Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your HDI cuts out or feels under powered
Firstly am no expert but I have had a lot of problems with my car not starting and cutting out.

Here is a list of thing for you to check before paying out silly money for someone else to do the work.

This list is only my own experience but it may help you.

1. Always start with the basics When was your car last serviced/check for fuel leaks. I believe the service intervals for oil and filters including fuel and air is every 12000miles although I half this as it cost so little to do it yourself.

2. My car would not start after I uploaded a free remap file to the ECU I up loaded the wrong file and bricked the ECU needed a new ECU.

3. My car would not start until I hit the lift pump with a hammer Needed a new lift pump. Under the rear seats Free - £120ish

4. My car cut out as soon as I put my foot down after a remap I changed the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) on the high pressure pump. Free - £140

5. My car cut out at 3000rpm on full throttle Removed the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) cleaned it up and refitted it. Cost of some thinners and a can of air £10

6. My car would not rev over 3000rpm Red plug behind the fuel filter was loose. Free

7. My car felt under powered and the injectors were loud I Fitted replacement ones but to save you some cash get them tested. Free - £400

8. My car would not start and I could not hear the lift pump and iv checked the immobilizer Checked the brown relay behind the ECU. Peugeot Part number 19207L £15.94

9. My car started cutting out at random Cleaned up the brown relays socket.

10. My car is running fine but I still have the code of P0230 showing Check the yellow plug at the front of the block and clean it up. The clip Free -

Other things you may like to check if your car feels under powered

11. Your car is a heavy smoker and feels sluggish mass air flow meter MAF Try running it unplugged if it feels better clean it/seek replacement.

12. Your car feels sluggish and hissing Check for boost leaks.

13. Your car feels sluggish and using to much fuel Check your brakes are not sticking.

14. High Pressure Pump Third Piston Shut-Off Switch on top of the hp pump.

If you are close to me please feel free to ask me to have a look.

If I need to edit this or if you would like me to add anything please let me know.

Thanks Martin
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
If your HDI cuts out or feels under powered - by mooey65 - 12-02-2012, 11:25 PM