Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 2.2 HDi Coupe.. Daily boost bus.
Properly lost the love for this over Christmas.. The gearbox I bought off Mark has a different casing despite looking identical so doesn't fit, so I've had the box off an back on for no reason.. Totally my fault, but properly infuriating.  And after driving another 1k miles 4th really is f*cked, barely possible to change without crunching. The shocks have now completely given up, I've yet to put it on a ramp to check but the nsf has definitely blown the seals. The turbo has also died, it was always a bit loud but now wot for more than about 10 seconds puts it in limp mode and the code is for turbo solenoid but you can hear it's f*cked. Maybe it's just the solenoid, but it's needing a blower regardless. Coupled with the clutch that slips like mad in 4th and 5th, this makes driving it absolutely rubbish. 
My brother then decided to push me across a car park on boxing day, something I don't normally mind with my daily cars, I'm not precious about them, but he split my rear bumper that I already replaced.. Oh, and one cold morning the driver's seat release cable snapped. 

I'm aware I'm my own worst enemy for the most part, I don't drive very sympathetically, especially my daily drivers. But to make it reliable again I'm looking at spending a lot of time and money on a car I really don't need as my 306 hdi will be back on the road reasonably soon. 

So, the question is.. Does anyone want it as a whole, or should I break it. It owes me too much to just scrap it, but I can't justify spending the money to put it right.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: 406 2.2 HDi Coupe.. Daily boost bus. - by Jonny81191 - 28-12-2016, 10:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stu's coupe. BMW content.. disco stu 87 26,158 05-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Last Post: disco stu