chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)
You only ever asked me about the fitting of a pump, which is a ballache. And at any rate, when you were messaging me about it I hadn't got as far as worrying about a clutch.

Meh, 106owners don't know shit. It'll fit.

Even still, if you did it how i did it, 30 quid for parts, and then an hours labour for a welder. I'm lucky enough to have bought a welder for 15 quid on ebay
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
but personally I wouldn't have it migged...as you can get bits of weld/wire left in the pipe...which can with heat dislodge and end up in ya turbo!

good info that the fly fits tbough.

did you relocate the battery then sam?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah but if you look don't the pipe and take out the bits of shit left in, then it's fine, or, just don't be a spastic and weld it properly anyway. I'm a shit welder but i managed to not fill the inside of the pipe with shite.

Yeah, battery is bodged in the boot

Thanks given by:
Any chance of a pic of how your exhaust comes off turbo back to the original exhaust sam?

Checked it out at pugfest didn't see you tho lol

Think the main bit that is putting me off is how to fit the pump and time it up, cos how I look at it the Bosch won't fit the 106 bracket, I'm guessing the 306 Bosch bracket holes don't line up on the engine??

Thanks given by:
the bosch fits, its the timing issue that also would concern me
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 08:53 PM)Piggy Wrote: the bosch fits, its the timing issue that also would concern me

You say the Bosch fits, you mean the bracket fits to the engine?

Thanks given by:
Sure man, ill get a pic tomorrow, it's not ideal, i want a 106 gti sump so i can route it more like the gti does

The 306 Bosch fits to the bracket, just need nuts and bolts instead of stud and nuts. The timing is an issue as there are no marks, but compare it to the 306 and you get it close ish, then it's a case of trial an error. Took me a week. But i was pretty much a derv noob and didn't have a clue lol

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 09:00 PM)samass Wrote: Sure man, ill get a pic tomorrow, it's not ideal, i want a 106 gti sump so i can route it more like the gti does

The 306 Bosch fits to the bracket, just need nuts and bolts instead of stud and nuts. The timing is an issue as there are no marks, but compare it to the 306 and you get it close ish, then it's a case of trial an error. Took me a week. But i was pretty much a derv noob and didn't have a clue lol

Ok mate thanks, and might see if I can get a Bosch on then cos I need to do cambelt asap any way. How can I find out what fuel line is in and out on my lucus now? Also do the Bosch lines and injectors fit ok?

Thanks given by:
I can't remember which way round it is, easiest way is to disconnect them both, pump the priming bulb and see which ones piss fuel.

Injectors and lines don't fit, you'll have to bend the original Lucas lines to fit in the right order, just be careful you don't break them lol

Thanks given by:
so you running lucas injectors?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Correct. 106 Bosch ones are like 25 quid each on ebay

Thanks given by:
ouch. are the breaking pressures not different?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 10:03 PM)samass Wrote: Correct. 106 Bosch ones are like 25 quid each on ebay

lol the more we go in to it the more I'm surprised it runs Wink what are the brake pressures on the lucus injectors? Surely this brake pressure affects how it runs? What mpg you getting from it now it's turbo'ed?

Thanks given by:
f*ck knows, and f*ck knows. Fuel gauge is broke and im running veg, i did about 380 miles to about 30l tho, so work that out if you like lol

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 10:29 PM)samass Wrote: f*ck knows, and f*ck knows. Fuel gauge is broke and im running veg, i did about 380 miles to about 30l tho, so work that out if you like lol

Ohhh gonna stop asking questions before you tell me to piss off lol

All tho why did you take the oil line off a sandwich plate off the oil filter? There is the oil pressure sensor just above there and you can get a t-piece for that's my plan for the oil feed for the turbo, so I can put an oil cooler on to keep the temps low

Thanks given by:
Yeah i know lol, that's my plan to do for the second turbo, i just didn't think of it when I did it first time round haha

Pretty big learning experience for me to be fair, started out just making it up as i went a long, then got advice from various people along the way who had much better ideas then me lolz

Thanks given by:
(15-07-2013, 10:42 PM)samass Wrote: Yeah i know lol, that's my plan to do for the second turbo, i just didn't think of it when I did it first time round haha

Pretty big learning experience for me to be fair, started out just making it up as i went a long, then got advice from various people along the way who had much better ideas then me lolz

Lol! I've got it all planned in my head watching most of the stuff I need in my eBay but just scared to put it in to action Undecided defo gonna get a pump tho so I can swap it when I do belt change

Thanks given by:
Just man the f*ck up and buy it, buy it all!

Thanks given by:
too right
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Get it done I have a spare engine Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 01:31 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Get it done I have a spare engine Smile

Yours is the 1.4 tho and what I have read up about 1.4's they arnt very good.

I will start collecting bits I think see how I get on first thing is getting cambelt done cost a fortune fir full Kit £80 then like £25 for water pump, only paid £40 for the d turbo cambelt Kit

Thanks given by:
worth doing all that with the turbo or engine change.

I wouldnt panic...it needs doing but I have seen the 1.5d go well over 50k passed its cambelt due date
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So not much happening with this, Few weeks ago my water pump deiced it didn't like its bearings luckily manged to get it in garage before it actually fell to bits so its had full cambelt kit and water pump now.

Need to go over the suspension as got a few more rattles appearing also think i need to do brakes soon still toying with the upgrade to 266mm just so it easier to brake, but need to sort out a master cylinder to suit, but then i think i will need to either sort out brake compstor on rear axle or get a brake bias valve...... Not quite sure what to do yet.

Anyway looking at other wheels as bored of these wheels now and hate the fact i keep seeing more 106s/saxos with them on. SO whats your opinions on these guys???

[Image: 106green146photoshop_zpsa03f4db2.jpg]

on this photoshop its been lowered more, doubt i will lower it more than it already is tho as struggle on bumps now.

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
You don't *need* a bigger master cylinder with 266s btw, sure there is a bit more pedal travel, but it's not bad. I say get on with it.

Those wheels look the tits too Btw ThumbsUp

Thanks given by:
Ronal turbos are full of win
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet on Ronals!

You up for helping me fit FMIC one weekend?
Thanks given by:
always liked ronal turbos, good luck finding tthem in 4x108 though Sad almost all available sets ive ever come across have been in vag fitment
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I got a mastercylinder here you can have for beer tokens mate. Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-08-2013, 09:19 AM)samass Wrote: You don't *need* a bigger master cylinder with 266s btw, sure there is a bit more pedal travel, but it's not bad. I say get on with it.

Those wheels look the tits too Btw ThumbsUp

I think i got to much pedal travel now with standard brakes so think with 266 i wont like it at all prefer the more solid feel easier to use i think.

(03-08-2013, 10:07 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: Ronal turbos are full of win

(03-08-2013, 10:40 AM)MarkTD Wrote: Looks sweet on Ronals!

You up for helping me fit FMIC one weekend?

Depends what week end mate if its a weekend when the gf is at work then yer dont mind lending a hand, if she is off its a no go as im quite attached to my bollocks Wink lol drop me a message mate

(03-08-2013, 10:41 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: always liked ronal turbos, good luck finding tthem in 4x108 though Sad almost all available sets ive ever come across have been in vag fitment

Yer never seen them in 4x108 but looking at stud adapters look at some at the min

(03-08-2013, 01:30 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: I got a mastercylinder here you can have for beer tokens mate. Smile

I need four port bet yours is 2 port??

Thanks given by:
Ronal turbos have been done already on vag scene. Never been much of a fan of them look like the wheels on cheap toy cars
See if you can scout out something different, that the vag scene will copy you from then you can be all like "ppft oh vag you're so out of date" . That will ruffle their truffles something fierce
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,150 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 85,857 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,540 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013