My knob keeps spinning round

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My knob keeps spinning round
Just wondering what the best way to stop me gear knob spinning round on the stick, was gonna wrap something round the shaft (giggidy) just wondering if there is a better/less pikie way?
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
When my knob kept falling off I used a squirt of tiger seal rubbed around the shaft, also try and squirt a blob down the actual tip to aid traction. This way your knob is secure & there's no visible way of telling the shaft or knob has had any repairs. Be careful though as the last thing you want is black sticky stuff all over your knob.
Thanks given by:
Yeah just thought of tiger seal actually, will give it a whirl later, yeah no one wants a sticky knob!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
Gotta love sexual innuendo knob threads
Thanks given by:
Make sure you rub up and down the shaft first though if you want a happy ending for your knob
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
I used silicone sealant on my knob. The white stuff, it's dried now and has made my knob hard and stiff on my shaft.
Thanks given by:
Ended up putting a bit if tape around the shaft to bulk up the girth of it, worked okay for now as it is much stiffer and doesn't spin around in your hand as easily, only with a hard tug. May try some tiger seal tomorrow to completely stick my knob to the shaft
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
pu adhesive/tiger seal; sticks like baby sh*t to a blanket.........
Thanks given by:
Yeah will have to get some for me spoiler so will do it then, love tiger seal!
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:
I used a bit of superglue on my shaft then carefully pushed the knob in to place. Made a bit of a sticky mess on my hands but I managed to get it off.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Phil, how's your shaft holding up? Any movement in your knob now you've put some tape round it? I know you mentioned if you tug it hard it still comes off - Did you put any glue on it in the end?
Thanks given by:
My knob is holding up well! No movement on the shaft and doesnt come iff in your hand when using it, currently just got a bit if tape round the shaft which seemed to have worked well enough to keep my knob stiff and secure on the shaft
No smoke, No poke!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Strut brace! Which way round? underground375 9 1,924 31-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Last Post: underground375