205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 D-turbo xud9, banded steels and much more
got my braided oil line today for the td04 off of Jenkosowls

Also started to make my adapter plate for the td04

Just gotta drill the holes for the turbo to bolt on and then I can do the exhaust side.
Thanks given by:

Thanks given by:
Got the turbo mounted to the manifold have made up a bracket for the actuator hopefully will get the engine out of the 205 this week and start to tidy up the engine bay and start to get the ball rolling.
Anyway pics of the turbo

I also going got this from work hopefully it will work as a manual boost controller

Thanks given by:
Are you sure that actuator wont catch on the steering Uj ? il get some photos of mine but i think it needs to be further round under the turbo
Thanks given by:
Im not to sure tbh I just built it up and didnt think of that lol. I still need to get the engine out lol
Thanks given by:
Right bit of a big update I have now got the engine out of the 205 heres a pic of how we started this morning

A few hours later the engine bay looked like this

The car needs a bit of welding behind the drivers headlight just a little bit crispy.

So then I took the bosch pump off the 1.8 and then put it on the 1.9 with a new cambelt kit

Look how high it is sitting atm need to get the coilys on.

I also have put a new valeo clutch in and the engine is now in the car for a trial fit with the td04 the actuator does hit the steering UJ as someone has mentioned so will have to come back out and look at that but all in all not a bad day would of got more pics but my phone diedBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Looking good, think it would be a good idea to change the water pump while engine is out be a lot easier Wink

Thanks given by:
I would do normaly but my 306 s16 has just blew up soni need to get something on the road noe fairly quick now also I am going to rebuild another lump ready with hdi rods and new everything this engine is just to get me going for now also the water pump thats on there now isnt to bad witb no play or anything.
Thanks given by:
Bit of an update on this I have now got the engine in

I have fired it up started pretty much first time with no issues realy I have also sorted the clutch cable as I am running a 1.9 box I have got my coilovers, droplinks and track rod ends on aswell

I have had a quick spin in it and it dosent seem to have any go when it should be coming on boost it was like that with the 1.8 with the bosch pump so I am certain it is the pump thats causing this can anyone give me any ideas what this could be?
Thanks given by:
what clutch cable did you use,having problems with my friends one,not sure which cable to use
Thanks given by:
i'm right in thinking the coilies for the 205 are the same fitment as the 306 coilies (except the brak line holder ofcourse)
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 10:47 AM)pugtk Wrote: what clutch cable did you use,having problems with my friends one,not sure which cable to use

I used parts off of a 306 cable and modified to fit it ill see if I csn get a pic fir ya if you want

(24-04-2013, 11:04 AM)ginge191 Wrote: i'm right in thinking the coilies for the 205 are the same fitment as the 306 coilies (except the brak line holder ofcourse)

Im not to sure tbh they do look the same though and my brake lines fit in the holder aswell Tongue
Thanks given by:
The clutch cable from a 205 Gti is what I used. I did have a 306 one fitted for a while but it was too long
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 10:47 AM)pugtk Wrote: what clutch cable did you use,having problems with my friends one,not sure which cable to use

I'm using a 306DT cable - is slightly long, but cable tied along the sub frame as it likes to dangle - and use the clutch mount from the 205 for the pull resistance.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone have any idea why the car just lags when it should come on boost? It was like it on the 1.8 engine and I had the bosch pump on that aswell.
Thanks given by:
boost leak,have you a gauge on?
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 07:33 PM)aggyj17 Wrote: Does anyone have any idea why the car just lags when it should come on boost? It was like it on the 1.8 engine and I had the bosch pump on that aswell.

What pump you running?
What LDA / pump mods you running?
What boost aer you getting, if any?
Thanks given by:
I have got a Bosch pump gov modded an a lda pin grind done by dan!
Its definitely not a boost leak lol
Not sure what boost its running as i haven't connected it yet but it doesn't even rev enough to even start boosting (it kinda feels like a rev limiter) I have a feeling its a LDA issue because it seems like its not getting fuel when it should come on boost, it doesn't help not having a rev counter either lol
Thanks given by:
(24-04-2013, 02:18 PM)aggyj17 Wrote:

I used parts off of a 306 cable and modified to fit it ill see if I csn get a pic fir ya if you want

(24-04-2013, 11:04 AM)ginge191 Wrote: i'm right in thinking the coilies for the 205 are the same fitment as the 306 coilies (except the brak line holder ofcourse)

yea could you get me some pics,just annoying has been a slight hold up,as he didnt want to buy a few different cables

Im not to sure tbh they do look the same though and my brake lines fit in the holder aswell Tongue

right just made a balls of that last post..haha
also
GINGE i just looked at the 205 1.8na box and is it the clutch cable lever that you took off the 205 box and changed it with the 306 one,

Does that just take the slack out of the 306 cable?
Thanks given by:
I have had a play today and I connected my boost gauge up and is only boosting 8-10 psi on the boost gauge. I have played around with the fueling and I habent realy achieved anything just more smoke lol. I have checked for boost leaks and I cant find one so im pretty sure its not that. Would advancing the timming make any difference?
Thanks given by:
2/3rds to 3/4s advanced is ideal. Sounds like you do have a have boost leak if your only boosting like that :/ Otherwise somethings f*cked.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Right spent a few days on this and have got a little bit more done. I got hold of a new pump and put that on and has solved all the boost issues I was having so boosts well nowSmile. Have put the loweres axle on from the 205 cti I had all new axle bushes, brake lines and hoses all the way through and also some 306 247mm calipers and discs I had kicking about atleast there vented lol.

Also I was having issues with gear linkages I kept the 306 selecter on the gearbox when I put the engine in what a bastard it is to get out in the bay lol.

Also im looking for some 14" wheels for this as 15" just look to big but I only have 15's here apart from a set of swallows thats on the mrs car
Thanks given by:
I'd keep the 15's to be honest mate, cheaper tyres :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yea but I think 14's will look better Big Grin

I tested the rev counter sensor today and found out that didnt work so I got a replacement and wired that up and now I have a working rev counter

Gonna put the front end on tomorrow and start to tidy things up in the engine bay and put the cam belt cover on then all I have to do is make up a new exhaust and I think its nearly there for an mot once I get some new tures or wheels lol
Thanks given by:
Coming on nicely, sleeper potential!
Thanks given by:
Jealous of the rev counter! Also with my TD04 had to "modify" the arm that links to the gear linkages as it hit the downpipe.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Awesome read! Will keep an eye on this.
Thanks given by:

They're different with the drop links too iirc

@op awesome read and sweet project! :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
great sleeper..love it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the comments guys will hopefully be a right sleeper and shock a few people Smile

I started to tidy the engine bay today cable tied a few pipes/cables etc in place put the cambelt cover on etc etc

Then decided to put the front end and put the bonnet on first time in months it actually looks like a car again

Then I gave it a wash aswell as the s16

And a few stickers aswell

Thanks given by: