White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White phase 1, now with added truck turbo and massive head gasket failure
(20-12-2012, 07:16 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: not at the moment sorry, give wye valley metals a call, i scrapped a 405 d turbo a few months ago that had a bosch pump, its likely theyl have it still as they break pretty much every car that goes in

ahh good my mate use to work there so may pop down after xmas..
Thanks given by:
ahh good my mate use to work there so may pop down after xmas..
[/quote]

if your up for a meet, theres a load of us going for a rolling road day on 26th january. check out midlands meet in the meets section
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2012, 07:46 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: ahh good my mate use to work there so may pop down after xmas..

if your up for a meet, theres a load of us going for a rolling road day on 26th january. check out midlands meet in the meets section
[/quote]

cool will do if i can as ive got a bosh pump 200 mile round trip and t2 to go on for now ad front inter cooler aparter ready for £100 lol
Thanks given by:
Did you ever get the serial number from the turbo so people could see what it is? :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(21-12-2012, 10:47 PM)Tom Wrote: Did you ever get the serial number from the turbo so people could see what it is? :p

The turbo is a Holset 3590506 with manual wastegate
Its from a MAN L2000 series lorry, 6.8 liter 6 pot engine
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I've actually driven one of them MAN L200 wagons from Workington to Swindon and boy do they shift - that was about 8 years ago and it wasn't restricted - I remember flying down the M6 @85 in this 7.5tonne unladen weight flat bed - as it was plated up to 11.5 t laden
We had special dispensation to drive them from DVLA as we were on trade plates as we weren't using them for commercial purposes just to move them from a-b and not carrying goods - should of seen the looks we got from the other lorry drivers at 4am in the morning as we went bowling past them flol.
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 04:46 PM)ash240970 Wrote: I've actually driven one of them MAN L200 wagons from Workington to Swindon and boy do they shift - that was about 8 years ago and it wasn't restricted - I remember flying down the M6 @85 in this 7.5tonne unladen weight flat bed - as it was plated up to 11.5 t laden
We had special dispensation to drive them from DVLA as we were on trade plates as we weren't using them for commercial purposes just to move them from a-b and not carrying goods - should of seen the looks we got from the other lorry drivers at 4am in the morning as we went bowling past them flol.

hahaha, sounds fun, flatbeds are pretty awesome with no weight over the back, the looks you get from people when your drifting a hired car transporter around roundabouts is priceless lmao
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was fun - full tanks if diesel, no tacho, no limiter, and no weight, 5 of us in convoy from Kennings car van and truck rental(now called Sixty) back to the supplying MAN dealers in Swindon. (MOD contract expired and not renewed). All we were told was they had to be in Swindon before 12 that day. Now if you've ever been to Swindon and encountered the magic roundabout system in a LWB wagon you'll know that its best to just sound your horn and keep going and make a straight line lol.
Thanks given by:
Just so you can visualize the sort of thing the turbo was fitted to before it ended up in a 306 Smile

[Image: zako-zvstrecha-spoiler-l2000800800_zps48b4a6b0.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
hi again posted on the meet forum i am interested is it still going on no ones replied to me as of yet hopefully picking up discs and pads tomorrow and sorting out my front caliper.. oh BTW if you need any mini bits i know the man you want to see Smile i can get you pretty much anything Smile
Thanks given by:
That's a hx40!! Wtf dude, that's massssssivee! How the fk are you even spooling that?! Even with a twin entry.. This is in serious need of compounding, chronic revs and a forged block. Shiiit, you mad man Big Grin
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
It spools up in about the same time as the stock turbo, but yeah like you said, im babying it around everywhere only running about 21psi in fear that itl destroy the engine if i rag it haha. saving up for heavy reinforcement before seeing what shel do, the turbo is rated upto 40psi Big Grin
the boost comes all in one go, you hear it spooling up then BAM, 21psi, change gear quick haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Hate to say it, there's NO way that's a HX40W....

A 3.0 6cyl STRUGGLES to spool a HX35 by around 4000rpm.... Doesn't look anything like as big as a HX40 either...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Il take a picture of the serial number 2moz to clear this up, but your right ruan, not as big as a hx40. it is quite a strange turbo though in my opinion, never seen one like it since. its got a fairly large snail but a massive hotside. only thing i can say for certain now without having the serial number in front of me is that it came from a man le2000 lorry.
heres the list of turbos fitted to the range
http://en.turbolader.net/turbochargers/M...arger.aspx
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
According to the above part no 3590506, it is

http://www.turbomaster.info/eng/search.p...referencia
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Got a present from UPS today, dropping bumper off to paint along with fibreglass bonnet
[Image: IMAG0533_zps86e59eb9.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So bored of not having the car on the road, miss boost so badly.
just gotta wait for payday so national windscreens can finish the job off, also waiting on royal fail for my new bonnet pins so i can crack on with that.
other jobs on the to do list while im waiting for payday:
fit and wire in new rear light clusters
set about deleting sunroof
de wiper the boot lid
make new on-wiper washer jets as bonnet mounted ones aren't an option now due to lift off fibreglass bonnet
get bonnet and new bumper sprayed white.

should keep me occupied for now Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(22-12-2012, 04:34 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: The turbo is a Holset 3590506 with manual wastegate
Its from a MAN L2000 series lorry, 6.8 liter 6 pot engine
Im guessing that the 35 at the start of the number is the frame size and so its a HX35

(23-12-2012, 10:23 PM)Ruan Wrote: Hate to say it, there's NO way that's a HX40W....

A 3.0 6cyl STRUGGLES to spool a HX35 by around 4000rpm.... Doesn't look anything like as big as a HX40 either...

The HX number is a frame/core size to which you can add any compressor wheel and housing combos you want. Some of the HX35 stuff is barely any bigger than T2 size so its possible.
Thanks given by:
yes, thats a good point Smile
all the lorry engines ive seen do seem to have very mix and match turbos, even two trucks same year and model can have completly different sized turbos so i guess its much the same as peugeot with the kkk/garrett differences but i guess trucks vary on application i.e. load sizes etc
and a google search of hx35 images look right Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
There's a firm on eBay that does aero wipers with washer jets built in and they're based in Malvern - it's where I got mine from but they don't advertise them for the 306 you have to state the model of car and they send the correct length.
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2012, 01:27 PM)ash240970 Wrote: There's a firm on eBay that does aero wipers with washer jets built in and they're based in Malvern - it's where I got mine from but they don't advertise them for the 306 you have to state the model of car and they send the correct length.

sweet, that would be helpful, at the moment i was considering just cable tying a length of pipe with holes drilled in it to each wiper, but aeroblades with built in ones would look much better lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Decided to give the pug some lovin' today after a fresh wave of motivation from a trip up to see ash23 to buy some bits off him, started with de-wipering the back, looks way better in my opinion
[Image: IMAG0545_zps8cb0dc63.jpg]

also took out the boot lock as it was seized, took it apart and greased it all up again, works a treat just gonna paint it before i put it back in as its faded and looks gash

picked up a new steering wheel, got that fitted along with some zx_volcane style gauge overkill Smile just gotta make up a mount for a couple then wire them all in. Getting up early 2moz for a full day of 306
[Image: IMAG0548_zpsb679010a.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So much love for this..
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
where did you get your bonnet from chap?!

Ps the HX35 map shows that its almost twiddling its thumbs at 20psi....but theres no way a standard xud will cope with 40psi!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
hunted around on the '6 forum for it, nightmare trying to find a fibreglass phase 1 bonnet but waiting paid off Smile
i had a read of that thread on turbo maps, interesting stuff. not gonna be pushing the boundries of the engine until it gets some forged rods though otherwise it would have been alot of long nights and money for nothing.
picked up some forged headstuds yesterday though, gotta start somewhere Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Your bonnet got mounting points or 4 pins?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 09:24 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Your bonnet got mounting points or 4 pins?

4 pins mate, bought some nice shiny new ones. Just gotta make a bracket to mount the pegs to
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Were did you get your turbo manifild from, I went to maniflow and the quoted me £1800 including the down pipe Sad
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 12:25 PM)sam Wrote: Were did you get your turbo manifild from, I went to maniflow and the quoted me £1800 including the down pipe Sad

All home made mate, well after hours at work lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2012, 12:25 PM)sam Wrote: Were did you get your turbo manifild from, I went to maniflow and the quoted me £1800 including the down pipe Sad

Good god! Birk said he could make one for a few hundred!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 193,425 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,979 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,972 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto