Thanks given by:
What is there to discuss?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Benefits, cost, value for money (lol)

Is it worth doing?

Stage 1 spins the wheel up enough!

Ive had wheel slip on a white line on a motorway in 5th when going for an overtake....
Thanks given by:
wasnt jammapic running this and then sold his?
Thanks given by:
buy better tyres? . . .Popcorn
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
obviously i know the benefits...

Wondering wether its worth saving the money for one...

(12-05-2013, 02:51 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: buy better tyres? . . .Popcorn

Brand new prada spec 2's... dont think it matters what tyres when youve got 290ftlbs! soon to be about 330...
Thanks given by:
Well that's up to you really isn't it?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I agree on the torkz front, Falken 912's were great on the GTi6 but are terrible on the estate, especialy first and second gear
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Might be something im going to get, needto shift a set of wheels first though!
Thanks given by:
Spec2's in the wet you say..... Hmm

Worth it if you can afford it, they do improve the drive a fair bit...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
IMO id LSD before going stage3 as wheelspin is huge on the HDis, gotta be a huge gain out of your typical 2nd/3rd gear corner.
Thanks given by:
Yeah exactly why im probably gonna do it dum. Will hold its money when i inevitably break the car!

What would you class stage 3! Im never sure where mine is lol!
Thanks given by:
Just shut your gob and buy it you army brat

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
*raf...
Thanks given by:
Yes you are part of the rif raf

Thanks given by:
what are you part of?
Thanks given by:
saxp Big Grin

Thanks given by:
so why dont you f*ck of?

<3
Thanks given by:
Fine!!!!!!!!!! gone

Thanks given by:
Prepare to f*ck all suspension components on a regular basis, including driveshafts...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Why? if its an ATB one it shouldnt have a major affect on things like that?
Thanks given by:
When the wheel with the least traction spins faster, it attempts to SLOW the wheel down and ACCELERATE the one with more traction - applying negative torque to one wheel and applying more torque to the wheel with more grip - essentially putting the torque across the driveshafts... Pulling all the suspension around...

If you thought 300lb.ft kills suspension components fast (Trust me, having a car with around that sorta torque, even good quality stuff dies fast), wait until you have an LSD in there!!!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
meh! theyre all consumables anyway! rather replace suspension components than tyres and suspension components
Thanks given by:
Oh it won't be any easier on the tyres...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
well it will.. otherwise their would be nopoint having it at all! Unless the torque is gonna smoke both the tyres up!
Thanks given by:
Well that depends on how you drive at the moment, if you keep your foot planted when the wheel is spinning then it will shred the tyre, yeah, but if you let off a bit so the tyre can regain grip and do it's job it won't be wearing the tyres that much more.

An open diff (like the standard 306 one) sends torque down the path of least resistance, ie to the tyre with least grip, hence why you'll usually spin the inside wheel up when booting it out of a corner. No grip effectively means no friction, low friction means low tyre wear. The LSD only allows a limited level of torque bias, ie forcing both tyres to work as best they can. This means if the wheels are going to spin they'll both do it, rather than just one. As one of the tyres will be doing it on a grippier surface, that tyre will suffer more wear that it did under the same conditions as before the lsd was fitted.

Chances are you'll also end up carrying more speed through corners and traveling faster before having to brake, therefore working the tyres harder again. The lsd is a performance upgrade dude, as such it'll make other components work harder.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Not to mention if you're driving hard enough to warrant the use of an lsd, and planting it out of corners, you'll be putting more lateral wear on the tyres anyway....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Im gonna see how i get on after this map im getting on the 6th... If its rediculous it might be getting done... two tyres of grip is gonna be better than one!

Could just get the standard diff welded up id imagine.... KIDDING!!
Thanks given by:
lol

Not saying you won't love it mate, just that if you reckon you'll save tyres you're deluding yourself! Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Id run one in a flash if it wasnt so expensive, trouble is everytime i look at the price of one I think of what else I could buy with the same money.

Ive never driven with one, but i weld them solid in field cars, and the difference is un real, so would have thought it would be an EPIC upgrade, given its physically impossible to launch a DT hard without just lighting the front end up and setting tyres on fire!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by: