Paul's estate mk2 - air intake on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul's estate mk2 - air intake on
1920ag iirc, haven't got the facilities to check as i'm on holiday.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Cheers bud

That's the code for the MAF sensor
Thanks given by:
1920GW
Thanks given by:
fuel pressure sensor from a 1.6 HDI (part number 1920GW)
Thanks given by:
Found it

Any body know how much they are from pug?
Thanks given by:
Listed as £76.94 inc VAT on Servicebox
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ouch

Hoping it would be cheaper than that.
I'm guessing looking at pictures they're located on the back of the engine in a bastard position on the 1.6 hdi
Thanks given by:
genuine one here on ebay from a dealer at £60.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITROE...3aaf671bf7
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant cheers!
Thanks given by:
Damn, so close lol, sorry. Glad you found a cheaper one, think i paid nearly £90 a couple of years ago. :S
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No real need for the 1800 bar sensor, 1500 is well enough for 200 HP and all you will achieve is wear on the HP pump and injectors
Thanks given by:
But I've heard different opinions saying you'll increase duration times and start melting pistons if you don't use the 1800 bar sensor
Thanks given by:
There is time to get in enough fuel at 1500 bar with a good pump, 1800 puts alot of strain on the injection system and generates alot of heat. I think like the 6 bar oil spring idea it was thought good at first but was found to be a bad idea overall.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't like to request the CR system to run at 1500bar with a sensor that can only read up to 1500bar - the control system is going to have serious problems if you're attempting to run 1500bar with a 1500bar sensor and you get any overpressure - it cannot control it. The 1800bar sensor doesn't mean you MUST run 1800bar pressure - it just gives you the overhead, sure you drop resolution, but IMHO it's not a gigantic issue.

IMHO 1650bar is the absolute max the CP1S pump should be running, otherwise, yes, heating of the fuel will be a real issue as will wearing the crap out the pump.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
guess the DV6 runs at a higher pressure if its from one of them ?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
The 1.6 runs a higher max pressure, but it uses a Gen2 CR system which uses the CP1H pump which is designed for up to 1600bar operation, hence requiring the 1800bar sensor, it uses low-pressure side regulation and from what I've seen is closer in design to the CP3 series pumps, the entire system is designed to support 1600bar operation - the Gen1 system will just about do 1600bar, but you have to be prepared for a shorter pump life and increased fuel heating.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Well she has another years ticket on it!
Mot man was lovely and lenient Wink

Gone for a hdi tuning map and 1800 bar sensor, I had a map tweak without the sensor and it's not driving right and smoking like crazy

Alternator has been playing up as well, the light has been coming on when on idle and goes when revved.

Looks like a delightful job to change. I'm going to get rid of the AC pump when I do it
Thanks given by:
Just about to load up the hdi tuning map Smile
Thanks given by:
And bloody impressed with the results!
Thanks given by:
Sounds good, any photos or videos of how well it goes since the tweak? Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll get one in a bit.

Talking the AC pump off this morning and replacing the belt ready for the alternator change
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMG-20150906-WA0015_zpshzcofuhz.jpeg]

Bit of weight saving, the bearings were knackered on the AC pump so lucky I removed it!

[Image: Screenshot_2015-09-06-10-28-22_zpsqanhhxfi.png]

Went for this in the end, engine is so much quieter ticking over now

[Image: 20150906_165304_zpsgxbbvlmz.jpg]

Also had to get a puncture fixed this morning... Joy
Thanks given by:
So how does it go with the new map?
Thanks given by:
Much faster and hardly smokes at all
Thanks given by:
Aircon pump etc weigh a fair chunk? Feel any quicker after removing it?
Thanks given by:
Hope that this is the end to it cutting out , used to drive me insane when mine did it !
Cherry red 205 XUD VNT - Project thread here http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=25522
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2015, 05:38 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: Much faster and hardly smokes at all

Excellent!
Thanks given by:
Glad this is finally sorted! Smile

Re AC pump, it's surprisingly heavy (around 5kg at a guess) but not noticeable after removal. Makes oil changes easier though. lol
Thanks given by:
Ah sweet Tom, not worth doing as an odd job then. Bet it does make them easier, know that from experience of the thing being a bit in the way lol
Thanks given by:
Alternator is starting to worry me, need to replace it when I get back asap.
Bit worried it's not going to get me back from Cornwall.
Light keeps coming on at low revs, goes when it's revved above 2-3k.
It's doing cracking mpg! Interested to see what it does
Thanks given by: