T's been five years...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T's been five years...
(13-08-2013, 12:07 PM)silverzx Wrote: Reasons for countryside:

Peace. - boredom
Quiet. - lonliness
Minimal traffic. - maybe on your road....theres only one road for our whole peninsula...and its full of old people causing massive tailbacks
Minimal crime. - I'll give you that one
Wildlife. - pigeons and seagulls making noise and shitting everywhere. Muntjack deers barking all night and shitting everywhere.
Nudity/sex without penalty. - NA for me lol
Fresh air. - fresh? Its all farm smells, or sewage when the tide is low, or the smell of kerosene (?) when the ships go to Harwich/Felixstowe.
Minimal fast food chains.Not an issue for me, but having to drive an hour to get 'fast' food annoys my parents lol
Minimal relatives.You're lucky then, round here people never leave, all my relatives are local (partly why I want out lol)
Minimal neighbours.I live in a village
Minimal chavs.You haven't been to my village then....
Free to grow tomatoes/herbs.Umm, not sure you are tbh.
Horsey sluts.Lol, each to their own I guess

So err, yeah, still haven't found any positives. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Countryside ftw!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 12:20 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

tom you moaning Troll
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 12:24 PM)cully Wrote:

tom you moaning Troll

Theres still crime, just not so much, not really a positive. Just slightly less of a negative. Tongue
Thanks given by:
Wink 
Country is full of natural, healthy dirt amd smells, the.city just stinks - chemicals, pollution, human waste... Lovely. :/

(13-08-2013, 11:21 AM)silverzx Wrote: Countryside is definitely an easier and more enjoyable place to live. But it can be boring... And solitary...

You've met me, boring and solitary should be on my profile lol. Reckon your list there has pretty much hit it on the head.

LOL Cully, damn straight!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Peace. - boredom
Quiet. - lonliness
Minimal traffic. - maybe on your road....theres only one road for our whole peninsula...and its full of old people causing massive tailbacks
Wildlife. - pigeons and seagulls making noise and shitting everywhere. Muntjack deers barking all night and shitting everywhere.
Nudity/sex without penalty. - NA for me lol
Fresh air. - fresh? Its all farm smells, or sewage when the tide is low, or the smell of kerosene (?) when the ships go to Harwich/Felixstowe.
Minimal fast food chains.Not an issue for me, but having to drive an hour to get 'fast' food annoys my parents lol
Minimal relatives.You're lucky then, round here people never leave, all my relatives are local (partly why I want out lol)
Minimal neighbours.I live in a village
Minimal chavs.You haven't been to my village then....
Free to grow tomatoes/herbs.Umm, not sure you are tbh.
Horsey sluts.Lol, each to their own I guess

Holy f*ck do you need to lighten up!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
+1 for horsey sluts, I live opposite an equestrian and you amount of ass i get to see daily is unreal!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Exactly what Ruan says Tom!
I live on a farm in some lovely countryside, only got one neighbour we barely see/hear and I love it.
Only ten minutes into the centre of the nearest town too so best of both worlds in my opinion.
Don't think I could hack living in a city.
I wouldn't even like to have neighbours that can see my drive/garden it's nice to have the privacy and loads of space/fields
Thanks given by:
Having moved out of an actual slum 5 months ago I don't know how I hacked city living so long.

I mean I couldn't work out here, the boredom would kill me but its great for living and the train back to London is regular and quick (somehow quicker than driving).

The only downside is that Id never seen a speed camera van till I moved out here and only seen a speed gun once in London, round here they are always out with the guns or the van. Its a real shame cos some of the roads here are awesome. 20 car overtakes for the win.
Thanks given by:
Tom you wouldn't last 5 minutes in a propper inner city environment. Even I get very nervous in the city centre of london.

I love living in in Norfolk. Peace & quiet, enough towns nearby, some decent roads, decent forests to take the dog for a walk, near Norwich or P'boro for decent shopping. Couldn't ask for more.

I like city life. My bro lives in the centre of Norwich and I love staying there, but after living in a small village for 20 odd years, I would find it hard to adjust to city life!
Thanks given by:
good: moon is so bright where I am, you dont need lights on to use the bog

bad: 25min to nearest MaccyDs!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 12:54 PM)Ruan Wrote: Holy f*ck do you need to lighten up!!!

Yeah, country life depresses people!

No, seriously, a lady moved in near us a couple of years ago - only lasted 2 months before having to move out because of how quiet/lonely/boring/dead it is lol. She moved back into town.

(13-08-2013, 01:15 PM)Tom Wrote: +1 for horsey sluts, I live opposite an equestrian and you amount of ass i get to see daily is unreal!

Horse shit everywhere, another reason I hate the countryside! Had to drive through a big pile of it this afternoon....I don't care if it biodegradable it shouldn't be left on the damn road!

I dunno where you find these horsey sluts though, Nan used to live next door to a horse training place, its was all 10 year olds and their 60 year old mums lol... Confused

(13-08-2013, 01:28 PM)Stephen Wrote: Exactly what Ruan says Tom!
I live on a farm in some lovely countryside, only got one neighbour we barely see/hear and I love it.
Only ten minutes into the centre of the nearest town too so best of both worlds in my opinion.
Don't think I could hack living in a city.
I wouldn't even like to have neighbours that can see my drive/garden it's nice to have the privacy and loads of space/fields

Ah see that I wouldn't mind so much.....

I agree about the neighbours though, hate working in the front garden or drive where everyone can see me. Worst thing is some of them want to talk as well! Dodgy

(13-08-2013, 03:35 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Tom you wouldn't last 5 minutes in a propper inner city environment. Even I get very nervous in the city centre of london.

I love living in in Norfolk. Peace & quiet, enough towns nearby, some decent roads, decent forests to take the dog for a walk, near Norwich or P'boro for decent shopping. Couldn't ask for more.

I like city life. My bro lives in the centre of Norwich and I love staying there, but after living in a small village for 20 odd years, I would find it hard to adjust to city life!

Yeah I never said I'd like London lol, just seeing it on a map scares me, looks so big! Confused lol

But I'm really odd with 'nervous' environments, I actually feel safer (not necessarily less nervous) in a town/city. I hate driving/walking on quiet roads where theres no people or houses about, and I hate little country tracks and woods as well - theres a small wood across the road from our house and I absolutely hate walking through there, feel better walking through the town centre oddly! Might be different if I was walking with someone though....I need a girlfriend to protect me haha! Big Grin

Can't win really, I don't like emptiness and quiet. But I also don't like busy-ness and loudness lol.

I would really hate where my Nan has moved though, its almost right in the town centre in retirement flats. Not too bad during the day time as she's on the 3rd floor. Theres people walking about all the time and it's literally a 2 minute walk to sainsburys etc. Not much of an outlook but apart from that it's fine. However, it's the road between two nightclubs in Ipswich, and the noise all night is unbearable, drunk people shouting and screaming and generally twatting about till 3 or 4am!! I couldn't put up with that lol, but I think she kinda enjoys it, every time someone out there making a noise she's straight to the window and peeping out haha.
Thanks given by:
I'd love to get out of the city, live on a council estate 3 miles from the centre. Got 15 pubs within 10 minutes walk and nice to be near the rugby ground, but I'd love more space and proper peace and quiet....

Looking at moving round where Petes from, the little towns and villages in the hills round Huddersfield are quite nice. Know Slaithwaite Pete? Considering there Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Afew of the guys I ride with are from there, Nice area as far as I know! Annoys me no-one knows how to pronounce the place though lol

Living out this way has its down points though, the M62 commute being a biggy!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
i lived in croydon for 3 years for uni, loved how close it was to central london, everything i needed within 10mins walk, but i moved out back to barnsley and then over to brid, it's ok on the coast, it is an hour's drive for anything worth having, including a lot of jobs, but it's quiet (in the winter) and i can go fishing when i like (in the winter)

i miss the closeness of a good motor factors, but that's what the internet is for...

+1 for the countryside
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I love where I live, it's a nice happy medium for me.
Thanks given by:
Tom i think we need to swap. Id happily live where you are to get out of London!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I spent 8 months refurbing a £1.6m townhouse in South Kensington a few years back, and don't get me wrong, it was an experience, but not one i'd like to willfully repeat. I'm not far outside of Hastings town centre, and have a main road running right past the front door.

[Image: 739989_4828465463800_1234287727_o.jpg]
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 04:33 PM)Pete Wrote: Afew of the guys I ride with are from there, Nice area as far as I know! Annoys me no-one knows how to pronounce the place though lol

Slawwit!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(13-08-2013, 05:48 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(13-08-2013, 04:33 PM)Pete Wrote: Afew of the guys I ride with are from there, Nice area as far as I know! Annoys me no-one knows how to pronounce the place though lol

Slawwit!

Thats the one! Big Grin
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  10 years today procta 50 7,043 13-05-2015, 02:57 PM
Last Post: procta
  New Years resolution Niall 56 10,765 18-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Iceman299
  New years eve cully 9 2,522 28-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Last Post: cully