Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft
Clutch is but turbo is delayed. Waiting on 1 silicone bend. FML...

Ninja battery though!!

[Image: img20121213140914.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tidy install that pal. I haven't removed air con so it was a lil more awkward for me!! Well my routing different anyway.

This is going to be a lil weapon tho. You got your stage 2 maps ready...

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
What's in the box....

[Image: img20121213160658.jpg]

Tada!

[Image: img20121213160546.jpg]

Will carpet it over and nail it together. Will look half decent once its finished!

Bit of speed tape to secure it temporarily...

[Image: img20121213161747.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ive just got back to my room.

didnt manage to get the turbo fitted as a we didnt have time and b the next day delivery failed. Angry phone call tomorrow!

The intercooler is all connected up apart from obviously the lower pipes and the inlet elbow.
Battery relocated to boot.
Lightweight crank shaft pulley fitted, along with new belt and A/C removal.
Clutch fitted - My god! Will get some taking used too! Ive got 2 options with it really.... on or off! Its good when changing gear at speed, but hill starts/traffic will be a problem, but the car isnt really used in towns unless im going shopping.

CANT WAIT FOR BOOST! Was absolutely gutted today tbf, but what will be will be, something to look forward to in the new year i spose, along with cambelt and water pump...

Massive thanks to KrisB too. Top fella and had a good laugh even though it was a shit day! Cheers again Kris n see you at ace!
Thanks given by:
Got busy tonight!

Carpeted my box. Just need to nail it together and it'll be sorted!

[Image: img20121213215805.jpg]

Rags to riches style!

Oh... and that knocking from my exhaust was actually my lower brace hitting my lower engine mount! Facepalm moment!!

Lower brace removed till kris can get the bottom mount of and mod it!
Thanks given by:
You know this lower mount we're fitting is gonna be worse than when your mount caught the lower brace. Trust me, you're gonna spend the rest of your days with this car trying to find annoying rattles...
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
I think i do anyway! Might just sell it on then :/
Thanks given by:
Sean why not make the battery under the car... make a battery box in the middle of the back under the car...thats where mine is... out of sight

Keep us posted!
Thanks given by:
meh Solid mount or your not trying hard enough!

[Image: CB9A8E52-6605-4960-93AD-12D33797D4C9-952...869A7C.jpg]
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2012, 10:02 PM)sean-306 Wrote: Oh... and that knocking from my exhaust was actually my lower brace hitting my lower engine mount! Facepalm moment!!

Lower brace removed till kris can get the bottom mount of and mod it!

...... :O

Hmmm, may have to inspect this option on mine... What lower brace did you have, standard omp-style jobby? Like this:

[Image: DSC_0233.jpg]

Looking good though mate, keeping up some good progress here.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yes mate, the brace has done a fair bit of damage too!!

but that will be the problem 100%

(14-12-2012, 12:13 AM)306GT30 Wrote: Sean why not make the battery under the car... make a battery box in the middle of the back under the car...thats where mine is... out of sight

Keep us posted!

i wantto, but its making a box secure enough for it!
Thanks given by:
So had aux belt failure. f*ck me the steerings heavy when the power steering goes!!

Getting new belt and new tensioner fitted Monday, still aiming to be at ace on Monday. Might be bringing a surprise for everyone to enjoy as well!! Wink
Thanks given by:
Why on earth did it fail?! Surprised it wasn't spotted when Kris was doing all that work for you, i take it there wasn't any collateral damage?

You were spot on about that lower brace causing the noise, repped.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(16-12-2012, 12:16 PM)sean-306 Wrote: So had aux belt failure. f*ck me the steerings heavy when the power steering goes!!

Getting new belt and new tensioner fitted Monday, still aiming to be at ace on Monday. Might be bringing a surprise for everyone to enjoy as well!! Wink

Yeah it is hard going when it broken
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2012, 06:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: Why on earth did it fail?! Surprised it wasn't spotted when Kris was doing all that work for you, i take it there wasn't any collateral damage?

You were spot on about that lower brace causing the noise, repped.

We removed the ac and put a smaller belt on. I think a combination of an old tensioner and a too tight belt caused it!

The tensioner was slightly on the piss. You coming to ace? Will show you the belt! Only about 150miles old!!
Thanks given by:
The auto-tensioner should mean you can't over-tighten the belt, that's the whole point lol. At least nothing else got damaged.

Wish i could matey, working 'til 9 that day. Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Awww that's a shame!

Glad I sorted your banging too! Will take a picture of my battered mount when its off!!
Thanks given by:
Giggidy!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
looking good mate, i see your angels all fitted after running into me the other week in basingstoke
Thanks given by:
.at halfords? Glad you found the website all right! Everyone is.going to ace cafe tonight if you fancy it?
Thanks given by:
yep thats me, yeh finally got round to having a poke about, mines running like a shitter at the moment, so dont plan on going anywhere other than work and the odd trip to places i need to go Sad, lots and lots of smoke, might be time for a hdi, or another engine if i can be bothered with a xud, hows yours running at the moment, stage 2 yet?
Thanks given by:
Its running fine now I've in plugged the maf!

Have been looking on eBay for 3" pipe.

3m of 3" T304 is about 65 quid and 3 45° is also about 65quid...

I want more exhaust noise! The hdi is too quiet!
Thanks given by:
Not going to get yourself a new maf first fella? Although I dont know how much difference itll make on a stage 2...

Have you still got boxes in the exhaust?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
h, mid n back. think imgoing to make the mid the back and get rid of the back box.

Is a maf really needed? Seems to run fine without it?

Might need a weekend with you and pp too. Niall scanned it and it came back with a few faults that he couldnt clear at the time if you fancy it...
Thanks given by:
More smoke me thinks, especially at the top end of the rev range
Might see a slight decrease in MPG too
My hdis a bit special needs as it goes into limp without the maf.

So how's the hybrid fairing jay sean

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Yes, as Arron says you'll lose efficiency and a bit of power. Sack of the backbox at least, daft running anything more than standard power on a standard exhaust.

Yeah sure, i work the weekends, but i'm sure i could find a few hours for you, drop us a pm.

Mine does that as well Arron, random, never seen it before...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
my mate did me a photoshop...

should i get the mo's... i think so!!!

[Image: Untitled-1_zpsa30b3326.jpg]

<3
Thanks given by:
oh yes, definatly get some compomotives, ive been wanting some forever, just waiting for a set of 16" mo6 rims to come up at the right price. been waiting a while so far lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
MOs are win, not so sure about that colour though, cream/yellow... :S
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
theyre suppose tob white"!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate Eeyore 390 173,636 14-06-2015, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 37,310 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6 Ed Doe 807 357,535 27-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle