Peugeot 206 - XUD9 VNT Lash Up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot 206 - XUD9 VNT Lash Up
If your using a standard garrett cir clip arm for your VNT I have a pack of circlips coming and I'd happily provide you with one.
Thanks given by:
Darrens good at fixing stuck injectors in the least ideal situations! Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah, Mark has the same issue exactly to what you had Tom!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(07-10-2013, 07:38 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: If your using a standard garrett cir clip arm for your VNT I have a pack of circlips coming and I'd happily provide you with one.

cheers dum-dum, but the vane control leaver got modified (to bring it out of the turbo a bit more) to reach the boost can. therefore was using a 10mm gutter bolt nut. Should of burred the end over and it wouldnt of come off then. Will sort something out, but thanks for the offer though Smile

(07-10-2013, 09:00 PM)Tom Wrote: Darrens good at fixing stuck injectors in the least ideal situations! Wink

He was all changed off! Cleanest ive seen him since college! ;-) I got the impression he didn't fancy getting elbow deep in derv. Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Overnight parts ready for the weekend's antics....

[Image: null_zps76937881.jpg]
Thanks given by:
woodbury salterton!
your not to far from me Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Whats in the box!?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 10:04 AM)cully Wrote: woodbury salterton!
your not to far from me Big Grin

hah yea just down the road...need to get the south west members together for a chinwag!

(11-10-2013, 10:12 AM)silverzx Wrote: Whats in the box!?

Epic Fail on getting a picture of the contents. Angel, but its to help the turbo breath ninja
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 10:31 AM)mr_fish Wrote:
(11-10-2013, 10:12 AM)silverzx Wrote: Whats in the box!?

Epic Fail on getting a picture of the contents. Angel, but its to help the turbo breath ninja

Errr... Can't remember if you have FMIC or not and can't be bothered to flick back a page..

So it's either FMIC or some air feeds / filter? Smile

Edit: You have both of those.. Hm..

METH!? Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 10:31 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Epic Fail on getting a picture of the contents. Angel, but its to help the turbo breath ninja

garden leaf blower?
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 10:33 AM)cully Wrote:
(11-10-2013, 10:31 AM)mr_fish Wrote: Epic Fail on getting a picture of the contents. Angel, but its to help the turbo breath ninja

garden leaf blower?

It's near on got the air filter out the bonnet, so it can get its air that way fine. Exhaust side just isn't up to it though and as much as it sounded awesome with a small length of exhaust it wasn't public friendly.
Thanks given by:
So what size you going? 2.5" or 3"?

Also how much was your box of bits and where from?
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2013, 04:53 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So what size you going? 2.5" or 3"?

Also how much was your box of bits and where from?

2.5" all from JJC, good stuff...expensive ish but I liked the flared ends so it slots together well.

So got excited and put it together on the kitchen floor.

[Image: null_zps9df9cc7d.jpg]

Got a backbox in the shed that will do the job...its a little over to top for sleeper spec but I'll adapt it to keep it within means.

So got a collection of exhaust systems (all small really) but using as a pattern for the new one.

[Image: null_zps28ccff47.jpg]

You'll notice I'm a piece short, but found a bit in the corner of the shed with a nice 'kink' in it to go under the axle.

Bought myself a new grinder at the weekend so I could chop up some old exhausts for hanging mounts and flanges but unfortunately play was halted due to a 60 degree bend needed, could of bodged it, but the downpipe and back to the tank is looking nice so shame to spoil it.

Quite interested on what the sound is going to be like.
Thanks given by:
guna sound gorgeous
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I love the excitement of playing with exhausts!

Never know quite what you're going to get, but it will be epic Smile
Thanks given by:
You really can see how big it is compared to your current system.
Thanks given by:
What a project thread, read it all and...I so want that 206 Big Grin

Like more pics of the car though Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Bet mother was bledy going off the chain to get it off the kitchen floor!!

Though William I bet was loving the chronic pipe!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(14-10-2013, 12:00 PM)Piggy Wrote: guna sound gorgeous

(14-10-2013, 07:47 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: I love the excitement of playing with exhausts!

Never know quite what you're going to get, but it will be epic Smile

Haha, hopefully by the end of the week I hope to turn the key.

(14-10-2013, 08:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You really can see how big it is compared to your current system.

The 'original' or the one I put together really was disgusting when you get the new one next to it. the bend at the bottom of the downpipe is terrible. Nice sweeping bend now for those exhaust gases to race along.

(14-10-2013, 08:43 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: What a project thread, read it all and...I so want that 206 Big Grin

Like more pics of the car though Smile

Cheers, needs work on the inside but all in good time as it is a project. Just want it driving without any (well fewer) hiccups for a few weeks at least.

(14-10-2013, 08:55 PM)Ruan Wrote: Bet mother was bledy going off the chain to get it off the kitchen floor!!

Though William I bet was loving the chronic pipe!!

Mate, she was bouncing off the walls when she walked in. luckily it was clean. William said it would be put to better use on the county, but he's been very helpful in the fabrication of it so far. Shook his head at the rear box though Undecided

Current (bad quality) picture of the car off the ground

[Image: 2013-10-14202543_zpsa6df8e0e.jpg]

Possibly looking to go more along the route of a sleeper look. Considering the original (non fogs) front bumper, steel wheels with trims obviously and OEM mudflaps. Only thing that would be noticeable would be that its lower but I could say the suspension is clapped out...lol

We will see though - cheers for all comments
Thanks given by:
Are you using the rear box I suggested?

I hope the end is being lopped off and having a Ruan spec tip on it Wink
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2013, 10:24 AM)Ruan Wrote: Are you using the rear box I suggested?

I hope the end is being lopped off and having a Ruan spec tip on it Wink

yeah its the only free flowing thing I have, I would just run a pipe but would like a box there just in case of any issues.

Oh god yes, defo Ruan spec tip needed.
Thanks given by:
Leave the car on the alloys, looks like a half baked attempt to mod it.. Big Grin
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
[Image: null_zpsa02257cf.jpg]

[Image: null_zps3cf85c14.jpg]

Ready to jump out...
Thanks given by:
Coming out? What for? O:
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2013, 10:02 PM)Tom Wrote: Coming out? What for? O:

After fumbling over the vnt control fail I got pissed off so dropped the front end off and the fluids. All but ready to lift out Will be able to seal up my down pipe to the turbo properly then and also have a clutch to fit now. May tap some holes for EGT and EMP.
Thanks given by:
Good man!!!
Thanks given by:
I miss working late into the evenings on raping boost projects, Williams will be cussing when this is on boost again!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
From the number of times the engine has been in and out of this car I am now able to whistle at it, and it jumps out on it's own...

1 x empty bay

[Image: null_zps200fbda0.jpg]

1 x engine

[Image: null_zps07a43967.jpg]

1 x 1k mile old valeo clutch

[Image: null_zpscfb51cf0.jpg]

and while its in the shed on stands, sorting the wiring for more gauges

[Image: null_zpsf3a13b1c.jpg]

I have fixed the vnt control, hopefully no more issues there. Engine is ready to be lifted back in but just want to run some wiring while the engine is out. So hopefully lift the motor in tonight or tomorrow, bolt everything back up then finish the exhaust fabrication. By the weekend I want to hear the thing crank at least.
Thanks given by:
What have you changed, still on a boost can or gone electric?

What's the fascination about exhaust manifold pressure gauges atm? How are they useful?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 02:05 PM)silverzx Wrote: What have you changed, still on a boost can or gone electric?

What's the fascination about exhaust manifold pressure gauges atm? How are they useful?

Still a can. Just making it a touch more reliable (hopefully)

There is some science to it but I'm not 100% on that. Risks of high EMP, results in the turbo getting quite upset. It was advised to monitor what's going on with the VNT. So drilled and tapped the manifold for take offs. Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project FCS peugeot partner xud9 engine Jamieh2013 30 8,301 08-08-2015, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013