Nearly charged 309 GLX Special Equipment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nearly charged 309 GLX Special Equipment
More or less the same car as our old family 309.
We had the special equipment model as well.....memories.
Thanks given by:
Love this! As i said the other day, ill happily give you a weekend of my time to do the engine swap and other ninja stuff to it lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So a little update. Fitted a new rear light as my old one was cracked.

Also thanks to Nial and Ian for collecting my GTI wheels for me Smile

[Image: tuduzehy.jpg]

Last night I dropped them off to a mate at Wicked wheels who has acid dipped them ready for shot blasting and powder coating. Hopefully they'll be done tomorrow night :-)

[Image: zyhe9u4a.jpg]

Fresh out the acid dip.
Once they're powder coated my newly delivered Uniroyal rainsport 3's will be fitted. Then to fit them and lower the car accordingly.
Thanks given by:
Tidy motor. I wonder what the "Special Equipment" tag denoted if the only creature comfort is central locking lol.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
I believe it also consists of the sport seats, large sunroof, and that's about it lol

Also put a new fuel pump on it yesterday as it had an intermittent fault. I think there was a problem with the diaphragm which was causing it to supply insufficient pressure.
Thanks given by:
Can't wait to see the wheels Smile suit these well
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
So today's update is not so positive. Unfortunately this afternoon some utter twat in a lorry decided to take the front light and wing of my car, and stove it in. To top it he couldn't have cared any less and kept saying 'well at least its an old banger'. Oh and he didn't even tell me he did it..worked it out myself...like Sherlock or someone of the same calibre Wink

Anyways here's the damage.. Not brilliant to be honest but an easy fix.

[Image: 4u9agase.jpg]

Already ordered the new parts. Just a waiting game, then get them painted :-)
Thanks given by:
I presume he's paying?
Thanks given by:
love it mate Smile
How much are you being charged to do the wheels?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nope..unfortunately he's insured by the company he works for... Which is why he couldn't give a sh#t. And I can't claim as its just not worth it. ;(

Urm I think its £35 a wheel. Stripped, blasted, powder coated and tires fitted Wink
Thanks given by:
What a bummer mate.

Are parts for these hard to come by?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Isn't it just Sad well I got a brand new front wing for £25, and a N.O.S indicator for £15 Wink
Thanks given by:
If you're not going to claim, then I suggest that if you have the details of the company you write a letter of complaint, indicating the cost of the repairs and the photographs of the accident if you have any.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(25-04-2014, 06:38 PM)C2K Wrote: If you're not going to claim, then I suggest that if you have the details of the company you write a letter of complaint, indicating the cost of the repairs and the photographs of the accident if you have any.

This
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not all too bad then. Obviously money you could have spent down the pub, but not heaven and earth.

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I think I will tbh. He was an arrogant tit.

On the plus side...just come to pick my wheels up! :-)

[Image: 8yvaqaba.jpg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: ytyse4er.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look shit should put them on my 309 instead only messing can't wait to see them on the car

Bad news about the accident :/ least there's not too much damage and you have managed to get new parts Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Schweet, the wheels will look great on it. :-)
Thanks given by:
I think I need to start a retro club team on here! as I have started a retro scene on the 306 forums!
at the end of the day that "old banger" happens to be your pride and joy! not many " old bangers" see the back end of 10 years! let a lone 25/26 years old! this registered in 1989 or 1990? as it might be a very early G plater, like my dads 405 was,
Id still put a letter in to the company, complaining about the lad been arrogant about it, and its cost you money, that could have gone else where. Also the car may have to go into a spray booth a for a few days for the wing to be painted, so you will be out of pocket with out a car,
even if its a second car, still put the letter in, as they don't know that!
Thanks given by:
He was just a prick. Written my letter expressing my displeasure and what I thought of the arrogant driver.

Anyways on another note, I set about removing the front suspension struts to make some adjustments to the ride height. Unfortunately the top mounts are very worn (hence the knocking noise over bumps). So I've decided to just bite the bullet and buy coilovers and new top mounts...do the job properly! Also fitted a new nearside driveshaft as the cv's were clicking. So that's that for today. Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh no, epic job of the wheels and you chose black? Sad If you like em then its all gravey. Shame about that lorry driving prick.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I was going to go anthracite but thought it may clash being grey on grey so just settled with plain black. The finish is amazing!!
Yeah he was a wanker but hey ho. Ordered the parts yesterday at 2.30 ish and the indicator has turned up already!

[Image: uzetepa3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Wheels look sweet dan.

You lowering this?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Urm of course I am Grant who do you think I am? :p (actually don't answer that one) I started stripping the front suspension down and the top nuts were insanely seized! I'll show you what I had to do to get them undone. So I've decided to throw them away and buy some AP coilovers :-)
Thanks given by:
Got a few packages turn up...a little bit excited!!
[Image: aga7apyr.jpg]
[Image: esa6ehut.jpg]

Burton box's aren't for the pug. Also got a new front wing Smile
Thanks given by:
All very exciting!!! Shotgun passenger track time at shows :p

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah hopefully pugfest! Smile

Just got home and unwrapped everything. Can't wait to get these bits on the car Wink

[Image: 9aza6yjy.jpg]
[Image: udu3u3e2.jpg]
[Image: eju4a6a6.jpg]
[Image: vy5e5yty.jpg]

Got most things at a decent price so pretty pleased. Especially the manifolds! Coilovers tomorrow night so I can eventually start driving the bugger again. Also got some brand spankers top mounts but haven't got a piccy of them.

And although this isn't related to the Peugeot at all...here's my 2 packages from Burton power...waiting to go on the Capri!

Custom built 3J driveline plated LSD
[Image: eryge4yz.jpg]
[Image: 4a8e2ygy.jpg]

And some rather sexy Gaz adjustable front shock inserts
[Image: yzumureb.jpg]
[Image: 7esy4udy.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You bought Gaz shocks for a old Ford? The only shock known to man to actually rot quicker than a Ford! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Really? Never heard anyone with a Capri complain about them before? Plus these go inside a sealed strut so no water getting to these bad boys! Got golds for the rears too.
Thanks given by: