New around here

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New around here
Hi all,

New around here, but not to 306's...on my 3rd now which is a '98 Nile Blue GTi 6.

Bit of a WIP at the moment, but some better pics from last year:

[Image: 261279_10150400402453009_601158008_10330...9773_n.jpg]

Not without it's faults however...

[Image: 268001_10150400403268009_601158008_10330...6674_n.jpg]

[Image: 267752_10150400402143009_601158008_10330360_79374_n.jpg]

Catch you about,

Graham
Thanks given by:
My old 6 Sad

Actually made me sad seeing that.

What happened to the colour coded filler caps? And also the bodged k&n Doh

I'll post some pics of this from when I had it when I get a chance. It's an awesome car, still can't believe I sold it!

Welcome over here by the way Graham Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome Graham Smile
Thanks given by:
sweet whip Wink
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

I love Scott's old car, such a shame to see it 'down'. Looking forward to seeing you getting back to scratch Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:My old 6 Sad

Actually made me sad seeing that.

What happened to the colour coded filler caps? And also the bodged k&n Doh

I'll post some pics of this from when I had it when I get a chance. It's an awesome car, still can't believe I sold it!

Welcome over here by the way Graham Smile

Hi Scott, thanks for the welcome.

Sadly, the car hadn't been spared much mechanical sympathy prior to coming into my hands and it was a bit of a pain to start with to be honest. I uncovered the barely secure K&N (massive gap between the filter and the intake) when carrying out a full service. I bodged the K&N back on myself. It's much more secure and is only a temporary fix. Standard airbox should be back from the powdercoaters this week along with the inlet manifold and cam cover, and a few other bits Wink

I removed the colour coded filler caps as I think the black is a better contrast. The spoiler has been replaced with a standard black item too as the colour coded one fitted was scored on the underside (God knows how). I think the fact it was colour coded made it look tiny as well!

I'll be posting up a thread in the coming months once I've got a few bits and pieces sorted out.
Thanks given by:
That's a shame to hear, it was an absolute minter when I had it aside from a couple of barely visible marks, and the raised footwells where some numpty jacked had it up wrong Doh

Good to hear you're getting things sorted with it though, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on this. Fair enough about the spoiler and filler caps! The side strips and front splitter were also done by Peugeot in Coventry as the owner before me was a mechanic there. What's the mileage on now? I bought it on 28k!
Thanks given by:
Scott Wrote:That's a shame to hear, it was an absolute minter when I had it aside from a couple of barely visible marks, and the raised footwells where some numpty jacked had it up wrong Doh

Good to hear you're getting things sorted with it though, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on this. Fair enough about the spoiler and filler caps! The side strips and front splitter were also done by Peugeot in Coventry as the owner before me was a mechanic there. What's the mileage on now? I bought it on 28k!

I wasn't sure if it was a garage that had jacked it up on the chassis rails! It's not pretty underneath, they have caught the passenger side on the chassis drain, but there doesn't appear to be any rot thankfully. There are a few more marks here and there, nothing too severe or noticeable, just needs a bit of TLC. My mate who is a Master Technician with Robins and Day Peugeot in Glasgow is keeping it mechanically sweet and I'm seeing to the bodywork.

I'm not a fan of the colour coded grille or splitter, looks a bit too OTT IMO - personal preference I suppose. It's just turned 53k this week and is due a 6k service any time now. Cambelt is also due on age alone, but given the use the car gets it can maybe hold off until next month.
Thanks given by:
Welcome! Nice car
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Love this photo of the car

[attachment=0]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Car is looking good! Racked up the miles though!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One for you Scott:

[Image: DSCF0082.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along to the club, the car was such a minter when scott had it, shame the last owner didn't look after it as well Sad at least you are sorting it out though, good work!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
Welcome Mate
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome!

Love that image of a GTI on steelies!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
bring the old gal back to her form and glory. welcome.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello welcome to the peugeot 306 club forum.
Thanks given by: