Dum-Dum's Transsexual HDi Roadster - HE/SHE RUNS!!! :D

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dum's Transsexual HDi Roadster - HE/SHE RUNS!!! :D
Awesome work! bring it down sunday!?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Nice work chris ThumbsUp

Also bodge FTW

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Bodge wiring on a fuelling system? Why do i not expect any less from you Christopher?

Tbh man, im genuinely shocked you still have this and havent scrapped or sold it yes. I will have to have a look and shake your hand at the weekend!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 04:11 PM)ginge191 Wrote: Awesome work! bring it down sunday!?
Cheers Mate. I'm still a maybe, I wanna get it on the flat and see how much diesel I actually have then give it a bit of a test run round town before I agree to anything but I'm now a 99% defo for ace Smile

(13-06-2013, 04:15 PM)puglove Wrote: Nice work chris ThumbsUp

Also bodge FTW
Cheers mate, a vote for bodging it noted.

(13-06-2013, 04:20 PM)Niall Wrote: Bodge wiring on a fuelling system? Why do i not expect any less from you Christopher?

Tbh man, im genuinely shocked you still have this and havent scrapped or sold it yes. I will have to have a look and shake your hand at the weekend!
When I say bodge I'm talking about a fused ignition live with a suitably sized cable but yes it was to be expected (you should see the fuel line I made lol)

I'm shocked too but I know exactly what I'm building next and its gonna be even faster than this. That said this aint going till after I've had a few months to enjoy it to the full. As I've said before I was deadly serious with my resolution to own less cars this year and I don't do failure.

Ill see you Sunday or Monday depending on my fuel situation.
Thanks given by:
So here's my failed first start attempt where it caught then died.

http://youtu.be/MoaKlJAyxow

And a successful start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEO3n8tbFag
Thanks given by:
awesome chap!!

theres a yellow phase1 cabby near me for sale....this nearly gave me inspiration to buy it n put the 2.1 in....

then I came to my senses!! haha!

but well done...so sweet when it first works!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
bwawwwwwaaaaaap
Thanks given by:
Hdi cabby

Love it
Thanks given by:
fair play for getting it finished chris Smile look forward to having a decent look
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good to see it running. Will you be running a switched live to the lift pump now?
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well played mate. To be honest I saw this getting scrapped halfway through. Fair play to you sir.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 09:19 PM)Piggy Wrote: awesome chap!!

theres a yellow phase1 cabby near me for sale....this nearly gave me inspiration to buy it n put the 2.1 in....

then I came to my senses!! haha!

but well done...so sweet when it first works!
Yeah its an awesome feeling when it first runs as you know that any niggles are fix-able.
You should 2.1 the yellow cab, would be epic

(13-06-2013, 09:19 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: bwawwwwwaaaaaap
No, Boooooosssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttttttt

(13-06-2013, 09:49 PM)Strikeforce Wrote: Hdi cabby

Love it
Cheers Mate Smile

(13-06-2013, 11:26 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: fair play for getting it finished chris Smile look forward to having a decent look
Cheers dude, ill be about at some point to show it off if not itll be FCS

(14-06-2013, 10:52 AM)Fozzy Wrote: Good to see it running. Will you be running a switched live to the lift pump now?
Cheers mate, I'm gonna do a bit of investigation to see if i can work out whats not working first but then yes it'll probably have to be a switched (and relayed live)

(14-06-2013, 11:27 AM)Grant Wrote: Well played mate. To be honest I saw this getting scrapped halfway through. Fair play to you sir.

Cheers dude. It will be for sale in the autumn
Thanks given by:
So today I was going to finish my car but my best mate came round and took me to the pub so I've kinda half done the fuel pump wiring and thats it.

So the latest snagging list
Finish lift pump wiring, switch and relay done but needs running to pump and a fuse
Find out why boost gauge wiring aint working
Tighten up a boost hose jubilee clip
Fit Exhaust and invent an exhaust clamp from crap in the garage
Make fogs yellow
Refit front splitter without twist ties
Refit bumper
Find a TRE nut that fits
Tighten up some suspension bolts
Refit wheels
Thanks given by:
Minor !!!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
*yawn*

Get it finished already!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Yeah just realised its gonna rain tomorrow so I might go do the exhaust, boost pipe and bumper now. Really CBA mind
Thanks given by:
CBA? feck that. Go and do it.

Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 06:23 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: CBA? feck that. Go and do it.

What he needs is a big tarp, a stick and a Carl to tie it all up
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 06:28 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:

What he needs is a big tarp, a stick and a Carl to tie it all up

QFT lol

Thanks given by:
That was generally a weekend of manning up tbh. Good times.

Dum get it f*cking finished already.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-06-2013, 06:12 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So today I was going to finish my car but my best mate came round and took me to the pub so I've kinda half done the fuel pump wiring and thats it.

So the latest snagging list
Finish lift pump wiring, switch and relay done but needs running to pump and a fuse
Tighten up a boost hose jubilee clip
Fit Exhaust and invent an exhaust clamp from crap in the garage
Make fogs yellow
Refit bumper
Find a TRE nut that fits
Tighten up some suspension bolts
Refit wheels

Chris if you get down to Elis I have some spare TRE bolts xx
Thanks given by:

(14-06-2013, 06:31 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Dum get it f*cking finished already.

OK I've gone out and done some bits but its raining now so ill finish it tomorrow.

(14-06-2013, 06:52 PM)vlj Wrote: Chris if you get down to Elis I have some spare TRE bolts xx
I would but its looking like I dont have enough diesel to do it and I dont have the money. TBH having got a nut on it I think I could do with a new track rod end. Off to ebay I go Smile

Snagging list down to...
Make fogs yellow
Refit bumper
Refit wheels

Exhaust clamp is EPIC

Thanks given by:
In keeping with the rest of the gasless welded and generally bodged exhaust then lol

Thanks given by:
This man is a genius...! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
There is some trolling to be had with a diesel cabby, imagine the shock of people at petrol stations who know anything about the 306 when they see you filling up with diesel
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 09:43 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: There is some trolling to be had with a diesel cabby, imagine the shock of people at petrol stations who know anything about the 306 when they see you filling up with diesel

Am I the only one that doesn't pay attention to which pump somebody is holding ?
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 09:55 AM)vlj Wrote:
(15-06-2013, 09:43 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: There is some trolling to be had with a diesel cabby, imagine the shock of people at petrol stations who know anything about the 306 when they see you filling up with diesel

Am I the only one that doesn't pay attention to which pump somebody is holding ?

haha, im not suggesting that anyone will actually care or even notice, just that one day someone might notice and think to themselves "what a twat"
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 10:11 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

haha, im not suggesting that anyone will actually care or even notice, just that one day someone might notice and think to themselves "what a twat"

That's the look I get when I put veg in haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
epic....but c'mon...damn the rain...get it done
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 10:11 AM)ozonehostile Wrote:

Surely those sort of people wouldn't know that Peugeot never made a diesel version of the cab though.

Only person who might notice is the bloke in Shell but as I hardly drive anymore it's probably about a month since I went for fuel.
Thanks given by: