Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick possible diagnostic anyone?
Hiya,
Have a 1.6 Phase 1 which is really misbehaving - to the point that I don´t want to take it for an MOT in case I´m laughed out of the place.

symptoms:
Cold start and it revs and falls rum-rum style - very rythmically until it warms up
Runs a bit fast 1000+ at normal warm idle - will suddenly dip and die (does this extremely frequently- particularly waiting a junction to pull off)
Hesitates at full throttle - generally not an even acceleration
Throttle stays on momentarilly when I lift my foot off the pedal - causes a bit of a rev between gear changes like a sticking pedal.

Can´t comment on petrol consumption as I haven´t used the car enough (no MOT yet) and haven´t driven it sufficiently to say how long this has been going on or if it´s getting worse etc. I don´t have a service history with the car so can´t say if the Lambda or temperature sensors have been replaced. 

I know if I take it for the test and it fails - they´ll probably just say fail on emissions which is not informative.

"Take it to the garage if you don´t know what it is" I can hear you all say - however my friendly mechanic has gone away and I´m looking at an unsympathetic and money-grabbing Peugeot franchise garage or a back-streeter who I don´t know from Adam.

To have some pointer as to the potential problem will save me paying new car money due to ignorance.
Thanks a lot Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 03-05-2017, 08:51 AM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 03-05-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 21-05-2017, 10:58 AM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 30-08-2017, 01:10 AM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 06-03-2018, 07:55 PM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 07-03-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by Nexus - 09-03-2018, 12:02 AM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 09-03-2018, 10:13 AM
RE: Quick possible diagnostic anyone? - by PaulOH - 09-03-2018, 08:25 PM