Trip Computer Guide (HDI)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trip Computer Guide (HDI)
That diagram is for the D9 mate.

The one I posted is for the D8 and it's the D8 TC we're using.

I would love to have a D9 TC instead but I don't think it's possible without a lot of work because I think it's integrated with the BSI, I think? Sad
Thanks given by:
ok tell me the year 406 and il look on sedre again
Thanks given by:
Shit I have no idea, at a guess I would say the D8 was around a P to T plate is that 96-99?
Thanks given by:
used 98 -02 numbers and came back with the same drawing
Thanks given by:
What about pre 98?
Thanks given by:
pre 98 same drawing

where did you get your drawing?
Thanks given by:
The 406oc site.

http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3...=45#p44851

The guy says he got it from servicebox.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I would love to have a D9 TC instead but I don't think it's possible without a lot of work because I think it's integrated with the BSI, I think? Sad

I would love the same think but it's impossible... Unless you integrate the complete multiplexed wiring from a phase 2 Xsara... But it's a HUGE amount of work.

@Niall : Yes i think it's the best way to get a sender form a D8 406 and compare but it's a lot of work... Your diy plastic trim to fit TC is wonderful btw Blush how did you make it ?

@all : I know it's been a while that i didn't post anything on the forum but i was (and i'm still) quite busy at the moment. I will be more available on French summer holidays from 1st of July. I also had the idea to make our own TC for just 306 cars... It's a huge amount of work but it would allow to put it at the center of the counter... Like recent cars.
Thanks given by:
Hey Paulo, that would be awesome!

A bit off topic but my girlfriend has a pre-plexed 206, I was thinking of installing the climate control from a higher spec 206 in and now I'm thinking I wonder how difficult it would be to install that into a 306! It would be quite nice and it would feel a bit more modern.
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 09:20 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Hey Paulo, that would be awesome!

A bit off topic but my girlfriend has a pre-plexed 206, I was thinking of installing the climate control from a higher spec 206 in and now I'm thinking I wonder how difficult it would be to install that into a 306! It would be quite nice and it would feel a bit more modern.

Haha way ahead of you. Ive already been looking into it and its not as bad as you may think!

Paulo, It was made by cutting the hole to the same size as the trim around the TC, fitting it in with araldite then fibreglass and filler it, flat and paint.

I must say, im quite impressed with it if i do say so my self. Im usually useless with making things like this but if it wasnt for the fact its not the original colour, it could almost pass off for OEM
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Naill have you fixed you resetting issue?
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 09:42 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: Naill have you fixed you resetting issue?

If im honest, i havent even driven it yet since! Been fixing a few electrical gremlins and working on my other little project Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Quote:A bit off topic but my girlfriend has a pre-plexed 206, I was thinking of installing the climate control from a higher spec 206 in and now I'm thinking I wonder how difficult it would be to install that into a 306! It would be quite nice and it would feel a bit more modern.

Lol, I thought almost the same, I mean, I just have a manuel A/C, turning it into an auto A/C is already planned. But I thought : it's not fair, why 306 owners with auto A/C doesn't have LCD screen to control it as modern cars, but also 605, 806 (Citroen Synergie in UK) and 406 DO have it !

So I went to a scrapyard few months ago and I managed to get a D8 automatic A/C control module... I took the D8 because I know it is not multiplexed whereas later versions like D9 and 206 are connected to the BSI (but maybe I'm wrong Niall)... But after that you need to : install the module, re-wire the motors, install a new motor to replace the 2 cables left, and install the "sun captor" at the center of the Dashboard... ^^

And at the end, you still need to integrate the 406 (or 206) control module which is BIG compared to the space we have ^^

@Niall : that's great, I mean I finally managed to get a S16 plastic console trim after an harassing research so I'm not going to do this on that "rare" thing ^^. But I have few plastic trim left waiting to be melted ^^ I must say I absolutely don't know anything about plastic manufacturing...
Thanks given by:
this would be excellent if you guys can tell me if I could possibly do this in my 1.4 genoa is I wish to have a rev counter and loose the stupid clock next to my speedo lol
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2013, 03:12 PM)bodp553 Wrote: this would be excellent if you guys can tell me if I could possibly do this in my 1.4 genoa is I wish to have a rev counter and loose the stupid clock next to my speedo lol

Sorry I wouldn't know which pin to connect to on the ECU.

Well today I thought I'd give it another go to get the "estimated left in tank" working. I am now sure that I need to connect to the low fuel bulb up but I seem to be getting 11v on pin6 on the TC? It's a good job I checked before connecting the instrument panel up. I'm not sure that pin6 on the TC is for low fuel now.

I need to double check my connections tomorrow.

I really want to get this thing working properly now.
Thanks given by:
I'm liking the look of this modification guys!
did you manage to make that work Dee?

These electrical things interest me as i am an Entertainment Sparky and work with different Digital and Analogue signals on a regular basis i'm quite common with multiplexing also. Might have to have a read into it abit further when i'm not touring the country in my Worn 306 AutoBus.. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It's all working apart from estimated miles left in tank.

I still need to check my connections, but I've been speaking to a guy that fitted one to a Xania and he connected his pin 6 to the low fuel bulb.
Thanks given by:
Did you guys ever get this to work with estimated miles left in tank ?

I have been digging around the web and came across something called UTCOMP by a company called Reveltronics.

http://www.reveltronics.com/en/products/...ter-utcomp

It looks amazing, it does everything a normal trip computer does and more including 0-60 times etc..

It says it is universal

"General functions will work in every car - there's only power supply required. Fuel consumption will work in most cars with electronic injection. Over 90% of petrol engines and about 70% diesel engines (e.g. TDI, HDi, TDDi, JTD etc.) are supported at the moment.

I am about to order it but I am a amateur and thought I would see what you guys think of it first.

Look foward to hearing what you think.

P.S. I have a 2000 GTI-6
Thanks given by:
'Only power supply required'...but for that you wont get many functions, probably time and battery voltage and that's about it.

If you want other functions you will have to wire in various sensors etc. Probably more complicated than just using another Peugeot TC I'd imagine.
Thanks given by:
[Image: Capture-3.jpg]

You need 2 wires plus power for all functions.

I just emailed them and they say it will work fine with my engine XU10J4RS

One of the videos they have of it is in a citreon ZX
Thanks given by:
This is an interesting guide!
Thanks given by:
is this the correct one to use???

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271634955114?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Thanks given by:
That does look like the right one. It has two bulbs so that's a good sign.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2014, 05:05 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: That does look like the right one. It has two bulbs so that's a good sign.

ok thank you.
And what about the back side?? the conector is the right one?? it says BORG
Thanks given by:
Hi, sorry for upping an old thread, but im looking for photos how to wire this trip computer. Thank you photobucket... Maybe someone has wiring diagrams?
Thanks given by:
I'll try up loading photos else where.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by: Lukas
I'm interested in this too. My ECU is the 3pin type which may/may not cause any issues. Even the scan gauge looks ok as it reads boost pressure etc... but a fair bit more expensive.
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately the three plug ECU is canbus and doesn't have the same type of injection pulse output as the single plug ECU.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
DOH!! Do you have any info on the 3plug version DeeTurbo? I still don't know the differences, I've been concentrating on the mapping side of things so if there is a way to possibly log certain outputs without plugging PP2000 in every time it would be helpful.
Thanks given by:
Cully has put up a pin diagram on the guide section.

I think the best thing you could use is the Torque app with a Bluetooth obd2 adaptor.

This one works well with the app. Link

Most of the cheap ones I've used have issues connecting first time.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guide: Making A Trip Computer Stalk Chris 6 5,089 04-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo