issues after engine change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
issues after engine change
got a couple of issues after my engine change and thought you guys may be able o help. ok so i have looked over all the plugs and earths but cant see a problem, i have searched the forum but cant find an answer, i have just changed the engine in my 306 d turbo and my central locking is going crazy! it locks and unlocks when it feels like it! any ideas? also my clutch cable isnt returning to full height only about half way, any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks in advance
Thanks given by:
sooo its just the locks after the engine change :S

99% of 306 clutches dont return full lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Try stamping on the clutch pedal a few times hard. Might just be the cable isnt adjusted properly.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
check the clutch cable route....maybe kinked or pinched

the central locking is a central locking issue. one of the c/l motors sounds busted
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
central locking was working perfectly before hand so was wondering if there was something i could have unplugged that you guys may be able to think of, and thanks for clutch advice i have stomped on it a few times but still nothing, might have to replace the cable i guess!
Thanks given by:
Does the clutch work alright? I'd probably leave it if it does lol. But if its heavy or stuck in then theres obviously an issue there.

With the central locking, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a complete coincidence and one of the door looms has broken, doesn't hurt to check anyway!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad engine change /no EML jones 16 2,351 23-08-2015, 02:51 PM
Last Post: jones
  Engine/Electric Issues asmith6091 3 1,601 28-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: asmith6091
  Speedo not working after engine change (106) HDIkyle 2 2,196 11-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Jenkosowls