Toms306s Project - Fodge!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s Project - Fodge!
Brown? You're as bad as clarkson with that 'brown' c'eed lol.......I suppose diablo is brown too. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I have to say tom that I agree with him, its a Rover painted a horrendous colour and made worse by painting the wheels the same colour lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:I have to say tom that I agree with him, its a Rover painted a horrendous colour and made worse by painting the wheels the same colour lmao

Its still not brown though lol
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:i cant understand battery's, i can listen to loud music with my sub for over an hour and my car will start fine, but sams for example dies so quick

lol?!

Maybe your battery is good / good condition and his is fooked?!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Its still not brown though lol

It's shit though, and shit is brown so that's close enough for me Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toms306 Wrote:Its still not brown though lol

It's shit though, and shit is brown so that's close enough for me Tongue

If you say so lmao
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I'm still not sure about these wishbone bushes!

Heres a quick vid I took, car is jacked up, is this normal movement or are they shagged?? :think:

[Image: th_Service040.jpg]

Proving I can use stands. Tongue

[Image: Service031.jpg]

Also, those of you that said I wouldn't lose much diesel changing the filter...... :o Must be a quids worth there!! (The black is a dribble of oil left in the bowl btw lol)

[Image: Service029.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I take it the boost gauge arrived? Smile

Ps. Your mums bf's focus indicators are upside down on the rover..
Thanks given by:
JJ0063 Wrote:I take it the boost gauge arrived? Smile

Ps. Your mums bf's focus indicators are upside down on the rover..

Yes it did mate, didnt I pm you when it got here lol?? :oops:

Haven't put it in yet though as I cant find anywhere suitable, was hoping to butcher a vent for it but wont fit lol. Sad So looks like I'll have to get a pillar pod I think.... :think:
Thanks given by:
It's browner than I like my cars so it's brown in my eyes lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:It's browner than I like my cars so it's brown in my eyes lmao

Haha, well China is obviously best. Wink
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
declantg Wrote:i cant understand battery's, i can listen to loud music with my sub for over an hour and my car will start fine, but sams for example dies so quick

lol?!

yep I can listen to music for about 10 minutes and then its flat :cry: I'd say it's fooked!

going well tom. I've got a use for the tow bar now so that'll be staying! Still wish it could be hidden. Get on fb to me sometime. 1.8 needs a service! I'll do the sump plug this time :roll:
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:
darrenjlobb Wrote:lol?!

yep I can listen to music for about 10 minutes and then its flat :cry: I'd say it's fooked!

going well tom. I've got a use for the tow bar now so that'll be staying! Still wish it could be hidden. Get on fb to me sometime. 1.8 needs a service! I'll do the sump plug this time :roll:

Yeah, as fugly as towbars are, they ate really useful, ive used mine every day since fitting it so far lol.

Haha, I have to recheck the dump plugs like 5 times after each oil change now after your one! :roll:

I 'think' yours was cross threaded from the previous service though, cos it was q right bastard to get out if you remember and would explain why it didn't hold well I guess.
Thanks given by:
How is this 6 pages and youve basically done sod all to it?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Niall Wrote:How is this 6 pages and youve basically done sod all to it?

I've done a lot more than is on here though. Similar to your and grants project, this is also a bit ninja lol. Wink
Thanks given by:
Yep but mine is documented in 6 pages from start to finish. You have serviced it, fitted some boost hoses and fitted a towbar....oh and it's a golf....on a 306 forum.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Oh, also just thought....bit of a bargain this morning, shoulder pads for 75p each....wanted some vw ones but they're like 8 quid a pair and I can't keep using the Pug ones really Haha.....
[attachment=0]

Also, mime is documented on my pc, not revealing until its finished and .I've got the RR results though. ninja

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Btw...did any of you mechanic people have a look at the vid up there? I don't want to change them unnecessarily...but if they're dangerous I obviously don't want to keep driving on them until they completely break....?
Thanks given by:
Quick update on this....someones broken thier DMF.... :roll:

Anyway, I'm getting proper quotes for this tomorow, and thinking about an uprated clutch too dependant on price....well I say that, but if the DMF alone costs too much then I'll think about selling up.

But anyway, for now I'm liking the mpgs! Big Grin

[Image: carnans22412037.jpg]

And I finally got round to the catch tank lol....

[Image: carnans22412097.jpg]

Oh.....and the brick I'd used as a chock was really useful yesterday! lmao

[Image: carnans22412099.jpg]

As some of you know I broke the studs on the turbo, so I'm getting new studs on tuesday and will be fitting the decat then too. :8)

Thats all for now. ninja
Thanks given by:
Sooooo...most of you know I've broke the turbo! Sad

I was gonna get the Dyno resluts before revealing my project but not sure when thatll get done now so might as well show you what ive done lol.

Mods -

Bigger SMIC
EGR delete
1.8t pancake pipe
Silicone/alloy boost pipes
Decat
180 remap
Oil catch tank

To do -

Clutch/DMF
150 turbo (or bigger :think: )
Boost guage
2 tyres

So heres a few pics, and a vid of the intake side of things, and then a 30-70 (might be sound on it, not sure!!)

[Image: GolfSMICWheel130.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0186.jpg]

[Image: th_Carandstuff23312842.jpg]

[Image: th_carnans22412061.jpg]

Sure its not the fastest or best installation...but I have done it all myself so far. Smile
Thanks given by:
I like where its going and the thought you have put into it Smile looks good so far, keep it up! things break, just fit something better and carry on Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Looks good mate. Nice to see you putting some effort onto this one Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Heh, yeah I'm keeping it going for now.....money permitting! Big Grin

I must admit, I keep thinking about selling it and going for something standard for reliabilty.....but then I think what could I get on my budget with 180bhp that does 60mpg average and costss £130 a year to tax....and can't think of anything. :?

Oh, lowering shocks and springs may be heading towards the golf while its off the road too. Wink Only 40mm or so though.
Thanks given by:
Are the shocks and springs realated to the fact that they handle like a boat?? lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Are the shocks and springs realated to the fact that they handle like a boat?? lol

Yes. Wink

But after driving the 106.....the golf handling doesnt seem so bad. lol

Although tbh, I easily kept up with my mate a couple of weeks back on the B roads....he's got an xs with a gti beam! :o
Thanks given by:
The hoses on your oil catch tank look restrictive?

Also, oil catch tanks are for high-revving engines which occasionally let a bit of oil through. How high does the diesel rev in this thing exactly?!

Finally, those shoulder pads might well be comfortable but they are not always safe in an accident, whilst also making your car look like a pensioner-mobile...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
anymore luck on getting a turbo for it tom?
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:The hoses on your oil catch tank look restrictive?

Also, oil catch tanks are for high-revving engines which occasionally let a bit of oil through. How high does the diesel rev in this thing exactly?!

Finally, those shoulder pads might well be comfortable but they are not always safe in an accident, whilst also making your car look like a pensioner-mobile...

Oil catch tanks are for any engine that dumps oil into the intake lol.....the PD chucks shit loads through, just like the TU.....you don't have to be hitting VTEC RPMs to need a catch tank.

Yes the hoses have been re-routed since that pic, the'yre only restrictive where they were kinked.

And I'm not exactly worried about having an accident in the golf lol (well not that sort anyway! :? )........the golfs probably safer than the NAD anyway.... Tongue lol

procta Wrote:anymore luck on getting a turbo for it tom?

No...they're like rocking horse shit!

I found a broken one (big non repairable crack) for £200. Confusedhock: And brand new one, with 10% discount for £700. :?

Tbh I'm thinking about selling the golf for something else now, no idea what yet, but it doesn't seem financially viable or justifyable to fix the turbo and DMF now.
Thanks given by:
can you not get a reconned unit?
also have a look on here
http://www.ne-motorsalvage.co.uk/pages/ ... mit=Browse
or give them a call.
if your not sorted then id call it a day too with the golf.
Thanks given by:
c.a.r. Wrote:The hoses on your oil catch tank look restrictive?

Turbocharged engines are terrible for chucking out shedloads of breather gasses - understandable as you have pressure on the piston rings for 99% of the time - on an NA you have a fair amount of time where they're not under pressure during induction, not to mention the compression ratio of a Diesel... You'll usually find that on a Turbocharged diesel engines, if you adjust ANY of the stock breather system, it'll end up just spewing oil breather gas from everywhere, popping up it's dipstick rather than catching any of it in the catch tank.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Toms306s "Bit Of A 'State" Toms306 227 87,940 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191