Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread
When I took out the interior paneling I came across some burnt out wiring in the rear of the car so I ended up taking some advice from my neighbour who is an electrician and cut out the burnt wire replacing it with new wiring.

There were more burnt out wires in the boot and the rear wiper had been removed and blanked off so I performed a similar task by cutting back the burnt wire and splicing it in using plastic wire connectors and a couple of blocks.  It was a right mess to start with and the last two wires were stripped completely bare of their casings so I wrapped them in electrical tape and basically took a guess at which one was which when reconnecting them to the new wiper motor unit I'd sourced.

Once I'd connected it all up I turned the ignition on and tentatively flipped the rear wiper switch.  There was a short delay and then the wiper started working...cue me fist pumping the air!! Rofl  It even seems to have made the passenger side electric window work again (although that could be coincidence).
I finished off the evening by adding in some rear boot trim that I had taken from a gti6 which made the boot look much neater.  I removed the warning sticker with some white spirit after this pic.

Whilst I had the interior out and drying I cleaned up all the door jambs and shuts and other little areas like the fuel filler properly.  The door hinges were both broken when I got the car and they didn;t look like the best design to start with so I sourced a new set plus pins from Peugeot and had them shotblasted and zinc plated together with a new set of alloy wheel bolts as I'd done this on my Clio and they look nice and withstand the elements better.

Shiny bits back from the platers

The fuel cap had accumulated a lot of crap over the years..

After going at it with a toothbrush and some solvent..

Lastly I swapped over the blacked out lion with a replacement sourced from ebay to make the car look a little more OEM..

Pretty much since I'd bought the car I'd been on the lookout for some decent gti6 leather/alcantara seats to replace the smelly ripped seats that the car came with.  I managed to find a seller on the gti6 forum and turned up to find he had about five gti6's on his drive so I left with a rear bench and three front seats as the plan is to swap the bases/backs over on the driver's side so I end up with a seat that has no wear.  The seats had accumulated some mould so I attacked them with some all purpose cleaner followed by using a clothing de-bobbling machine to get the alcantara looking nice then treated the leather with leather cleaner followed by leather care cream.  I left the seats in the car overnight with some large silica bags to absorb any moisture from them.  I plan to get some black leather paint to get the cracked leather parts looking good again.  Anyway, after a good clean they were much better than the old seats and they came out of a phase 3 so the side airbags were just plug and play.
Old seat

New seats on arrival

190k Moonstone 3dr HDI sold
..on the lookout for a 6/rallye

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by partybish - 10-05-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by MY95 - 16-05-2017, 10:07 PM
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by DeeTurbo - 02-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by DeeTurbo - 10-10-2017, 02:01 PM
Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by DeeTurbo - 10-10-2017, 08:08 PM
RE: Partybish's 190k HDI Cleanup Thread - by C2K - 24-12-2017, 05:21 AM