106 Track Toy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
106 Track Toy
(26-06-2015, 06:05 PM)Stef205 Wrote: ive great success with brembo max discs or even plain brembo tbh i use them on my 4 pots

Yeah I've been looking at those. Seem to have good feedback, pads are the only thing I'm struggling with making a decision on 
Thanks given by:
I have standard brembo discs on my gti brakes up front, absolutely brilliant.

And for the last few months i have been running mintex1144s... I then swapped to the Ds2500 ferrodo pads... big difference!!

I would svave for brembo discs, Ds2500 pads, braided lines (if not already) and some nice race dot4 or decent 5.1 fluid.

But to be honest, all that is pointless with rubbish tyres!

nice wheel choice by the way, love them on the 106!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2015, 06:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: I have standard brembo discs on my gti brakes up front, absolutely brilliant.

And for the last few months i have been running mintex1144s... I then swapped to the Ds2500 ferrodo pads... big difference!!

I would svave for brembo discs, Ds2500 pads, braided lines (if not already) and some nice race dot4 or decent 5.1 fluid.

But to  be honest, all that is pointless with rubbish tyres!

nice wheel choice by the way, love them on the 106!

Yeah I think tyres are my next big purchase, and thanks Smile best looking wheels for them
Thanks given by:
Good tyres are mandatory! R888's or Yoko AO48's in soft compund for a lightweight 106, the difference in the way the car performs is simply night and day.

Next big purchase needs to be an S1 rallye close ratio gearbox! try to find one thats already had a GTi 5th gear swap but keeping the S1 final drive Smile 6sec 0-60 and top end of 135+ Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2015, 07:27 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: Good tyres are mandatory! R888's or Yoko AO48's in soft compund for a lightweight 106, the difference in the way the car performs is simply night and day.

Next big purchase needs to be an S1 rallye close ratio gearbox! try to find one thats already had a GTi 5th gear swap but keeping the S1 final drive Smile 6sec 0-60 and top end of 135+ Wink

I like the sound of that gearbox! Have to keep an eye out for a S1 box
Thanks given by:
Finally got rid of all the tar stuff in the car, horrible job to do. Only took me an hour to get this piece off

Thanks given by:
Td's looks great Nathan

Id the 406 brembo made a bloody racket and won't amazing I could easily out break them with my yellow stuff now.

Definitely look into scatchshifts mate,quality bits of kit.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2015, 08:12 PM)7057sam Wrote: Td's looks great Nathan

Id the 406 brembo made a bloody racket and won't amazing I could easily out break them with my yellow stuff now.

Definitely look into scatchshifts mate,quality bits of kit.

I was tempted by 406 Brembos but can't find any about and a snatchshift is definitely on the cards! Not to badly priced either
Thanks given by:
You won't need brembos, 6 calipers at the most
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2015, 09:40 PM)Stef205 Wrote: You won't need brembos, 6 calipers at the most

Fair enough Smile got 6' brakes already on it. Trying to come up with a list of things I want to get once all the rust is sorted. Found more today by the jacking points. Same place my 306 went Sad on a positive note I just got these Big Grin should be here by Thursday 

Thanks given by:
Fitted my aerial blank today, I think it looks a lot neater Smile

As usual with anything French I find more rust -_- not sure if it's under the side skirt or if it's within the body

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
you could blend that bit into a cage mount Wink
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2015, 02:36 PM)Stef205 Wrote: you could blend that bit into a cage mount Wink

Yeah I would like too for that but if you look inside the big round he next to it you can see loads of rust in there
Thanks given by:
not much you can do about that other than spray something in there
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(30-06-2015, 02:42 PM)Stef205 Wrote: not much you can do about that other than spray something in there

Yeah it's a pain can snap bits off in there. Just douse the bugger in kurust 
Thanks given by:
Gave the car a bit of attention today Smile changed the fuel filter and gave the throttle body and ICV a good clean up today really noticed a difference in the response of the throttle. 

Can also notice a big difference in the ported and polished throttle body

Next on my list is to get the new shocks on the new beam when they arrive and put that on after Pugfest Smile
Thanks given by:
Had a catch tank laying around so I thought I'd put it it the GTi Smile should stop the oil getting in the throttle body and ICV and so on. It won't permanently be in that spot, I'm planning on getting a BMC induction kit so will make more room for me to relocate it 

The washer bottle was previously removed due to a plate being welded in where it was so a washer bag was put just I front the radiator. I didn't like it there because it was restricting the air flow to the radiator. So after some research I'm going to fit a 205 washer bottle in the boot of the car as apparently they were located there on the 205 and is pretty much a straight fit. So I've removed that washer bag as I don't actually use the windscreen washers. 

Thanks given by:
got a 205 rear washer bottle here if you want it Smile
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 10:54 PM)Stef205 Wrote: got a 205 rear washer bottle here if you want it Smile

Ah sweet I may have to take that off your hands when I come up Smile I'm bidding on one on eBay but wouldn't hurt to Have a spare. Should be putting the beam on once the shocks arrive! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
i like customers like you, buy a beam then dont fit it untill the warranty is out! Tongue
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(03-07-2015, 11:30 PM)Stef205 Wrote: i like customers like you, buy a beam then dont fit it untill the warranty is out! Tongue

Haha it's all good Tongue still have some warranty left only got it like 5 months ago. I trust your workmanship 
Thanks given by:
I've relocated the catch tank it's mounted on a bracket coming off the engine block, much happier with it there. Need to invest in some proper silicone hose for it. That crappy blue hose just folds in on itself 

Thanks given by:
The 205 washer bottle came today Smile just got to figure out what way I want to mount it

Thanks given by:
WTF is this!! could we not find a shorter bolt?! lmao

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 04:48 PM)Stef205 Wrote: WTF is this!! could we not find a shorter bolt?! lmao

Haha I got the catch tank from DumDum, that should explain it all lol
Thanks given by:
You still put it on the car like that. Tongue

Haven't been in here for a while, it's all looking very tidy.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 05:42 AM)Poodle Wrote: You still put it on the car like that. Tongue

Haven't been in here for a while, it's all looking very tidy.

Don't see a problem Tongue and thanks man Smile it's getting there
Thanks given by:
In fairness I could of shortened the bolts but it's quicker and easier just to throw a couple of extra nuts on them.

Nathan I have a couple of nice yellowy road legal all weather H4 bulbs that have come out of my 106 if you want them. Can bring to pugfest.
Thanks given by:
(09-07-2015, 05:09 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(09-07-2015, 04:48 PM)Stef205 Wrote: WTF is this!! could we not find a shorter bolt?! lmao

Haha I got the catch tank from DumDum, that should explain it all lol

bet the catch tank is empty too if it was from DD Wink

I'm no perv expert, but that KnN looks awful small and with no cold air flow to it Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 10:53 AM)Piggy Wrote: I'm no perv expert, but that KnN looks awful small and with no cold air flow to it Undecided

That's the oil breather, James.

Wink
Thanks given by: