chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;)
Good work mate. All ready for the turbo now Smile
Thanks given by:
get another bonnet and have it wrapped.
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2013, 01:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Good work mate. All ready for the turbo now Smile

Thanks mate turbo won't be happening for a while just get saving now hopefully can run veg oil

(14-09-2013, 02:00 PM)procta Wrote: get another bonnet and have it wrapped.

Might do but would rather try and keep the same colour

Thanks given by:
is the old bonnet damaged badly or can it be repaired.
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2013, 03:51 PM)procta Wrote: is the old bonnet damaged badly or can it be repaired.

Doubt it would be able to be repaired as corners had bent up, there is a few debts in it, not to sure tbh just gonna leave it as it is for now.

Thanks given by:
Couldn't believe about the bonnet! I was really expecting a smashed windscreen I'v hadn't been for those rivers breaking I think the windscreen would have took the full force of it
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
shame about the bonnet...but think about funds saved from now running veg!

how tough was getting the timing right?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Looking good Smile

I love how no-one seems that bothered when the bonnet flips, they just laugh lol
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2013, 06:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: shame about the bonnet...but think about funds saved from now running veg!

how tough was getting the timing right?

Was a right ball ache! But to be fair If I New to use the pump as 12o'clock instead of vertical off the floor as 12o'clock probably would have had it running yesterday, but you live and learn, Jenks always seems to fix my f**k ups lol so if in doubt ask Jenks Wink

@Jenks was very lucky, been busy tonight at work done about 50/70 mile and it's been bang on start first time every time, hardly any white smoke now just thick black smoke when I plant my foot Big Grin gonna get some veg in it tomorrow see how it goes

@bigceez it was funny at the time, bit annoyed now tho but it's not end of world, could have been alot worse Smile

Thanks given by:
Nice car... sell me your '6?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 08:34 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Nice car... sell me your '6?

Maybe £1,000,000? lol got a cylinder head on its way for it now so think i will be fixing it up but i am getting abit bored of seeing it on drive now lol

Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 09:06 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Maybe £1,000,000? lol got a cylinder head on its way for it now so think i will be fixing it up but i am getting abit bored of seeing it on drive now lol

Haha fair enough. :-) jjst let ms know!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 09:09 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(15-09-2013, 09:06 AM)Chris_90 Wrote:

Haha fair enough. :-) jjst let ms know!

Will do but be warned there's a que of people asking me to sell it dont no why tbh, but probably no body will want it when its for sale

Thanks given by:
So today gone out in car and had a puncture, come to swap wheels and found back axle is badly broken! Arb plate bolt has shaped and disappeared , and there is alot ALOT of play in the bearing Angry

So bonnet flipped/ puncture/ and broken axle so that's my 3 things!

FML!

Thanks given by:
Scrap then yeah....
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
how did you not feel that!!?

second hand beams are cheap...dont give up. good chance to get a disc rear beam...bet ya can find one ready lowered too. dont give up pal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 02:56 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Scrap then yeah....

As tempted as I am to scrap it no way not after how much ball ache fitting pump was!

(15-09-2013, 03:11 PM)Piggy Wrote: how did you not feel that!!?

second hand beams are cheap...dont give up. good chance to get a disc rear beam...bet ya can find one ready lowered too. dont give up pal

There has been a noise for a while just took no notice go with the rest of the rattles and creeks lol I won't give up no way! Looking at refurbished axles, but Gonna lift it back up to standard hight no more lowered cars as its killing me on bumps round hear just scrapped front pipe and sump again Angry so it's getting lifted think steels on though winter with the snow Tyres and xsi wheels in summer, not gonna look as good but going for something practical now.

Good news just picked up some filtered veg oil at 65p a liter so cheap motoring now, not sure if I'm gonna filter my own veg carnt be arsed with the dirty work

Thanks given by:
I meant the wishbones and driveshaft lol, answered above now.

Gutted at the bonnet going, interesting to see a low pressure area building on the leading edge at such low speeds though...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Slight bit of an update deiced seen as this is the first fine day in a while to give the car a quick wash, polish and wax.

[Image: 106green165_zpse6d1bfb1.jpg]
[Image: 106green162_zps00fdaf55.jpg]
[Image: 106green164_zps5006ba3d.jpg]

Currently rolling on xsi alloys on rear and 195/50/15 snow tyres up front (carnt use full lock as they scrape bad!) lol Thinking some spacers to bring them out abit so they dont scrape.

Also saw this on Facebook going fairly cheap so thought i would buy it so just start collecting bits for boost.
[Image: 106green166_zps5f3cd4a1.jpg]

Not quite sure if its gonna be any good as the pipes are 2.5 inch and intercooler is quite big but for what i paid willing to make it fit. See how it goes

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
Couple of updates snapped the front pipe yet agin this time think it was beyond repair so manged to get a mate to stick a bit of weld on it to hold it in place for last night and i bought a new one and fitted that looks abit better design with more support on the bottom of it.

[Image: 106green169_zpsfc987388.jpg]
[Image: 106green168_zps2f87d51d.jpg]

Also finally found a 16mm long reach socket so i could fit the new engine buffers (genuine pug part!)
[Image: 106green167_zpsf20ebbf6.jpg]

Feels alot tighter now with that sorted Smile

Having issues in a morning with the veg oil with up and down idle and cutting it it really dont like it once it cuts out it takes an age to get going again this is mixed as well with 13 liters of derv about 27 liters of veg. I have changed the fuel filter was abit better this morning but still cut out a few times. Any one no what could be causing it? once it warmed up runs drives fine for rest of day just the first 5/10mins in a morning.

Comments welcome Smile

Thanks given by:
that'll just be cold starting, give it a few cycles of the glowies, or hold it on the throttle for a bit. mines the same.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 09:45 AM)samass Wrote: that'll just be cold starting, give it a few cycles of the glowies, or hold it on the throttle for a bit. mines the same.

oh that simple i do try to hold the revs but dont fancy pissing the naiboughs off lol so soon as i start it i drive off but when i get to end of street it would cut out i tried left foot braking so i could keep the revs on but i ended up with whiplash lmao

Was thinking about a inline fuel heater?

Thanks given by:
yep, exactly the same as mine lol

two options really, firstly, f*ck the neighbours, or, just dont stop at the end of the street? lol

technically, its got one anyway, the fuel filter is on the side of the bloock and coolant runs around it to warm it up. could just raise the idle a bit so it doesnt dip so much when you lift off the trottle
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(24-09-2013, 09:51 AM)samass Wrote: yep, exactly the same as mine lol

two options really, firstly, f*ck the neighbours, or, just dont stop at the end of the street? lol

technically, its got one anyway, the fuel filter is on the side of the bloock and coolant runs around it to warm it up. could just raise the idle a bit so it doesnt dip so much when you lift off the trottle

lmao

Think I will raise the idle see how it goes glad your is same tho was starting to think something up with pump/car lol

Thanks given by:
Raise your cold idle a bit, should help at least.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Few updates,

a sticker (off tom306)

[Image: 106green173_zpsf14b3a70.jpg]

Relevant smoke patch on the grass Tongue

And was having issues with it dieing, found out it was air getting in past this o ring
[Image: 106green172_zps62a63f4d.jpg]

So put a new o ring on it, and i couldnt get it back in its way to tight, got stressed with it after about 30 seconds lol So just went and bought an inline filter the TT one.

First attempt
[Image: 106green170_zpsf95e27b6.jpg]

Didnt have any zip ties so used speaker wire Wink and relised after it was on the fan so went and bought some zip ties and removed the battery cover and did it like this

[Image: 106green171_zps132720dd.jpg]

Will do for now till i can be bothered to look in to fixing the propa housing, Note the in line heater (fuel pipe zip tied to the rad pipe) lmao

Coming soon b4 front shocks, ebiach springs, water temp gauge. and eventually new rear axle

Comments welcome

Thanks given by:
haha! starting to go down the route of Samass finishing skills!! Tongue

so long as it works eh...can tidy up later on. Those little o rings are a pain, common on the XUDs, I remove the stat piece (cut it in half) to allow the fuel to always be heated, then replaced O ring AND seal it in too!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-10-2013, 11:56 AM)Piggy Wrote: haha! starting to go down the route of Samass finishing skills!! Tongue

so long as it works eh...can tidy up later on. Those little o rings are a pain, common on the XUDs, I remove the stat piece (cut it in half) to allow the fuel to always be heated, then replaced O ring AND seal it in too!!!

It was Sam that gave me that idea lol! I was thinking about taking that thermostat thing out of the white plastic thing but didn't no if it's the ssame as on 306 cos had to block 306 thing off with a penny

Thanks given by:
yeah same principle I believe.

you have a PM by the way Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Gotta have a bit of love for the s1 106's, always had the s2
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 13,032 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Chris_90's citroen zx volcane The END Chris_90 309 84,793 29-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Chris_90
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,467 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013