted a set of spotless morettes with new lamps.
[Image: 3B0D27A4-6F54-4084-A121-CF58DE593E52_zpskesxfwfw.jpg]
Thanks given by:
106 looks lovely mate

What's the spec on it ?
Thanks given by:
Not much of a spec as its the gf's,
One of my axles with genuine parts.
Gti6 front brakes.
Speedline chrono 15" wheels
Magnex cat back system

And the most important bit in a girls car a over the top stereo system,
edge door speakers
Vibe 6x9's
kenwood mini speakers in the rear door cards
800watt kenwood amp
2000watt jbl 12" sub
Thanks given by:
Sounds like my dream 106! looks like it too!

Nice work on the 205 pal, hope all things work out well
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2015, 09:22 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sounds like my dream 106! looks like it too!

Nice work on the 205 pal, hope all things work out well

Sadly the 205 isnt doing well atm, it still refuses to start and to top it off the charger has failed and eaten a rotor so im trying to source another. It wont dampen my spirits about the car and ill keep plodding on with it. But i have bought a launch control button for the ecu for when it does fire up so keeping optimistic lol 
Thanks given by:
Keep it up mate

God if my rotrex had failed I dunno if I would be stupping up 1.5k for a new one,I suppose thats the beauty about the eatons being price and availability 
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  205 Sport Van, Supercharged GTI6 allye 105 41,230 14-02-2019, 04:29 PM
Last Post: allye
  Stef's bit on the side... Ruby Stef205 31 7,317 11-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Last Post: procta