Anyone know why i'm getting these ads?? Piccy inside

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know why i'm getting these ads?? Piccy inside
Hi all,
Recently on the forum, and ebay and similar sites im getting all these ads popping up all the time, sometimes they come out of the side of my screen and others it highlights things as pictured with a hyperlink to some shit:

[Image: ADS.jpg]

I have tried putting my internet privacy settings things upto max, and 'unscribing' from their pikey websites but still happening,

Cheers
Thanks given by:
i would try doing a anti malware scan you may have picked up a nasty from the interweb
Thanks given by:
You got any extensions on your browser?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thats a little extension been put in background somewhere...
i had one for a while...spent ages trying to delete it, took a PC boff friend nearly an hour in the end to hunt it down and kill the blasted thing
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
My bet is that cully hit the nail on the head. Wink

Hitman Pro is a cloud based virus scan, and has a 30 day free trial, and ive found it quite handy in the past on various people's computers. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What do you mean by extensions? Running scans now, i use chrome if you didnt notice from piccy Smile
Thanks given by:
Open tab
Type chrome://extensions/
See what you have

If there's something there that isn't meant to be, you can reset chrome to a "factory" setting

Having to squint at the screenshot, looks like shopodo, which is pretty much malware. It's a relatively new domain anyway, set up in Jan and prob won't last very long :p
[Image: Image423_zps1ac08bc4-1_zps15c76431.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh you have an extension or some malware installed.
Thanks given by:
(05-02-2014, 08:26 PM)Mal Wrote: Open tab
Type chrome://extensions/
See what you have

If there's something there that isn't meant to be, you can reset chrome to a "factory" setting

Having to squint at the screenshot, looks like shopodo, which is pretty much malware. It's a relatively new domain anyway, set up in Jan and prob won't last very long :p

Thanks dude! I had 2 extensions neither were chrome origins and one was installed from a third party, deleted now!

cheers
Thanks given by:
Glad thats sorted Smile

We dont run ads here!
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.

1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car

Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Thanks given by:
If your really lucky, you get extensions where after you delete them, they come back...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yep all sorted, thanks for prompt responses everyone Smile

Andy
Thanks given by: