30-70 times

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30-70 times
Dan! Wrote:Il get one in the Bora when I find out where I left my calendar.

It can't be that bad 30-70 surely? I know it takes a bit to get barges moving but 30-70 shouldn't be too hard for it......

Heres mine anyway..............shoulda started in 2nd I think!!

[Image: th_07122011.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm, its about the same as a standard HDi tbh, 10 more bhp and about 100kg extra weight. Was about 11 seconds when I timed it before, when I first got the car Smile
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:Hmm, its about the same as a standard HDi tbh, 10 more bhp and about 100kg extra weight. Was about 11 seconds when I timed it before, when I first got the car Smile

100kg extra? It's more than that lol!! According to parkers its 1427kg for the bora and only 1155kg for a HDi Meridian!! That must be a bloody heavy boot though.....even the golf only wieghs 1226kg!! :o

Think my vid times at about 7 or 8 seconds....wonder how quick it would be with 180bhp... ninja
Thanks given by:
Get modding then!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Get modding then!

Didn't you notice the - ninja - ? whistle
Thanks given by:
I did! But an trying to peer pressure you into it hsha.
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:I did! But an trying to peer pressure you into it hsha.

Haha...well it's working......damn you! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Dan! Wrote:Hmm, its about the same as a standard HDi tbh, 10 more bhp and about 100kg extra weight. Was about 11 seconds when I timed it before, when I first got the car Smile

100kg extra? It's more than that lol!! According to parkers its 1427kg for the bora and only 1155kg for a HDi Meridian!! That must be a bloody heavy boot though.....even the golf only wieghs 1226kg!! :o

Think my vid times at about 7 or 8 seconds....wonder how quick it would be with 180bhp... ninja

I have highlighted the problem with that post lol
Thanks given by:
According to parkers my mates 1.6 seat Ibiza is quicker then all 306's but the gti! Funnily enough it's quicker then a rallye?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:According to parkers my mates 1.6 seat Ibiza is quicker then all 306's but the gti! Funnily enough it's quicker then a rallye?

Wouldn't be hard as ibizas weigh nothing lol................. Tongue Even my golf is quicker than an XSi lol!! Edit - what? Rallye and gti should be the same 0-60!??

And Dan parkers isn't usually too far out. Wink Except for tax bands.....it says my car is £130 a year but I actually pay £115 a year lol. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
According to parkers... your spamming a videos thread...
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They aren't that light for only a 1.6. Mine only weighs 1045kg!

Sorry will stop now!
Thanks given by:
True 1way!

Also............not sure where you're looking Jim...but for me rallye and '6 is 8.5 secs and a 1.6 ibiza is 10.5.......
Thanks given by:
That's what my mate told me. Never been on the site!
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:That's what my mate told me. Never been on the site!

Never believe what your mates tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless it's just the guys that I know that constantly bullshit about stuff. lmao
Thanks given by:
Tooo.... much.... spam...
Thanks given by:
The shittest video in the world, I am aware. Reason being my dash dimmer is disconnected, as I forgot, and it's set to the dimmest setting. Sort of gives you an idea though...

[Image: th_VIDEO0033.jpg]

I'll get another one when I've sorted it and you can actually see where 70 is Smile
Thanks given by:
Here's a crap one of the Octavia...

[Image: th_IMG_0476.jpg]

The EML was still on, and it was absolutely pissing it down so I tried it with full throttle and the ESP on but that was really slow because the ESP cuts power long before wheelspin, then when I tried full throttle with no ESP it nearly torque-steered me into a ditch lol

So this is with the ESP off, on a wet road, probably 75-85% throttle in 2nd. I'll do a decent one later today if it stays dry Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
[Image: th_vnt3070.jpg]

I think I timed about 5.3 seconds? But you hear at the start the clutch slips when I mat the throttle low down...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, you're about right, its between 5 and 6 seconds........how many bhp'z do you have in that now? Smile
Thanks given by:
Dunno, need to get it dynoed...

I rekon that'd be down to 5.1-5.2 or so seconds if the clutch didn't slip and I have to lift to get it to grip again.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Dunno, need to get it dynoed...

I rekon that'd be down to 5.1-5.2 or so seconds if the clutch didn't slip and I have to lift to get it to grip again.

Fair enough, looks pretty quick anyway. Are you gonna try an uprated clutch? (unless you're on one already!)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, would like to tbh... Just whether I bother with an uprated cover too, or whether I just roll with a stock cover.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:Yeah, would like to tbh... Just whether I bother with an uprated cover too, or whether I just roll with a stock cover.

Obviously you know more than me about this, but if you can afford to I'd probably go with uprated cover too........it'll be pretty annoying if you spend hours removing and reffiting the 'box and then you find that it still can't take the torque with the standard cover. :think:
Thanks given by:
Was that all done in 3rd Ruan?
Thanks given by:
good effort ruan! Pulls well!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, all one gear.

It may be quicker to do 2nd and 3rd, but decided that was enough raping of my clutch for one evening.
Thanks given by:
Haha i tried a 2nd and 3rd pull and third was better for me anyway
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Ruan Wrote:Yeah, would like to tbh... Just whether I bother with an uprated cover too, or whether I just roll with a stock cover.

Obviously you know more than me about this, but if you can afford to I'd probably go with uprated cover too........it'll be pretty annoying if you spend hours removing and reffiting the 'box and then you find that it still can't take the torque with the standard cover. :think:

Well - thing is, uprated cover will piss me off severely... I hate a really heavy clutch, and a heavy clutch combined with a bitey clutch is an irritating combo. I can have one or the other, not both.

We've kinda proved that the uprated friction plates will hold a SERIOUS amount of torque, and mine really only just slips now, so an uprated pressure plate I don't really mind... A HEAVY clutch will piss me off, as I know it'll really stress out the clutch cable and the plastic bits on it... Might just go for the very slightly stronger Mi16/S16 cover, and be done with it.

4Way: I found on a T2/K14 2 gears is faster if you can change quick enough... I got mine down to about 6.3 seconds with a 2 gear pull... Your car should be very similar to mine, it's pretty much the same setup, identical pumps, near enough identical turbos...

The VNT is odd if you mat it at high RPMs, past about 3700rpm if you just suddenly mash it down, it goes a bit nuts and tends to overboost then suddenly underboost, then when you change gear it'll overboost and surge like hell... It's just one of the things that's a pain with it, it's down to the controller not being set up, if I had the proper controller it'd be fine, but I CBA to do it atm... So all one gear pulls are a good thing tbh, probably with the excessive torque from 2k+, it'd be quicker anyway, seen as it's got more guts from 1800rpm than a T2, but then past 3k it just keeps going...
Thanks given by: