205 td shed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 td shed
so finally bagged a shed of a 205 - picked it up for grand sum of £205 last night around 9 o'clock

Had to trailer home due to no tax or insurance, which was fun.

some pics from this morning

[Image: IMG_20130211_085456.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130211_085404.jpg]

bits that actualy need fixing are power steering has an issue, I think this is the pump, its got fluid so hoping just replace the pump, front wing is dented, might fix this, general clean up and service.
oh and the gear change rods need replacing, is a bit funky on first/reverse but actual change is fine, so can't be much

its got 103k on it so barely run in, although I'm guessing its going to need full overhaul on suspension bushes etc as its been a run about and not someones pride and joy.

plans tidy it up a bit and tune it up a bit and enjoy some fun cheap motoring Smile
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
There a lot of love going around for 205s at the moment. I love them!

Turbo diesel lump in it?
Thanks given by:
I've wanted one for a while, or just something a bit older and diesel.

yup 1.8 turbo diesel is in there already, so that can stay for a while and then I'm sure at some point a 1.9 will go, can't wait for the weekend to get fettling Smile
Thanks given by:
Ideal. They are little pocket rockets even with that engine
Thanks given by:
Atleast its a 3dr DT . Youd have to be a right numpty to buy a 5 dr NAD lmao

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Hehe, Knew you wouldnt be able to keep your hands away with the fuel of god for long.

Dont be afraid to use workshop / tools over here if you need chap Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 01:30 PM)puglove Wrote: Atleast its a 3dr DT . Youd have to be a right numpty to buy a 5 dr NAD lmao

Lmfao lmao ill be keeping an eye on this Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 01:30 PM)puglove Wrote: Atleast its a 3dr DT . Youd have to be a right numpty to buy a 5 dr NAD lmao
lol 3 door ftw :p

(11-02-2013, 01:38 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Hehe, Knew you wouldnt be able to keep your hands away with the fuel of god for long.

Dont be afraid to use workshop / tools over here if you need chap Smile

do love my gti but hate the fact I have to ring its neck to get it to go anywhere, also its not a ph1, and it costs a small fortune everytime I put my foot down
sound cheers Darren, legend, meaning to come round for a while just worried I wouldn't have been able to afford it in the gti Big Grin
Thanks given by:
another 205! not a bad thing, however this site ought to be renamed 511oc.co.uk (306+205)
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cherry red 205, I-DEAL!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I love the fact that with a gti6, before going somwhere, you acaully have to consider if you can afford to go there lol!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Another one! Yay!

The PAS pumps are generally shite and your probably better off removing the PA stuff and running the a de-PAS rack. It's not heavy at all on 185 and under tyres.
I'm not 100% what you mean by funky gear changes but I know they commonly wear out on the gear stick bushes and linkage arm bushes, they are little plastic bushes which are wank. I recently changed my gearstick to a compbrake one with solid bronze bushes and solid linkages and that transformed the whole gear change, deffinetly worth the £90 I spent on it. You could probably get away with just some bronze linkage bushes which can be found on ebay and some solid linkages.

So what are the plans for it?
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Good to see you back in a Derv Joe. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2013, 05:31 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Another one! Yay!

The PAS pumps are generally shite and your probably better off removing the PA stuff and running the a de-PAS rack. It's not heavy at all on 185 and under tyres.
I'm not 100% what you mean by funky gear changes but I know they commonly wear out on the gear stick bushes and linkage arm bushes, they are little plastic bushes which are wank. I recently changed my gearstick to a compbrake one with solid bronze bushes and solid linkages and that transformed the whole gear change, deffinetly worth the £90 I spent on it. You could probably get away with just some bronze linkage bushes which can be found on ebay and some solid linkages.

So what are the plans for it?

I reckon it'd be cheaper to replace the pump, can get one pretty cheap I reckon.

I reckon its the gear stick bushes like you mention, and the linkage bushes, it feels like theres a lot of slop where it should be nice new rubber bush. I've got a compbrake short shift I've been meaning to fit to the 306, think they're the same are they not?

hmm plans I'm still not sure, general tidy up outside, 1.9 wheels and gti bumpers/trim, sort suspension. engine wise start with bosch/tune and fmic but who knows
Thanks given by:
No, it's cheap to de PAS as it costs nothing Rofl

Good way to tell is to pull the gear nob up and down (in before Samass) mine had a lot of play but now has none. I still need to do the fork bushes though.
The 306 s/shift won't fit by the way.
You can FMIC the 1.8, it will require a cam which has the vac bolted to the end of it like most other XUD's and PAS removed as its all ran off the pulley off the cam. Then you can chuck on a better mani.

I still have my old pump if you need one, they are pretty hard to come by as far as I'm aware of.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
just been having a google around and seen they're different on the short shifter, guess that will go on the gti then.
Nice one for the info, will go have a look see how much up down play its got, definitley more than it should have side to side, but its old everything is a bit tired atm

just had a pull on me shaft and not a lot of up down movement, seems pretty well connected, but left right forwards backwards feels like its got too much play before it actuallly connects will get it up on the ramps at the weekend and have a gander underneath
Thanks given by:
been making a start stripping it back have an investigate.

air filter is so bad, think it might be original Smile

radiators like new though, suspension set up has gti style wishbones, and looked at the prices of power steering pumps think thats getting sacked off!!
Thanks given by:
Just put 306 xud pas pump on it?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
not sure there will be room up the front for it, or you mean fit it where the 205 original goes? as it happens I've got a 306 one in my caravan of parts
Thanks given by:
you dont need power steering on a 205, its what makes them so responsive to drive Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
had a little play today and it was well in need of a good service ......

[Image: IMG_20130216_172116.jpg]

think its in need of a cam belt change too

[Image: IMG_20130216_172252.jpg]

I can't say what mileage its on now as after checking online mot it seems to go up to 105k then back down to 100k then back up and down over the past few years mots Smile

went to scrappy but couldn't find any bosch pumps Sad next weekend
Thanks given by:
Definite potential, looking forward to seeing this in June Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Will have to get it insured by then Smile

Just acquired a few more bits on eBay.
Thanks given by:
£1.24 on ebay Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20130219_084204.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20130219_084250.jpg]

little ripped and missing a rear head rest but don't even know if the rears will fit yet, the fronts I'll make fit though, welder + angle grinder + more welder should do the job
Thanks given by:
that sir....was a gift. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I think the back seats will actually fit with a bit of fabrication, basically the same size
Thanks given by:
I'm sure that's the same interior I had in my 106 GTI...
Thanks given by:
you sir would be correct, 106 gti interior.

not a simple fit, but it will fit!!
Thanks given by:
Can't see why it wouldn't, but if it won't and I get this VTR I'll have it off you Wink
Thanks given by:
different mounting points for the back and 106 is slightly thinner. and also the split is in a different place.

completely different runners in a 106 to a 205 for front seats also, 106 are similar to 306 (one on the side and lower and one flat) 205 are both flat.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  D-Shed mspdan 5 1,430 31-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Tom