Moonstone Estate Project

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moonstone Estate Project
Been meaning to get a project thread up for a while but i always seem to forget to take pics, Finally made a effort this weekend and got a few jobs done.

[Image: 028-Copy_zpsb441a809.jpg]

So here's the Car, bought it around 8 Months ago for the pricely sum of £450 Hdi Meridian with 150,000 on the clock needed a new clutch as the thrust bearing was totally shot so that was the first job. Serviced it and sorted a few niggley jobs like changing the wiper motor as it had a mind of its own and swapped the heater fan.

Fitted a boost gauge, longest part was finding the hole through the bulkhead into the car Confused Couldnt believe how much black sludge was in the inlet pipe, it was terrible shit took ages to clean off

[Image: 027_zps6ac274a3.jpg]

[Image: 026_zps16ee36ca.jpg]

Im getting around 14psi which i think is around normal considering the cars mileage.

Next big job is to swap the rear beam as its got some serious camber going on lol, I got a beam from one of my mates who scrapped his 306 a few months earlier so for last 3 weeks ive been stripping and painting it up ready to go on the car.

Finished Product

[Image: 022_zpsc39e43e7.jpg]

[Image: cccd1a31-844f-40eb-a766-9e50c725e8e7_zpsa8195a0f.jpg]

been pretty cheap has most of the paint and stuff i already had in my garage, bought new mounts so its ready to fit whenever the weathers better.

Started to refurb the calipers too this weekend Smile

Before
[Image: 024_zps3eee1a6e.jpg]

After

[Image: 025-Copy_zps0a6eab23.jpg]

They need another coat before their done but im happy with how they look, should look pretty bling with satin black cyclones and black brake backing plates.

Jobs to do

Get a new front bumper (current is cracked and scratched )
Replace/ respray bump strips on drivers door
Spray wheels satin black
fit new discs and pads to the front
decat and mid box to back box
block egr and unplug (bought Egr plate just need to fit)
Stage 1 remap

and lots of others
Thanks given by:
Plans sound good, liking the attention to detail!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Good few mods there did you completely rebuild the axle?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Not a complete rebuild, i removed the torsion bars cleaned them and painted them greasing the splines so their easier to remove in future, also did the same with the arb, rest was just cleaning rust proofing the axle, didn't touch the main bearings as i know these were good when it was on my mates car, also i fear if i took it apart that much id never get it back together again lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr_Jekyll & Mr_Hyde Estate Project dr_jekyll 1,282 430,992 13-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  Moonstone GTi6 Track-Lite Project reese 28 14,774 29-01-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: reese
  Project OEM Phase 3 GTi6 - Moonstone aircool 2 2,039 14-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Last Post: aircool