Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread
Time for an update on this as I've been doing a few bits and bobs to it over the last few months.

First up, after the third attempt I got the right washer jets which are indeed labelled Fiat (thanks Frosty!).  Picture for comparison between the one that didn't work (on the left) and the one that did (on the right) and in packaging with reference number in case anyone needs it in future.

The jets worked perfectly after fitting but unfortunately they no longer work - it's not the fuse and I tried squirting them with the jets removed which didn't work so I've ordered another pump as the current pump just makes a clicking noise when I pull the stalk.

After the joy of new jets it was time for another trip to Southampton to see Alex who fitted new Sachs OEM replacement shocks all round with Eibach proline springs on the front together with a new top mount kit, bump stops and dust boots.  

There was quite a different in the spring size but the drop isn't all that noticeable because I didn't realise that as they're effectively gti6 springs and the engine doesn't weigh as much there would be very little appreciable difference.  Whilst I was probably hoping for more of a drop to offset the look of the really low back end I am really pleased with the way the car handles and rides now though - it soaks up bumps even on 17"s and I feel so much more confident driving it, especially after getting the tracking sorted out.

There has been a drop but the stance hasn't changed much really:

I am considering raising the rear to make it look more balanced as it rides so well with the new springs/shocks and I reckon it would be a shame to put ebay springs on the front and screw up the ride/handling

190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by MY95 - 16-05-2017, 10:07 PM
RE: Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by partybish - 01-10-2017, 09:19 AM
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by DeeTurbo - 02-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by DeeTurbo - 10-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by DeeTurbo - 10-10-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by C2K - 24-12-2017, 05:21 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post