Cd player keeps switching its self on

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cd player keeps switching its self on
hi all,
for the last 2 weeks or so ive been going out to my car and the sd player has been on luckily hasnt drained the battery, now my cd player dosnt go off when i turn the car off i have to switch it off my self and im one of these who does post flight checks when i stop making sure everything is switched off lol so i know i havnt left it on any ideas what is causes it to switch its self on?? im having to to take the facia off the cd player just to make sure not a massive thing more of a ball ache
Phase 1 306 Dturbo Sigma Blue a.k.a THE LADY

[Image: redranger.jpg]
Thanks given by:
To me it sounds like a fault with the head unit its self mate, time for a replacement, oh and to get them to turn off with the key is normally a case of swapping over the red and yellow wires on the back of the unit if its an aftermarket jobby and it doesn't work with the standard wiring Smile

I also have a funny feeling that there is possibly a jumper fuse that allows you to have the radio stay on with the keys off but I might be thinking of the cig lighter or there may be two, who knows, lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
to be honest mate that cd players has outlived 4 cars so mabye time for a change

Thanks given by:
lol you have your moneys worth from it I think, treat yourself Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
yeah not bad for 35 quid has been in a volvo s40, renault megane, pug 206, and now finally my 306,

Thanks given by:
Theres a fuse in the fusebox that if you move down one notch it keeps the cd player on without the keys in the ignition. It might be a combo of that and the above mentioned 2 red and yellow wires.. constant live and ignition live

Or get a new HU lol :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think i will leave the fuse alone like ive said before me and electronics dont mix

Thanks given by:
If you take a pic of your fusebox i can tell :-) its one of the fuses on the far left
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah when i find the camera lol,

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching to Newer Key MY95 20 4,867 28-01-2021, 04:08 PM
Last Post: NiamHartbrock
Rainbow Switching on and off auto wipers Welshy_Pete 2 1,450 30-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Welshy_Pete